• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Horizant/gabapentin enacarbil?

DeathRow

Bluelighter
So I just read about this drug called horizant, which is a prodrug of gabapentin.

Apparently it is the solution to the issue of low absorption of regular gabapentin, as it has a higher bioavailability for higher doses (the BA for gabapentin over 300 every 30-60min is very poor).

This drug is time released apparently, but if it is crushed or chewed, the time release gets broken, according to the website for the drug.

My question is this, does anyone have any experience with this drug? How is it recreationally? Can you take it and chew it/crush it so all of it is absorbed at once and still defeat poor absorption? Or is the time release the reason that absorption rate is higher? And if so, can more be taken at once so more is released at a time and achieve a high from it? Or is this drug a total waste with no recreational value?

Let me know, as one of the uses is for restless leg syndrome, and I have complained to my doctor about RLS from antipsychotics before, and already take regular gabapentin anyways so it would be easy to switch with my doctor.

-DeathRow