• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How addictive is kratom?

It is nice to always see it at the store and it is there.

As someone who only uses that and hasn't really other opioids, it has a mild physical addiction and psychological is relative to what you're using it for.

Might have more promising opiod therapeutic benefits due to tolerance being harder to get

It is nice to always see it at the store and it is there.

As someone who only uses that and hasn't really other opioids, it has a mild physical addiction and psychological is relative to what you're using it for.

Might have more promising opiod therapeutic benefits due to tolerance being harder to get

I'm someone who can't use most opoids because of seizures; morphine is pretty much the only "common" opiate I can take safely and luckily my Dr knows about that long history of documented seizures following use of prescribed painkillers. I was able to get 1 week worth of morphine after neck surgery in November and was pretty miserable after that ran out.

I had used kratom for many years prior to this without any significant addiction. I started the regular doses of kratom starting at 8g 3x/day to control my pain and kept to a stick regimen in terms of the time I took each of my doses. Unfortunately, treating kratom like any prescription, taking it on a strict schedule, was what lead me into the first opoid addiction I've had. I'm going on 38 and had only ever been seriously addicted to cocaine before this, but that's almost 15 years behind me, and was so easy to walk away from compared to kratom it is hard to believe.

Long story short, a few months later I'm dosing 20-25g 3x/day. Once I got to the point where my pain really started to subside, I knew it was time to get off of kratom. It's two months later, and though I'm down to 12g in the morning and 18g at night using black seed oil and DXM during the day between doses, I'm still very physically dependent upon it and its been a long struggle to even get this far. Noone should underestimate just how insidious this plant can be. Dont get me wrong, I don't blame the plant for my overuse of it, but noone should underestimate its addictive potential. The restlessness is unfucking believable!

Yeah man. I have been taking tramadol every day for almost 2 years and I am afraid to quit because when I have been without my doses life sucks and I do what I can to have my dose (although I have never led to stealing but I have had to sell things to pay for my pills). I don't know what damage I will be doing to my brain or when it will take to heal it after these 2 years but I am afraid of just thinking about it.

You'll be a lot better off than you think. It's going to be a rough time though but you always are shocked that you're totally fine without that stuff. The depression is quite substantial though until you recover from the withdrawal--I won't lie about that. i don't think that sobriety and using have to be entirely separated categories. Sometimes you can take some time off of a substance and see life in a different viewpoint here and there. Sobriety is interesting. Although I'd prefer not to be.. lol.

Some breaks from opioids or kratom is a wonderful thing. Taking a large amount of opiates brings larger side effects and more apparent depression in my experience. Tolerance raising is inevitable give it time. Also, even with larger doses sometimes when your tolerance won't budge the effects are simply not as beneficial, leaving you with very little options other than shifting to a stronger opiate if you still want to get high. It's just hard to reset your tolerance with something like this considering in comparison marijuana has no notable withdrawal.

Last edited:
ate an obscene amount of gabbies.... like about 150 300mg pills in the past week...

i'm out of em, but have managed to keep myself at 50-60g kratom daily. pretty much cut my daily dose in half but nowhere close enough to kick. might work for some people, but my past gaba abuse has tarnished the silver bullet into just its brass shell...

now if i had a bottle of lyrica instead...

i just need the will power to not push that fuck it button and start doing 10g doses again... i really hate the shit now so i've managed to not do that, i guess its a small victory thus far.

Yeah honestly there's little information on the dosing information for Kratom available out there.

Some people claim every dose higher than 6 g is a headache in a single sitting. (3 teaspoons).

If I became addicted to tramadol, how likely is it that I will become addicted to kratom? (Tramadol is supposedly the safest opioid on the market and with the lowest rate of abuse and dependence)
I don't consider myself to have an addictive personality. I quit nicotine cold turkey 5 years ago pretty easily btw.
Tramadol is not safe can give you seizure mate

dude yes, this exactly.

the strength of it's pull makes no sense for what you're getting out of it.
This thought of yours is mainly cause may be solely thinking about its euphoric component, that is low, but is doing loads of things to your body that you're just not consciously aware of, so your body may generate an "all-system rebound reset" that comes with the physical dependence shit,
I guess that's the point.

Last edited:
I feel as though kratom has taken a lot from me, namely my mind. The negative mental effects of my kratom addiction have been far too numerous to count,
Like what?
I've been using it for 3 years and now I'm in a 10 days t-break, feeling completely normal (well, at the moment I have guayusa, coffee and mucuna in my body, but I feel ... good) and I couldn't tell any negative effects in my mind over time with kratom use (maximum 12 grams a day at one point).

Like what?
I've been using it for 3 years and now I'm in a 10 days t-break, feeling completely normal (well, at the moment I have guayusa, coffee and mucuna in my body, but I feel ... good) and I couldn't tell any negative effects in my mind over time with kratom use (maximum 12 grams a day at one point).
Yea using without withdrawals is definitely more possible with kratom than stronger opioids. If you don't go over board with the dosages that is!

I use Kratom every other day and notice very little if any withdrawal symptoms. I almost always use less than 10g a day
In the past when I’ve gotten addicted to it the withdrawals were mild. Mostly watery eyes, low energy and mild depression. But even then I was using pretty low doses (not sure what they were, I was just using an unmeasured scoop to dose myself.)

Using high doses daily will lead to more serious withdrawal symptoms.

Go to into kratom use knowing that the withdrawal involved from a high dose is horrifyingly difficult. If I was expecting it to be this bad, I might have started reducing my doses sooner and just dealt with extra pain.
70 grams a day is not good, I think when people start escalating dosages they don't havereal conscience about what they are doing, or what?
I was scared of myself when I was using 10-12 grams a day in a compulsive way, I noticed that compulsion and I didn't like it. So that's why I'm in a t-break: in 2 weeks I've used 1.5 gram, so my tolerance should be very low. Waiting for an order, but I will be very cautious and disciplined with the dosing schedule.
We all could have any excuses featured as reasons.. to use kratom, mainly because is actually very salutary for so many things, lowering sugar levels in my case.
But well, I guess that in your case when you saw where that leads.. then you thoght twice! It happent to me also, but thinking on daily dosing, not high dosing.