• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Hospitals that don't discriminate against IV users in Southern CA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbrianna666

Greenlighter
Hey, I've got a couple of gnarly infections going atm and I think I'm finally ready to cave and go check in somewhere. The only problem is that I'm staying in O.C. now, and i don't want to end up somewhere that I'll have to deal with bitchy nurses that take my addiction personally.. I can just imagine a slew of the hospitals down here being chalk full of the kind of people that would take it upon themselves to make my stay as shitty as possible. If I'm being honest my main concern of course is any kind of skimping on pain meds. The hospital that I usually go to (Tarzana hospital, off of balboa and the 101) has a younger doc that has always been chill about making sure that I get what I need. Literally, my first time in there he comes over to me and says "ok, so are you trying to get off of this shit, or should I prescribe a ton of pain meds to keep you well and out of pain?". So, yeah, I'm in Huntington beach to be exact, so of you could share any suggestions/personal experiences it would be greatly appreciated. Thx!✌?????

I'm not in your state but my experience is hospitals generally will treat your infection. Doctors will use their discretion as far as pain meds go. If you're asking which hospitals will give you the drugs you want, we can't answer that.

Moving to NSADD

Oh, no that's not what I meant. I've been in situations where I'm getting a huge abcess lanced- yet they refuse to give me anything to make it even the smallest bit tolerable. I'm easily labelled a "script·seeker", especially when I'm covered in infections. I'm just trying to avoid the places that other posters might be familiar with & know to be that way. Actually, I'm not even looking to get high off of my meds at all, I'm just looking for treatment that is fair. Thank you doll.

At this point - and if you really aren't looking to get high off anything they script you - it really shouldn't matter.
I mean, if you've got a record as a "script seeker", it probably isn't up to different hospitals' discretion anyway, and may just be a matter of protocol as to how you are treated.
If you abcesses from IV drug use, i don't think the ability to shop around for the best 'deal' is really a luxury you have.

Hospitals shouldn't discriminate you - though most drug users may perceive that they do.
Your treatment might be different to someone that doesn't have history as an intravenous drug user, but this as much a medical duty of care as it is "discriminatory".
Staff may make you feel bad for your choices, but i really think this has more to do with individual people - i doubt any hospitals have deliberate policies of not discriminating against drug users - if anything, how you are treated will be the luck of the draw - as professional care policies are unlikely to admit that drug users are commonly discriminated against.

I think you should just seek medical attention as soon as possible.

Last edited:
If you're having medical issues due to your drug use, please do seek medical attention.

Unfortunately I am going to close this as it borders way too close against the rules about discussing specific medical care places, doctors, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.