• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

High Dose Mescaline

Can you compare Mescaline HCl to TMA-X/DOX/2C-X/NBOMes?

I'm more into the Lysergic and Tryptaminic kinds of blisses. But what I really enjoy is a high dose 2C-B rectally, and that one lowdose-Trichocereus-Trip many years ago was quite nice too... :)

I find DOC to feel mescaline-like in a way, or more like the offspring of LSD and mescaline. But mescaline really is unique. It has similarities to 2C-B for sure, mostly in the emotional warmth and velvety body feelings, but mescaline is much more grounded, more emotionally deep, and more subtle. It's hard to quantify the experience for me... visually I don't get a lot except for extreme color saturation and everything appearing indescribably beautiful. it makes me feel very connected to the Earth and my animal nature... I feel extremely physically capable and strong... it gives me an effect that running, for example, is effortless, and I can run a long way with easy strides and barely feel exerted at all. The most dramatic effect is the emotional opening... it does so in a unique and loving way that's just wonderful. It's definitely one of my favorite substances but I wouldn't take it if I was looking to have an extreme psychedelic experience, I'd save that for tryptamines or something like 2C-E, or LSD.

^nice description, your experiences resonate with mine :)

I'd add that at high doses, or at least in combination with LSD, mescaline can be very visual (as I just learned). Probably the most spectacular visual experience of my life, and I have a decent amount of trips under my belt. Trees turned into giant turtles; Jerry Garcia's guitar playing had me turning my head so I could fit all the notes he was playing in my field of vision without a mess of fractals; every time I would look at my ipod, the album artwork would leave an impression on my eyes that remained when I looked away, writ one thousand times larger in the sky; when I would close and then open my eyes, I would see my closed eye visualizations patterned over everything I was looking at.

And as an aside (and not directed at you, Xorkoth), I think the visual side of the psychedelic experience can sometimes be underrated by "serious" psychonauts. Visuals can be powerfully symbolic in the best trips.

I just tried a moderately large amount of San Pedro tea this past week. I took 15oz out of 20oz of tea I brewed a few months back out of 1 very large cactus cutting (4" diameter), 2 smaller 3" diameter cuttings, and a weak 2nd brew of 2 more very large 4" diameter cuttings - overall, it probably came out to just a bit over 3 solid cactus doses. It was a bit too much - I thought I was done coming up and went on a bike ride, only to realize about 10 miles away from home that I had actually just started peaking. I noticed when my entire field of vision started to blur and fractal...and on top of this, from the peak onward I had horrible acid reflux, nearly puking every couple of minutes as I felt a burning in the back of my throat. The entire 18-20 hour trip left me feeling very sick and worn out, though the visuals were absolutely incredible at times, and there was some good, though very difficult, introspection when I wasn't trying to keep myself from puking in public.

Overall, I feel like the trip could've been truly incredible if I had just hung out home or close to home in a field of grass. Also, some odansetron would've probably also made for an excellent trip.

Not sure why mescaline is dosed a little on the low side - perhaps because it's so rare/hard to ingest that very few people ever dose higher. When you think about it Aldous Huxley - a slight, frail man in his 60s who had never tripped before took 400mg and was fine with it. That does suggeset 400mg might be a little on the low side for people used to heavy doses of acid.

Damn it, I still want to try mescaline really bad. I'm not quitting until I do, so it better be some time this year. :)

Damn it, I still want to try mescaline really bad. I'm not quitting until I do, so it better be some time this year. :)
Extractions are easy peasy so if you have a proper space to extract in....then there's no one to blame but yourself!8o;)

Extractions are easy peasy so if you have a proper space to extract in....then there's no one to blame but yourself!8o;)

lol, not for me. I suppose I could look it up and give it a try (hah, ya right), but since I can be quite lazy, I'll most likely end up searching around until I can get it. :)

Whoah now! That's crazy talk! Paying out the ass when you could spend a hundo, spend maybe ten hours extracting(doing mayyyybe two hours of actual work...), and getting grams of mescaline at a time?!? You have truly lived until you've held a half ounce of mescaline in your hand!;) ;) Just think with the childishly easy D-limonene tek you could experience this yourself.

No worries, I never pay full price for anything. ;) not even my food or electronics, haha.

San Pedro Cactus is the way to go, keeping it natural. I have used the cactus several times in fresh form and have had Level 5 + experiences lasting 20-24 hours several times. If you can take a large enough amount without vomiting - it can last between 48-72 hours - no sleep for at least 36 hours, then a few hours sleep and then waking up and it still continues. My last experience lasted 60 hours. No redosing. Just one big dose at the outset. But it is necessary to respect San Pedro as once you start tripping for more than 24 hours straight (peaking between 12-24) you will see reality very very differently. I would not recommend it for beginners. The extreme out of body effects, sweats, visions and extreme energy as well as the extreme alien perception may be way too much for some people to handle. Respect the medicine and intuit your dose (working with small/medium doses at least 10-20 times to get familiar. If you are going to take a high dose and you have no grounding or an insufficient amount of chi - be aware that the body load / energy level can be extreme. You will also need a sitter who can hold the space for you for up to 48-72 hours. Make sure you have lots of weed as well. Doing high doses without weed is madness. Take it easy and respect is the operative word.

