View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

High Dose Mescaline

relbatnrut

Bluelighter
I've used mescaline HCl at 500mg, and it was a beautiful experience, but it was definitely lacking in intensity compared to LSD or mushrooms (equivalent to maybe 200ug of LSD). Many people report the same online - the keyword being "gentle."

But I think this is just because mescaline is chronically underdosed. This probably stems partially from the myth still commonly circulating that doses over 1 gram are dangerous, and partially from the fact that mescaline is rare and expensive, and people like to stretch out their supply as much as possible. I'm willing to bet that a gram of mescaline could be just as intense as any other psychedelic at high doses (and I plan to test that at some point this summer!).

Has anyone here taken mescaline at doses of a gram or over? Care to share your experience?

Definitely. To me mescaline shines most at doses above 750mgs. I've dosed up to 1,750mgs. It was extremely intense, a ++++ for sure. Higher doses are super visual and can be pretty compareable to medium dose LSD in terms of intensity. At this level there is no ignoring or avoiding the trip. Really enjoyable. Mescaline will always be "calm" and "gentle" though...just apart of its charm. It's pretty cool to know your tripping really hard and going deep but feeling totally at ease about it in all respects. In a way it can facilitate even deeper diving at times.

Oh wow, that is a high dose! I know it's apples and oranges to some degree, but if you had to compare it to a dose of LSD, what would it be? And what is the head trip/visuals like at such high doses? There's very little out there on the internet about this.

Hmm, IDK really. Like you said it's really apples and oranges, but in terms of, say "I'm tripping so hard there is no ignoring!" Sense, the 1,750mg trip was probably in line with 250-350mcgs of LSD. I really find it hard to truly make comparisons because each psychedelic is really so unique. Of course they might have sone shared effects but it's not as straight forward like say opiates...

The mindspace is kinda almost like a mixture of 2c-B, MDMA, a bit of 2c-E, and a bit of LSD. Feelings of absolute connection to everything is felt to a very extreme degree. Time is really dilated. Thoughts flow quickly as do connection but it feels like things are moving in slow motion. Really strong euphoria. The visuals are like a slight tryptamine presence in the sense there would be geometric patterns overplayed on things and flowing geometric shapes in CEVs. The more phenethylamine side to the visuals causes bright flowing colors with those Persian rug sort of over lays. Sort of high sedition feeling to your vision.

Well I've taken mescaline at 500mg too and I agree, the feelings were less than that of LSD for example or mushrooms yet the trip was warm and soothing, even though we tripped out in winter in the open wilderness.

1 gram should be fine. I mean, sure, its not going to be like 500mg but you know that right? Obviously. So... It's going to be more apparent and heavier and for me anyway, I'd be working out my comfort zone between a moderate-normal trip level and above and beyond. All depends as well on where your taking it and who with as to whether that extra 500mg floating through your mind will make any slight difference in real trip intensity.

Can you compare Mescaline HCl to TMA-X/DOX/2C-X/NBOMes?

I'm more into the Lysergic and Tryptaminic kinds of blisses. But what I really enjoy is a high dose 2C-B rectally, and that one lowdose-Trichocereus-Trip many years ago was quite nice too... :)

NBOMes aren't even in the same league as mescaline IMO.

You can definitely tell mescaline and 2C-B are closely related, but mescaline is a much more substantial experience. It's more stimulating, especially during the comeup. I had moments in my mescaline peak that felt similar to those blissful 2C-B peaks, where everything is gooey, melting around you, swirling and drifting lazily without any lysergic sharpness or tryptamine darkness. I would rather do mescaline than 2C-B pretty much every occasion that the duration makes that possible.

I found that high dosing with mescaline [ both xtal and Pedro teas ] was limited to my ability to be able to actually ingest sufficiently high doses - the more I took , the more I retched ; and not just " puking " but full on gut-wrenching spewing until my gut was completely empty of all traces of mescaline . I could taste the mescaline [ again ] as it came back up , so I'm certain I lost a lot of it .... I could only absorb so much , it seemed .

Nevertheless , dosing in stages helped somewhat , but was way easier to take another capsule drinking more disgusting brew . I was able actually ingest a higher dose in the refined crystal form than as a brew , but either way the nausea would become a problem and I was never able to go as deeply as I would like .
I really do like mescaline ; hopefully one day I will discover a way where I am able to ingest and retain enough to experience the magic of high doses ...

Mescaline never gave me stomach troubles like some people speak of. I never even made the cactus into a tea, I'd just skin it, blend it, and chug that bitter ass sludge. I'd get a bit nauseas for awhile but I never puked and it would pass after an hour or two. I have puked from high dose LSD, and high dose mushrooms however.

I found that high dosing with mescaline [ both xtal and Pedro teas ] was limited to my ability to be able to actually ingest sufficiently high doses - the more I took , the more I retched ; and not just " puking " but full on gut-wrenching spewing until my gut was completely empty of all traces of mescaline . I could taste the mescaline [ again ] as it came back up , so I'm certain I lost a lot of it .... I could only absorb so much , it seemed .

Nevertheless , dosing in stages helped somewhat , but was way easier to take another capsule drinking more disgusting brew . I was able actually ingest a higher dose in the refined crystal form than as a brew , but either way the nausea would become a problem and I was never able to go as deeply as I would like .
I really do like mescaline ; hopefully one day I will discover a way where I am able to ingest and retain enough to experience the magic of high doses ...

