• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Holy Grail Halcion (triazolam)

blackie123

Greenlighter
From my dentist. I had a root canal and have dental anxiety issues (very real, not a scam). I wasn't looking for triazolam, I figured it would be Xanax. So the protocol was the dr called in a script for 3 pills, one to be taken for a good sleep the night before, two to take an hour before the procedure. These were .25 mg tabs, scored, blue Mylan.( I had taken triazolam back in the early '90's when a friends dad had a script for .5's. I guess when you are young your body tolerates differently because my buddy tattooed me once at that time with a homemade device and I took 1 mg and drank 2 Schlitz ML 40's and was fucked up but survived. Very dumb.)

However, in the interest of science yesterday I took half of the .25 in the afternoon and was hammered ( my benzo tolerance is nil right now). Last night the other half put me to sleep (over norco, granted) till ten this morning. So instead of taking 2 for the procedure I took one and a Valium 10 and saved the third pill for later. Between .25 triazolam, 10 Diaz and nitrous, my anxiety was nil and I was in iPod la la land for 2 hours while they ravaged my tooth.

As for the buzz, definite euphoria, super sedation, slightly hallucinogenic with visual distortion and corner of the eye OEV. Quick come up, 3 hour plateau, lingering sedation. I like it, but it would fry me taken every day. Heavy ass benzo.

So, how many others have had triaz at the dentist? Mine said it is the most commonly used sedation agent in dentistry. Does this account sound similar to anyone else in terms of the night before and the double dose the day of? So many people around here seem to dream of Halcion, but it's so generally unobtainable

Good for you.

That's why we have a blog - or the Trip Reports forum if you write it in proper format.

I used to get triazolam Rxed by the 100s and eventually gave all mine away and asked the doctor for something more useful. I rate it as a mid-grade benzo. Good for forcing sleep, but not much more. Of all benzos, it seems to be the most physically-addictive (withdrawals in as little as 1 week of nightly use) for me, so I think it really only belongs at the Dentist's office for reasons similar to yours.

Not really a "holy grail" if you ask me...

Wow, that combo sounds about right to me! In the U.K we don't get nitrous anymore.

I took some lorazepam & codeine before my impacted wisdom teeth were extracted.

p.s did u have any amnesia dude?

Last edited:
I was recently scripted 2x.25mg triazolam for a dental operation, so I suppose this is a common use for this med. I found .5 of triazolam to be pretty similar to 1-1.5mg of alprazolam. A comparison could be made to midazolam as well, but obvisously .5mg oral Halcion is not as strong as IV Versed, which I have also received for dental surgery.

its the only benzo id like to try tryed vityally all them like midazloam the best

I always thought the HOLY GRAIL of benzos is injectable Midazolam from a hospital..

^ If you enjoy forgetting things in a rush, I suppose...

Well, ok, it is also a little relaxing. But still nothing to dream about.

Jamshyd-would this be rated over or under etizolam?

Way below, but remember that I am biased and particularly enjoy etizolam.

IMO, the "holy grail" for me is what had always been the holy grail of benzos: Rohypnol. This is basically the only benzo that I'd rate as recreational, with Etizolam just below it. But I have yet to try interesting things like Tetrazepam and Loprazolam.

Halcion was good for a while, but the W/D's sucked ass. Best thing in the world for coming down tho!

I always thought the HOLY GRAIL of benzos is injectable Midazolam from a hospital..

So I have heard. Rohypnol is supposed to be the king of oral benzos (although it's somewhat uncommon and lots of others prefer Xanax) but I have heard IV Midazolam, especially if combined with IV Triazolam, is an amazing rush. My friend works at a vet clinic but is too chicken balls to steal me ampoules of midazolam they use daily to sedate dogs and cats.:X

Yea I had IV Midazolam at the hospital for pre-op. It was by far the most euphoric benzo experience of my life and I've done just about every commercially available benzo.

i dont remember my midazolam injection.. i remember getting an injection and then waking up. very odd. but im sure while i was fucked up before the surgery i was having fun.

^ Exactly. I recall hearing a nurse saying "fentanyl?" and a doctor saying "not necessary" and cursing him in my head. Then I remember my perception of things going slow-motion for a couple of seconds, then instantly I was somewhere else. I asked if they'd done the operation and they said yes.

Absolutely nothing recreational about it.

Rohypnol, on the other hand, gives a very nice relaxation and warmth that most other benzos lack.

+1

shame how a few sick people and the media ruined availability of 'roofies' for the rest of us

Fuck the media, I used to chomp roofies all day err day, got called out a few times by people trying to call me a rapist, I quelled their fears by chewing a few up in front of them and jus vibin.

I have been getting 60 x .25mg tablets for the past few months and I've decided to stop taking them altogether as I find it incredibly addictive and has a serious tendency to lead me to redose...

I ended up getting 5 refills on my first rx and the dr wrote me a script when I saw him again the second time... So I ended up grabbing two bottles every month for a few by filling the other one w/o insurance at a different pharmacy. It always started with the two tablets... Then four... Then eight... Then ten... On and on and on...

One night I got my new rx to restoril and I ate 40 .25 tablets of halcion, 10 x 30mg restorils, and drank a liter of Hennessey and still didn't sleep all night. (I have a ridiculous natural tolerance to benzos and probably should have died...)

My point is that halcion has always led me to do a lot of dangerous, risky, stupid shit... And I binge on it worse than methamphetamine...

Tread cautiously

One night I got my new rx to restoril and I ate 40 .25 tablets of halcion, 10 x 30mg restorils, and drank a liter of Hennessey and still didn't sleep all night. (I have a ridiculous natural tolerance to benzos and probably should have died...)

My point is that halcion has always led me to do a lot of dangerous, risky, stupid shit... And I binge on it worse than methamphetamine...

Tread cautiously

sounds very much like me.

ive ate stupidly high amounts of benzos (300+ in a less than 48 hour period and also drank alcohol,which looking back could possibly kill 10 people with no tolerance.

during some binges i was filling my mouth with 20-40 various benzos and necking them back all at once

absolute stupidity on my behalf...im probably lucky to still be here. :|

+1 on flunitrazepam being the holy grail of benzo's. great hypnotic, great half life and just generally nice and clean benzo feeling. i'd pay good money for a psychiatrist to script me this on a semi regular basis... for severe insomnia of course. I recently met someone at a gig in melbourne that had built up a 15 year relationship with a psyc that had finally scripted him hypnodorm.... I've only been fortunate to try it once before then.

never tried etizolam, triazolam, midazolam... and the 2 that Jamshyd mentioned; Tetrazepam and Loprazolam sound interesting... there are so many and i love reading about these exotic compounds