Last edited:
San Pedro Cactus is the way to go, keeping it natural. I have used the cactus several times in fresh form and have had Level 5 + experiences lasting 20-24 hours several times. If you can take a large enough amount without vomiting - it can last between 48-72 hours - no sleep for at least 36 hours, then a few hours sleep and then waking up and it still continues. My last experience lasted 60 hours. No redosing. Just one big dose at the outset. But it is necessary to respect San Pedro as once you start tripping for more than 24 hours straight (peaking between 12-24) you will see reality very very differently. I would not recommend it for beginners. The extreme out of body effects, sweats, visions and extreme energy as well as the extreme alien perception may be way too much for some people to handle. Respect the medicine and intuit your dose (working with small/medium doses at least 10-20 times to get familiar. If you are going to take a high dose and you have no grounding or an insufficient amount of chi - be aware that the body load / energy level can be extreme. You will also need a sitter who can hold the space for you for up to 48-72 hours. Make sure you have lots of weed as well. Doing high doses without weed is madness. Take it easy and respect is the operative word.

Cacti are disgusting. Mescaline should be isolated or synthesized. Cacti are not meant to be used as drugs.

^It's a matter of opinion Nexus (although I don't think too many people would disagree that cacti are disgusting!)

For me personally, the process of ingesting the extremely bitter cactus is a valuable ritual, because it forces me to calm myself and be very present in the moment, and to master my own fear-based instinct to run away from this thing that tastes so radically unpleasant. It really sets the tone for the trip, in a positive way if you can believe it. I believe that all of the bitter compounds and the flesh of the cactus have a cleansing and tonic effect on the body. This is really just a belief, I don't have facts to back that up, just observations in how I feel after a cactus trip, and how that compares to when I ingest a purified synthetic psychedelic like a 2C-X or something. I've never taken isolated or synthetic mescaline, that would be a great comparison.

Ultimately nothing is "meant" to be used as drugs, unless you believe in an anthropomorphic creator that went around and decided which things are meant to be used for what purpose. But we do have that option.

He clearly doesn't know how it works. Even at 1.75 grams, yeah it lasted forever and maybe I was peaks by for eight hours.... Some people just don't get that sort of thing though.....

yeah, that seems crazy. my recent high dose trip the peak lasted maybe 6 to 8 hours (still a pretty long time!)

yeah, that seems crazy. my recent high dose trip the peak lasted maybe 6 to 8 hours (still a pretty long time!)
Well just think. The more you take(for most things)the longer it takes to process out. That's why high dose LSD can last up to sixteen hours.

Yeah larger doses result in longer experiences, because it takes more half-lives for the drug to reach an inactive level in your system. Imagine taking 300mg...then in one half-life it would be down to 150, and in another, 75. If you took 1.2 grams, it would be 600 after the first half-life, then 300, then 150, then 75. This would result in a significantly longer experience. Same reason an ibogaine flood dose lasts way longer than a smaller dose, because the dose is really high.

Yeah larger doses result in longer experiences, because it takes more half-lives for the drug to reach an inactive level in your system. Imagine taking 300mg...then in one half-life it would be down to 150, and in another, 75. If you took 1.2 grams, it would be 600 after the first half-life, then 300, then 150, then 75. This would result in a significantly longer experience. Same reason an ibogaine flood dose lasts way longer than a smaller dose, because the dose is really high.
Yeah you said exactly what I wanted to but was to...to type that sorta thing out.

That might apply to the physical effects but not the mental effects. I've never had that effect from a bigger dose - you simply hit a higher peak, come down in the usual period of time, and then have a longer period of physical comedown effects. I think the brain processes psychedelics in a different way to the body.

Hey all jus some input...

I have tried mesc only twice and each was at quite high doses (ie: 750mg and then 850mg)
Other drugs thouroughly experienced before that:
2cb/i/e, mdma, lsd, 25i/c/b-nbome, mxe, ketamine, dmt, 4-aco-dmt.

IMO, mesc is very independant of all of these, its closest comprison leaning close to a well dosed/ratioed combo of 2cb, 2ci and mdma.
It has lsd-like qualities particularly in the visual sense but the headspace is entirely different.
Much more tranquil and calm.

For the doses i listed in comparison to lsd as far as intensity, id say they are (very) roughly quivalent to 400ug lsd.

Idk if this is useful but i felt like sharing since it somewhat addressed the question haha

Last edited: