Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How are you percieved by others?

lady grey

Bluelight Crew
How does the way we percieve ourselves to be differ from how others percieve us?

Ever been told something about yourself by a close friend or even a stranger you just shoved off with disbelief??

Only to wonder later on if you really ARE like that 8o

Yeah, it happens to me all the time :).

I [like to] think I'm a really nice person - mainly, I guess... because of my values. Admittedly [how self-indulgent!], I do have good values and at heart I'm a compassionate person who wants what's best for the world.

In demonstration, however - I can come across as very upfront, opinionated and even rude [although definately fun-loving]!

Conflicting energy is my motto!

Actually, I'd say that the closer you are to me - the more and more you'll see the softer side. Oh fo' shame ;)!

I think we're all possibly the worst judges of our own character. Mainly because we see ourselves for what we know we are on the inside... rather than how we actually present ourselves to the outside world. If only we had a candid camera... we'd probably be mortified [or at least I would :p]. I think we're often oblivious to our many of our negative personality traits.

-------------------

Sometimes enemies have good advice. Sometimes. That's something for you to figure out in your own time though... because sometimes enemies also talk complete shit. And you can always rely on them to exaggerate. Without fail.

I find it hugely fascinating.

Frankly I am surprised I have any friends at all... I couldn't stand me if I knew me :)

But isn't this the reason for the popularity of the "Describe a Bluelighter you met" thread?

Shnouzerpuff said:
I find it hugely fascinating.

Frankly I am surprised I have any friends at all... I couldn't stand me if I knew me :)

Ditto. I'm a huge pain in the arse IMHO :)

You may see yourself as a huge pain in the arse but to others you probably come across as a lovely person to be around
Who knows???
Apparently i talk too much and am very extroverted & well i always thought i was kinda shy & introverted.. weird!

apparantley i'm a Caring Understanding Nurturing Type... or so i keep getting told...

;)

I'm not entirely sure. The people that matter to me tell me i'm lovely, and i'm sure there are people from my past who don't rate me highly at all, if at all (and the feeling is probably mutual ;)). I'm very different now, compared to 5 years ago, hell, compared to 1 year ago.

Funnily enough, i thought that i was pretty open, but i've been told by a few people now that i'm open to a certain extent, but it takes a very long time to know what really makes me tick. I've realised recently that i tend to hold my cards close to my chest, so to speak.

Good thread.

I can vouch for nickyj that he really is a lovely person. More self-confidence is in order there :)

As for myself, well I have no idea how other people see me. I can remember being called stubborn which isn't true I'm just right most of the time. Other than that I do get compliments sometimes and people seem to think that I'm in charge of having fun. That's it.

One thing somebody said to me once and I do try to live by is this:

What other people think of you is none of your business.

Think about it. I can definitely say that remembering it has made me a happier person.

Beatlebot said:
What other people think of you is none of your business.

bah... ;)

"What other people say about you is none of your business... until you find out"

I think each person has a different perception of what and who you are, based on their experiances with you, and other peoples perceptions too.

This is actually covered in the neon genesis movies, but my brain is way too fried right now to bother looking into it.

i get that thing heaps coz im either a kunt or dont talk to ppl

I am percieved (especially by some people around here) as being a heartless bitch when actually they couldn't be more wrong.

I think once you get to know me, you see that I am a very caring, kind person who will do anything for her friends. I value my friends more than anything and always do things like buy them presents if they are down (or for Birthdays!) and am always an ear for them when they need to talk.

I can be a bitch, no one is perfect, but I think that I am more good than evil.

Well my friends call me angry, angry man, so that is somewhat telling :)

I don't know, people probably percieve me as boring and annoying. The fact that I have friends though maybe proves me wrong there.

Because every second word out of my mouth is "hate" people think that I dislike nearly everything. Which is not true. I generally just dislike everything that is a product of this society and humankind.

They all think I am Oscar Wilde incarnate. all of them.

In fact, i'm going to be hosting a "masterclass" TV programme to share my greatness with as many people as possible.

some think i'm crazy others think Im a retard even more think i have had a severe traumatizing experience (like wtf got this from all my gf's almost?)

mah I'll just stop here

electreauxbella said:
I am percieved (especially by some people around here) as being a heartless bitch when actually they couldn't be more wrong.

How convenient that almost every issue thats come up, you and your boy have often been the only two sharing the most outspoken and disgusting views. :|

MoeBro said:
How convenient that almost every issue thats come up, you and your boy have often been the only two sharing the most outspoken and disgusting views. :|

so we share the same views - wow, we must be the worst people in the world :eek:

there are many opinionated people on this forum, yourself included, but have I ever jumped on a hate you bandwagon? get over it.