• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hl music thread

i learned to play my first song by ear last week: afi- don't make me ill super simple but catchy and fun. its a big step in my attempt to become somewhat of a musician.

Right on.... Good stuff! I started learning to play the guitar. I had flirted on and off over the years with learning how to play and this time I have really made some progress. I haven't felt like playing since I quit kratom though. It will take a minute. I just don't have the music back in my soul yet.

awesome! i'm learning bass to be in a band with my best mate. stuff like that will really help you in recovery. when i was out of rehab having something to cross addict onto that was also a good emotional release (if you play the right stuff... ) really helped. plus its free if you already got a guitar and i'm guessing you're not rolling in cash right now.

@chinup Definitely... I always get addicted to working out. I also love to read. I just need to make sure my addictions are healthy. The working out was good but my obsessive, superficial approach wasn't. I have to do community service and I really want to help feed homeless people because I think it would be really rewarding. I'm starting to find hobbies. I am also a solid artist, mostly blending and abstract but I have this awesome adult, tatoo coloring book and I whipped up a wicked little psychedelic piece that I am quite proud of.

If yo like the bass and 90's style punk checkout the Suicide Machines.

Last edited:
Here's some tracks I'm loving lately:

Alexander Church – The Space Between

Hannes Bieger feat Francesca Lombardo - A Million Souls

Robbie Akbal & Ay Sarita - Fanaya (Floyd Lavine Remix):

Dave + Sam feat. Mike Dunn - Til The World Blow Up (Mike Dunn BlackBall Classic Soul Extended Mix)

Purple Disco Machine - Emotion

Emmanuel Jal, Nyaruach - Ti Chuong (Auntie Flo Remix)
https://youtu.be/B1ndbKCgETw

Adriatique - Craft [SIAMESE010]
https://youtu.be/4VqYIIqSgIU

@chinup... Check out this band I recommended. The Suicide Machines. A late 90's, raw and rough, Op Ivy esque, pop punk band. I skated to this in my high School punk days. I don't know. Some songs are upbeat, with dark themes and a little cheesy but the album has some dope songs. You might like them. The bass lines really stand out.

This song was on a Tony Hawk game.

This whole album is a winner. One of the best punk albums straight through.

Killin' the bass lines.

The day I take up boxing, this will be my fight intro song..lol

One of my favorite songs by them.

I had to resist listing them all. Just listen. The whole album is a gem.

Last edited:
somni i can't believe i missed your post about the suicide machines, i haven't listened to them in ages!! i am in need of good suggestions today cos my brain is blank and i need the nostalgia of the relative innocence of my youth, i.e. the 90s and early 00s, right now.

cant get enough of this right now:
the decline- showertime in the slammer

straight out of 90s so cal but actually australia in 2011. if you can shed any light on the relationship between the lyrics and name that would be good. i learned to play the bass to this by ear in about 10 mins last night. i'm getting better.