View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Home grown mushroom results/experience!

sailor bugg

Bluelighter
So after 34 days (as my log says) I have gone from a B+ spore syringe, to mycelium, to fruits! Yes, after 34 days of mainly waiting and an OCD like obsession with checking them for signs of anything new I have my first two B+ p. cubenesis mushrooms. they pinned while in the substrate jar so I decided to birth it a bit earlier than I wanted to, but I still managed to get something. Both mushrooms began dropping spores from their cap, so I knew I had to harvest them tonight…. and then naturally to celebrate!

I'm unsure of their weight as my ex has my scale so I'm outta luck on that. Really I have no really concrete idea of the weight of them undried, but they're lighter than I'd expect. Also they bruise extremely dark when broken. Like Wesley Snipes dark, really dark. Looks like dark purple ink stains.

Here's a pic….

this is a great way to celebrate being a week clean off of heroin. Oh and anyone with hydroponics knowledge around here? I want to branch out into doing that (not grow weed or anything. lol, other stuff tho). I have an idea of what I need and how it works, but if anyone has some first hand knowledge, do share :D

~Nick

Nice work. Just hope you get enough fruits to actually have a trip! :)

Unfortunately those were the only ones where the veil was broken and had started dropping spores so I had to pick them. But the effects from just these two little guys is pretty nice. Music sounds awesome, everything has a plastic like surface and is shimmering and very detailed. I can see the layers of smoke clouds in my apartment from my smoke I just had heh. This feels like a great amount for me, nothing too crazy but definatley makes me feel different heh.

EDIT:

Woooow!! I didn't expect these two little guys to pack such a punch!! It feels like the time I took 4 grams of dry mushrooms! Fresh ones are way better and the high creeps up, you just get higher and higher.

Last edited:
Congrats on being clean, and nice job on getting fruits.

EDIT:
Woooow!! I didn't expect these two little guys to pack such a punch!! It feels like the time I took 4 grams of dry mushrooms! Fresh ones are way better and the high creeps up, you just get higher and higher.

Fresh mushrooms are 90% water so you can fairly accurately judge what the dry weight equivalent would be. Did you happen to weigh them?
I agree that fresh mushies are better, a lot better IMO. Fresh mushrooms are, IMO, feel very similar to Ayahuasca...very different from dried.
The most intense mushroom trip I've ever experienced was 100 grams of fresh shrooms and I frapped them in a blender and drank the blue juice.
Blending them up greatly increased the surface area and also allowed it all to hit at once.
I've always thought that grinding my shrooms up, dry or fresh, increased the potency...chitin is indigestible and I believe that dried shrooms don't always have full bioavailability, just my opinion, and grinding them helps their absorbtion.

Last edited:
If you plan on drying them just lay them out on something like wax paper with a fan blowing on them. I could dry mine to nearly complete in 2 or 3 days. Drying them is very important and must be done as soon as possible. I use to love growing mushrooms had it down once ran about 50 pf tek jars at once, took about a full day of pressure cooking if i remember correctly, hard to believe that was 6-8 years ago for me.

Its a great hobby, there is so much you can learn about mushrooms and growing them. If you did the standard small pf tek jars i averaged about 5-7g dry off of each cake total. So that was all 3 fruiting cycles i did on each jar, though i never ran them till they stopped growing because i was afraid of any contamination.

Drying them is super important unless you're eating them right then... in that case eating them fresh is better. But if you're not eating them right away, they will quickly rot if you don't dry them with a fan. I grew mushrooms once many years ago (12 years ago in fact) and it was quite rewarding. :)

Was the mycelium covering the entire jar when you birthed them? I know you said you did it earlier than expected but I'm curious as to what percentage mycelium you had. I'm thinking of birthing mine that is about 80% covered because its been about 4-5 weeks and I haven't seen much, if any, growth in the last 6 days. I want a good harvest but don't want to wait longer than I have to.

