• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How can I use a normal glass pipe to hot rail?

SiriuslyLost

Bluelighter
I don't have any glassware with a bend or small enough part to realistically see it working. (Never hotrailed) . I remember a post about using your carb on ur bowl to do it but was wondering if someone can walk me thru what I need to do to use a bowl to hot rail with. Like where am I heating, does a bic get it hot enough? How do I actually do it? Any help appreciated!

I use a glass straight tube. Costs two dollars at the gas station closest to me and works absolutely fine. If you don't have a way to obtain one then I have read about people using a Chillum but I'm assuming you can use a regular bowl as well (Using the carb as you mentioned). Maybe if you heat it enough and use the mouthpiece to sniff through although I'm not 100% sure and can imagine it would probably be an awkward angle you'd have to sit at if you're carb is on the side of the bowl. And always use a torch. It heats your piece up faster, more evenly and doesn't leave any residue. But what I would do if using a bowl/Chillum is heat the hell out of the carb or larger end, be sure to have your work out in a very finely crushed, thin line, then just place the hot side of your piece above the line and move over it in one steady inhale but not too slow or too fast. That's really about it. Seriously though, go to any little gas station that sells pipes or anything a head-shop would carry and just ask for a straight glass pipe. They range from $2 to around $6 depending on the thickness and durability of the glass.

Last edited:
I've done this, and actually prefer to use a glass bubble for rails. A little less risky, IMHO. Especially for beginners; there's less chance of scorching liquid shooting down your delicate nares...or actual flames, no joke.

Torch the end of the pipe you usually smoke from (tube end), and when it's hot enough, proceed as usual -- except press your nostril to the little hole on the top of the bubble and inhale from there.

I recommend giving it a dry run or three first, so you know just where it needs to go to make a good seal with your nose (quickly), and if you're just comfortable with it in general.

In short: Bubble end up to your nostril, tube end heated and chasing the line.

The angle this creates before your stuff hits your nose can literally save you from excruciating pain and even disfigurement. Harm reduction at its best!

Have fun ridin' the rails!