• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

High BP From Kratom and/or Nicotine?

chicken hoagie

Bluelighter
I am normally very healthy and since having gone back to prison a short while ago(about a couple months ago) I had very healthy and normal blood pressure. Yesterday I got a chance to check my BP and it was 144/104 and I couldn't understand why. I took it while standing up and had some pretty vigorous sex about half an hour or more beforehand, but I still thought this was unusually odd. I am taking quite a bit of kratom every day(around 15 grams) and smoking my vape constantly but only at 12mg/ml juice on a basic mod(not a high powered mod). I was taking mirtazapine daily while in prison, and still take it periodically at night to help me sleep, but not every night. could it possibly be a rebound effect from the mirtazapine? Or should I be looking at my nicotine or kratom usage? I guess it sounds like it could be a combination of all things

The nicotine can raise your BP and so can sex. You have to be in a rested state when you take your resting BP.

The nicotine can raise your BP and so can sex. You have to be in a rested state when you take your resting BP.
thats true. perhaps I'm psyching myself out then. although I'd be curious to know what typical blood pressure should be when or right after exercise.