• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How are you percieved by others?

Mary Poppins said:
I am always intensely curious about how I am perceived.

I would just love to know how people interpret my personality.

I know what I think of myself and that I am happy with myself, so I wouldn't use it as validation, probably more self-indulgence ;)

But by the same token, of course I care what some people think - who doesn't ultimately care what people who they either love or loathe think?

Actually, you're quite right, Id be curious to know what people thought of me and wonder if my impression of them is correct or not.

Basically, I have many many facets to my personality. I can be nice, I can be sincere, I can be a complete bitch, I can be an idiot at times, I can be morose, funny, silly,serious, a hypocrite, a shit stirrer, a cuddler, all those things.

No one person is one dimensional.

What you pick up about a persons character traits also reflects something about your own as well.

And before anyone picks on Doppelganger, there are some of us who arent aware of whatever incident it was and have only known her from her posts here recently. I dont wanna know about any previous incidents that are best left in the past.

<3

Yeah I agree with zephyr: leave it alone muzby. That happened quite a while ago.

But in the interests of recycling and a cleaner, greener Blulight....

...most are jealous...

...but i like it that way...

...boo hoo...

...kytnism...:|

muzby said:
actually no...

a lot of people "analyzed" you after your little "incident" last year... and you threw all views back at people, continuing to believe what you wanted to believe....

I was referring to being analysed for me. As in, a 'complete view' [not that I was even taking my response so seriously when I said that to UAN].

I'm well aware of how most of you analysed me for that incident - I don't think you'll ever let me forget ;).

I apologised for everything I did that night. The only thing I didn't apologise for was how I felt. I shouldn't have to.

Last edited:
i think that i am percieved by others as bossy, opinionated, loud and sometimes maybe a little bit sweet?

that doesnt really make for a nice person does it. hmmmm.

trancegirle said:
Ever been told something about yourself by a close friend or even a stranger you just shoved off with disbelief??

Only to wonder later on if you really ARE like that 8o

Two friendships of mine have ended when I haven't "been there" for them on what they percieved to be an important time. One turned on me because I didn't attend her frikking birthday party of all things. I think at times some of my friends have percieved me to be a lazy or selfish friend. Whereas I personally, just consider myself to like my space and not need to be in someone's pocket all the time... I don't make demands on them either, it works both ways.

I guess I don't do high-maintenance friendships, and that's reflected in my very very small handful of "good friends" and large circle of 'aquaintences'.

That said, when I am snapped out of my bubble and truly touched by someone's predicament, when nothing is *expected* of me, I can the most sincere, thoughtful and compassionate friend you could hope for. And of course, my online SLR personality is the constant embodiment of that side of me... it's where I get to express it the best, actually.

Apart from that I really have absolutely no CLUE how people percieve me. I can only make assumptions.

From conversations I've had at times I think people percieve me to be a lot more openminded and bawdy [okay I'll just say it: slutty] than I actually am; probably because I act this way at parties, but it's "party me". My real friends know "party me" is not the real me. Not even close.

Fuck, I don't know. That's all I got. :)

Last edited:
kytnism said:
...most are jealous...

...but i like it that way...

...boo hoo...

Of what exactly may I ask ?

Just interested..

I dont get teh whole girl thing where you are jealous of your friends, or of anyone really. I never would be I dont think. Everyones got their shit, and who says it doesnt stink worse than mine ? Just because someone has something going on from the outset doesnt mean that have it on the inset. Actually now I think about it, anyone that appeared to me to be really fucking together, even a homeless bum man/woman/child/animal I would be crazily jealous of. But I dont think that I have ever met someone like that.

^ so true. And the older you get, or the more human experiences you have you do start to realise that absolutely everyone has their own insecurities; even the most 'together' people. Sometimes especially the 'together' people ;)

I think it's beautiful to be able to admit you're imperfect.

trancegirle said:
How does the way we percieve ourselves to be differ from how others percieve us?

I don't think I'll ever really know.... It differs from person to person.

I have people tell me that I'm lots of things, it's different every time.

Ever since this thread started, I've been trying to decide how I'm perceived by others and I've basically just ended up in knots.

I think there'd be too many conflicting views. Except I'd like to believe that when people meet me I'm outgoing and willing to get along with people. I tend to get more opinionated and bossy as time goes on ;)

At least my mum says I'm cool :|

<3

smokin' joe said:
I have people tell me that I'm lots of things, it's different every time.
^That's absolutely my opinion, Smokin' Joe - - - we're lots of things to lots of people.
Some personalities bring out different traits and behaviours and emotions in me, and I'm likely to be consistant [I hope] yet different with every mix of people I interact with.

ha. im surprised that something that was written in both sarcasm and jest got a response. this place has gotten so serious lately, its freaky. bummer.

p.s admitting default doesnt make you a good person, its being willing to change that truely makes you regal.

i think about this to much.
it removes me from the moment and leads to paranoia.
not recommend in high doses...

I get told often about how people have perceived me before they get to know me indepth, and I often get comments and questions from people that makes me wonder about how they perceive me.

Most people view me as this outgoing, indpenedent, confident, happy party animal without a care in the world. And when they get to know me, they realise, that although that is a part of my personality and who I am, there are frigtened insecure sad parts as well. I'm just good at saying to myself "ok, its saturday night, theres no point worrying about what happened at work last week with that client, because theres nothing you can do now, let it go and go out and have fun", and I do. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm the kind of person who tries not to let my insecurities, and worries take over my whole life.

I quite often find conversations about me occur when I have a sad moment. Having had a lot of things bother me recently, then a conversation with someone Sat night that brought up shit I didn't want to think about, that all made me upset, and a couple of friends were freaked out and didn't know what to do- having never seen me upset. They always say "I don't know what to do, I've always seen you as this happy outgoing vibrant person, so its really weird seeing you so upset, I don't know what I'm supposed to do" It does make them uncomfortable actually.

I then got that night when I was out, when I ran into a mate I only ever see at the club and at some mutual friends parties, and we were talking about family, and he was like "wow, you get on with your family then? I had this perception because of how independent and outgoing and confident you are you mustn't have family in your life and have had to cope on your own for a long time, like you don't need anybody." The truth is, heck I DO need people.

And recently I had a down on myself moment about how I look to a guy I had been seeing on and off, and was like "what? this is not you. The girl I like is confident and is happy and secure in who she is and thats what I find attractive, where'd this negativity come from?"

People just can't seem to cope when I'm down because they just aren't used to it!

In having said all this, I am much different to what I was many years ago, and this was the person I wanted to try and be many years ago. So I've kinda become that person, and while I do sorta perceive myself as being similar to how others perceive me, they just miss the other element to my personality. Which is kinda what I like though... I won't let you see me upset unless I feel I can trust you, i'd rather you thought of me as that party girl all the time.

Ive been told HEAPS lately that im bubbly and very easy to get along with. Also been a few jokes about how shy i am... NAWT :)
Also that im fulla energy at work and seem to never get exhausted... meh if i only they could see on the inside ;)

*Truth*
m a smart ass who ALWAYS thinks he's right.

That I'm a cheezy cheezy sleeze that cracks on to any chick he can and make them start falling for me then leaves' them alone...

That I'm arrogant...

That I play dumb and if i actually wanted to a could show my smarter self rather than not actually letting them see the real me...

*Hopefully*
That I'm a funny guy doing what I do in everyday stuff alone (Meaning, I don't go out of my way to make people laugh, I'd do all the same stuff even if I was by myself)... And that making people smile actually makes me smile.

That I am a nice person that cares about people, and no matter whether I love them or hate them, I'd still do anything for them if they were in trouble.

Ohhh, And that I really am a god... I will one day rul the world, and we'll call it Fatztralia, with a new type of restaraunt chain *BBQ On The Run*, sausages, steak, lamb chops ALL TAKEAWAY!!!