Try Zofran. It's a 5-ht3 antagonist; 5-ht3 agonism is responsible for much of the nausea/body load that occurs when using psychedelics. So Zofran directly and precisely counteracts that (no peripheral activity or effects).

My plan when taking a gram this weekend:
1. wake up
2. dose + zofran
3. eat my normal breakfast (black bean omelette) 45 minutes or so later

I expect that I might get nauseous, but not enough to throw up, and eating breakfast will kickstart digestion and make sure that every last bit is used (plus I don't like having an empty stomach on psychs).

As long as you take a solid dose of ondanesestron you won't get nauseated at all. Also if I were you, I'd dose the ondanesestron first about 45 mins to an hour before the mescaline.

Honestly I don't think mescaline is under dosed. I've taken doses close to a gram and honestly not found them particularly more enjoyable than around 600mg of the HCl salt. The body high can be a kind of overwhelming and it can be mentally a bit more confusing. Visually it's certainly more interesting, but if I was after intense visuals I wouldn't take mescaline in the first place. What I love about mescaline is it can be simultaneously mentally profound yet lucid. I feel that the lucidity becomes compromised well below doses of a gram.

Doing this tomorrow! I got shorted (850mg :(), so I'm combining it with a couple tabs of LSD, which seems to be almost universally considered a good combo. Will surely report back! :)

LSD and mescaline is amazing! If you add 2C-E and DMT it will be astoundingly brilliant! Have fun!

So this was incredible. The mescaline spoke to me, and it had a great sense of humor. It dominated the trip completely, which was good. The only disconcerting part is that I blacked out for a period of time.

A lot of misinformation in this thread. It occurs to me that most people who think they've taken a gram of mescaline may be mistaken. I've taken a gram of pure mescaline hcl. I know because I made it. Every bit as intense as any dose of LSD. Yes, ANY dose of LSD. Once your ego dissolves, it's all the same regardless of dose. That being said, some people are less sensitive to mescaline, but I would advise treading lightly. High BP, fever and dehydration are real considerations above 1g. It's not a myth. 1g is an appropriate generic value for a maximum SAFE dose.

I know there was speculation that a gram was the maximum safe dose, but that's been disproven for a while now. 850mg didn't give me any negative physical effects except for a bit of nausea. I've never read a report or study that mentions negative physical effects besides normal psychedelic bodyload at any dose.

While I wouldn't call dosing at a gram or more safe, neither would I go as far as to call it unsafe. I'm pretty lucky to not recieve tins of side of effects from most things and this appears similar. Really though if you only have your own experience, you can't really call something unsafe, at least if your trying to be scientific about it. Seriously though, most chemicals that aren't used with much frequency have to be pretty damn toxic to whatever system to be that noticeable. The liver does a pretty fair job at repairing itself. I also think your kind of overthinking it a bit. Like MAOI potentation via secondary alkaloids shouldn't contribute to hepatoxicity because it doesn't actually affect the amount of chemical that needs to be metabolized, nor should it cause the mescaline to metabolize in a way that causes it to suddenly favor creating a more hepatoxic chemical than mescaline. Plus, when you think about it, most other secondary alkaloids in mescaline would have to be fairly potent for it to even be that possible their active under 750mgs. Even at 25% total content for one secondary alkaloid, that's 187.5mgs. A fair amount but it's unlikely IMO that any alkaloid has that high a presence.

I'm all for preaching towards safety and given that their really isn't even much user experience here, I've always been a bit iffy on telling people to dose this way. In any case though I'll always share my experiences and how positive they were because humans have free choice and all that jazz. I'd personally love for it to be put to rest as it's always people saying mescaline is for sure toxic at higher doses while others say it isn't, to bad with all the red tape, it'd be ridiculously hard not to mention ages before the study even began...

Just to be clear, I never said, nor would I ever, that doses higher than a gram were unsafe. Obviously they can be , but what I am trying to get across is that the one gram rule is not a myth and is in fact a good and solid maximum safe dose. Meaning just about anyone could take a gram and be fine (physiologically). As for being scientific, I'll leave that to the scientists. :p

If you're into toxicity data, Mescaline is toxic at 2.5mg/kg, although this value is meaningless to us since we're trying to experience the toxic effects. ;-)

FYI, take or quote anything I write that you want since I usually go back and delete my posts after a few days.

Then you have been poorly informed until now. That's why I'm taking the opportunity to hopefully prevent someone's suffering were they to find this thread and think that a dose greater than one gram is safe. The negative effects of high dose Mescaline are not well documented because legitimate studies have been, for the most part, illegal to undertake or not of much use or practical interest.

However, studies aside everything I write is based on my own personal experience, not something I've read. Be careful of your sources and understand that any one study will have another study to contradict it and someone's personal experience may contradict both studies. Also, keep in mind that any scholarly studies on the subject are not likely to be based on a complete alkaloid extraction, which changes toxicity due to potrntiation by MAOIs, solvent impurities, etc and adds muscle tremors and involuntary contractions to the list of dangers at doses in excess of one gram.

Doses over a gram are physically safe. Obviously the usual "Know your Body. Know your Mind. Know your Substance. Know your Source" rules still apply, but if you're a physically/psychologically healthy person, then a high dose of mescaline should be no different than a high dose of any other psychedelic in terms of safety. Since everyone is different, saying "don't take over a gram of mescaline is no more valid than saying "don't take over 500µg of LSD." Maybe your personal experience tells you you'll freak out, but others might be perfectly fine.