• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hippie flipping on first mushroom experience?

Cheeseman719903

Greenlighter
Hello BL! I have a friend who recently got there hands on a gram of pretty pure MDMA and 2 grams of Psilocybe cubensis. This will be their first time doing mushrooms but the have previous experience with MDMA and are comfortable with its effects. She has heard hippe flipping is a great experience and wanted to try for herself but she wasnt sure how to go about doing it or whether or not to do them separately.
So her question is shall she combine the two or do them both separate? If combine the two then how much should i take and how should i time the doses?
Any answers greatly appreciated,
Peace and Love
Cheeseman

I have been told that she does that usually but has not got shrooms readily available which is her reasoning for wanting to make the most out of the experience.

That one is tricky because my advise would be do the mushrooms alone but I know a desire to get the most out of something can be strong, and often times lead to bad decisions. Mushrooms are extremely unpredictable way more so then MDMA in my experience. I would strongly advise against mixing the two because mushrooms have a psychological component that is not found in other substances, well other then the psychedelic class, I have seen many people have extremely difficult experiences at amounts that would be low for me.

If she is going to do both someone needs to be a sitter and accept that responsibility if things go badly. The combo itself is not fatal and thus any choice to do so or not will not result in a life threatening situation, but that is not to say it wont feel like one to her if it is that bad.

I always advise people to try drugs separately first. That being said, my first mushroom experience was also my first MDMA experience. I took about 90 or 100 milligrams about halfway through the trip and it was an amazing experience. One of my most positive trips ever in fact.

I think she will combine the two, and take the risk. When do you recommend she take them both and how shall she consume the mushrooms?

For orally dosed drugs of this duration (4-6 hrs), like mushrooms and related tryptamines, and the 2c-x drugs, I generally see two dosing schedules for MDMA combinations recommended.

The first is a genuine combination, dosing the psychedelic first and then the MDMA one hour after you take the psychedelic, so the peaks somewhat align but the trip fades just before or at the same time as the MDMA

The second is to dose your MDMA, have your experience and dose the psychedelic 3-4 hours later so you start tripping as you come down, and have your trip within the soft afterglow of the MDMA experience. If you do MDMA too much and feel shite at this point of an MDMA trip then maybe this is less of a good idea

And actually a third option is to take MDMA as the psychedelic peak is over and you're halfway to baseline. Though personally my friends and I find this works much better with longer lasting psychedelics like LSD and mescaline, dosing at 8-9 hours in. Something about coming from such a long and exhausting experience into the MDMA universe is very grounding and refreshing. Whereas I find mushrooms pretty grounding anyway as soon as I come down, but LSD can leave me spacey for a while

The first option is definitely the most intense. I have to say personally I don't recommend trying any drug as part of a combo before trying it alone, especially psychedelics

Last edited: