Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Hoovler’s war on drugs pays off; DA plans to expand it

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Hoovler’s war on drugs pays off; DA plans to expand it

Hoolver: Drug indictments up
GOSHEN – Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler’s attack on drugs in the three cities – Newburgh, Middletown and Port Jervis, has apparently been a comparative success. During the first seven months of the year as compared to the same time frame in 2013, total drug indictments increased by 102.5 percent; total heroin indictments increased by 154 percent; total cocaine indictments increased by 59 percent; and total drug sale indictments increased 200 percent.

While Hoovler will continue his assault on drugs in the cities, he is now going to expand his emphasis.

“I think that the numbers show that our initiative has really taken effect.” Hoovler said. “We have produced a very high rate; I am very happy with that and I think that we have made a difference in the three cities and we are going to be expanding our initiative to the towns as we come this fall.”

In the first seven months of last year, the DA’s office indicted 81 felony narcotics cases – 33 were for drug sales. In the same time period this year, the office indicted 164 felony narcotics cases – 99 were for drug sales.

Three county-wide drug sweeps were held in the first five months of this year.

“Drugs are the root cause of most of the violent ad property crimes in Orange County and this focus on narcotics prosecution will continue,” Hoovler said.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2014/August/14/OCDA_drugs-14Aug14.html

...................................................................................................................................................

What are a larger number of arrests the sign of success in? Why do these people just not get it. Way to go.. success in ruining peoples lives. Hoovler, the drug war is the root of the violence and the ridiculous price of drugs it causes increases the property crimes. Where herion is plentiful it costs .50 cents a gram. Where its is illegal of costs much more and this causes criminal gangs to desire selling it. That causes the violence and the high price causes the addicts to need to steal for it. Wake up idiot.

No "war on drugs" has ever paid off.
It is not possible to declare war on an inanimate object.
They are attacking drug users and sellers, who are actually just people.
Instead of filling the courts and prisons with them, and destroying their families, if they offered rehab and counseling, the people could continue with their lives, and try to contribute to society.
There is no success here - only the perpetuation of an endless nightmare of failure.

What a fucking joke. How the fuck is destroying a bunch of people's lives a majority of which wasn't even for sales considered a victory? Lets not forget that this tiny fraction doesn't put a dent or even a scratch in the number of drug users and dealers in the area. I'm sure Hoovler knows this though.

Congrats on kissing bureaucratic ass and being promoted you regressive piece of shit.

Dealers and users are adapting to your tactics as you pat yourself on the back, and in the end you'll be wondering what went wrong once again. I guess that's what you're good for. Such a productive member of society.