• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How can I know if I am using quality LSD and how well should I know the trip sitter?

Marijuana is usually not an accurate indicator of how you'll react to psychedelics. Weed works on the cannabinioid receptors which are very different than the way LSD or mushrooms work.

I usually get paranoid and anxious on weed but I have no problem with the psychedelics I've tried or at least they are easier to handle than weed.

Does your height/weight effect how many acid hits you should take?

I'm a 23 year old woman, 5'6 and 125. Does this make a difference for how many hits i should take?

"Hits" Is not an accurate measure of dose. 1 hit of strong acid could equal 5 hits of weak acid. You'd have to know what dose the tabs are to know how many to take.

1, not 2. As mentioned above, the strength of LSD doses can vary, so you need to start low to gauge the strength of the doses you have. If you take one dose and decide you'd like to try more then you can try taking two later, but you should not start with two.

If you want to be sure you have a lysergamide and not (for example) a NBOMe compound, you should test a small piece of your LSD dose with Ehrlich's reagent.

You should know your trip sitter as well as possible, but having somebody to trip-sit is usually better than nobody, especially for your first trip. At minimum, your sitter should be someone you can confidently trust with a secret. As has been mentioned, you ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT trip with anyone who you do not feel very comfortable with.

Last edited:
My advice is to have benzos (Ativan, Xanax, Klonopin...) on hand. Smoking weed to "calm yourself down" during a bad trip is usually a really, really bad idea as it will usually just intensify the psychedelic experience and make you even more paranoid. Benzodiazepines, on the other hand, can be used to take the edge off if you notice things are starting to get out of hand (by taking a small dose), or kill a bad trip outright with a higher dose.

Also, you might consider looking into LSD's RC analogues (ALD-52 or 1p-LSD), as these tend to be more consistently dosed than street acid.