• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos how bad an idea is it to take 300 mg gabapentin 2 hours into a .5mg dose of clonazepam

Gray808

Bluelighter
is there risk of liver damage or aspiration pneumonia I'm probably about 110/115 lbs I doubt there's any real risk but I cant find much about it.

Probably not much of a risk either (though the latter would be the bigger risk in theory). If you have a tolerance to both or either it shouldn't be an issue

Zero risk of liver damage I am currently prescribed 300mg Gabapentin 3x's a day and 0.5mg clonazepam concurrently.

Pneumonia aspiration is possible with any foreign material inhaled. Did you inhale stomach contents/the pills after ingestion or something?

Did you inhale stomach contents/the pills after ingestion or something?
no just some gabaergic combinations can cause unconsciousness and vomiting leading, in the wrong circumstances, to aspiration pneumonia I doubt these drugs at these dosages would make that a relevant issue but ive known a lot of people who have messed up with gabaergic combos so mixing any gabaergics causes me some worry pretty much any downer mix honestly provokes some worry in me

It's all about the dosage. I would not worry at that dose. If your concerned space the dosage between eachother a few hours apart

Agreed with @mauve , low and slow that is the tempo. Nice to see you have a healthy worry, that's the respect using substances requires. Sometimes it takes seeing our friends make mistakes to ensure we preserve ourselves, unfortunately. You should be fine!

Welcome to Bluelight!

I've been prescribed 300mg with 2mg kpins, and all is well. It's the IV fentanyl and crack that's been giving me a tough time.

I've been prescribed 300mg with 2mg kpins, and all is well. It's the IV fentanyl and crack that's been giving me a tough time.

Haha this one made me chuckle. I'm assuming it was a joke.

Yea, Gabapentin's alright, IV Fentanyl and Crack Cocaine though, that's another story. True words.

I found gabapentoids to be really subtle in nature for me. I can see how they can be really dangorous if mixed with excessive amounts of alcohol/benzos.

Even with no tolerance, you'd be just fine. Albeit, very high.

is there risk of liver damage or aspiration pneumonia I'm probably about 110/115 lbs I doubt there's any real risk but I cant find much about it.
You'll be fine. Just remember that sometimes gabapentin can take like 2 hours to fully kick in. If you can split the gabapentin into 150 migs, do that, but I'm guessing you just have a 300 mg capsule so you can't without it being a pain in the ass. Just go slow and if you're really worried text a friend and stay on the phone with them until you're sure you're good.

That amount could easily be prescribed by a doctor to someone who's a virgin to both drugs. My doctor prescribed me that amount of gabapentin when I had just quit benzos (with a seizure the day I went from 0,1mg of clonazepam to zero)
All that said, they're not a good combo, at least to be. All you're doing is synergically augmeting sedation, you can do that with a benadryl. Any of them or both can be used to mellow down another drug, an upper, weed, opies, that's what I would do if I wasn't trying to quit. And I saw you asking about dosages, gabapentin is 1/6 as potent as pregabalin since pregabalin threads are much more common. Take care, even gapapentoids can lead the wrong path if you're an addict, happened to me, huge relapse started by pregabalin, it doesn't even require a prescription and I was doing coke and oxy a week later. So again, take care and be safe.