Yes, drying them IS extremely important...BUT you could also frap some of them fresh and pour into an ice cube tray and freeze...IF you have sthe freezer room.
Fresh frozen trumps dried every time...IMO.

That's a good idea, I never thought of that.

I believe buggs already eaten the two mushrooms that fruited. I'm waiting to see if any more fruit.

I didn't weight them on a scale but I had something that weighed approx. 10 grams and by comparison the mushrooms felt about the same (def. not heavier) and since they're 90% water, I figured dry they were around 1 gram in weight.

As for the % colonization, I birthed my cakes when they started pinning in vitro. they seemed to be pretty fully colonized tho.

Right now I have 7 growing on another cake and the other 5 cakes have a few pins here and there. All the rest I grow will be dried probably.

That's a good idea, I never thought of that.

Yeah, it's a shame to waste that extra dimension fresh mushrooms have over dried.
Just weigh them when you pick, frap, divide by number of "ice" cubes, and multiply by .1 to get dried weight equivalent...
Of course this .1 conversion only works if you have immediate access to the mushrooms, otherwise you may end up with "fresh" mushies that have lost 30-40% of their water weight and you'd end up with a proportionately larger dose than expected...so be careful.

an improvised and inaccurate scale if weighing in 5 gram increments.

required items:
-----------------
plastic jewelry bag
paperclip
long and very skinny rubber band
piece of tape
several nickles
something to write with

1) stretch the rubber band several times then cut the rubber band making 1 long rubber string.
2) tie one end of rubber band to the paperclip.
3) tape the other end of the rubber band to a smooth vertical surface you can write on. dry erase boards work well.
4) attach the jewelery bag so the paper clip holds the jewelery bag in a consistent manner.
5) with one nickel in the jewelry bag mark the location of the top of the paper clip. this mark indicates 5 grams.
6) with two nickels in the jewelry bag mark the location of the top of the paper clip. this mark indicates 10 grams.
7) with three nickels in the jewelry bag mark the location of the top of the paper clip. this mark indicates 15 grams.
8 ) repeat as necessary.
9) remove the nickels and weigh something

Just checked my fruiting chamber and I have a total of 13 pins on two of my cakes! Also have a few aborts. Hmm still don't know what I'm gonna do with all these mushrooms tho!

Decided to go against getting a hydroponics set up and make a second fruiting chamber! Going to double up on my production and grow grow grow. Probably gonna do most of the first batch, as well as give some to friends.

cool bro. i don't know, what i've been told is if you do something illegal long enough you should assume you will get caught.

i don't know, what i've been told is producing drugs is easy. the challenging thing is realizing when you should stop. if you keep producing drugs long enough you will get caught.

pick a goal. stop when you obtain your goal. avoid gambling recklessly until you lose

cool bro. i don't know, what i've been told is if you do something illegal long enough you should assume you will get caught.

i don't know, what i've been told is producing drugs is easy. the challenging thing is realizing when you should stop. if you keep producing drugs long enough you will get caught.

pick a goal. stop when you obtain your goal. avoid gambling recklessly until you lose
In all reality, how likely is he to get caught growing mushrooms for personal use and giving a few away to close personal friends? The answer is not very likely at all. If you want to play it safe and spend your life wringing your hands in anxiety over what-if scenarios, that's fine. But I don't see anything wrong with this guy growing his own mushrooms for the rest of his life.

In fact, wouldn't advising him to grow his own mushrooms be the epitome of harm reduction? No chance of a misrepresented product, no shady transactions, ect. Sounds like the safest and most responsible way to procure and use psychedelics in my opinion.

I keep to myself mostly and don't have a lot of people that I'm friends with so I'm flying pretty low under the radar. Also I don't have my apartment in my name and all my mail goes to a different address so I tend to be quite hard to find. Mind you the cities police know me pretty well as the cops used to have to come to my old residences all the time and I used to sell for the biggest line in the city and be good friends with the boss. But all that stuff is behind me, I haven't sold in over a year and now that me and my ex aren't together the cops don't have to be called to where we are staying every week.