• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hey everyone. Been dealing with anxiety and depression

Dubbydub91

Greenlighter
I've struggled with depression and anxiety for 5+ years now. I was recently prescribed lyrica by my psychiatrist and it seemed to be working a little.....and then I googled. People are loosing there minds about withdrawels from this medicine. I only took mine for about a week and haven't taken one since Thursday. My dr was out of office on Friday.

Is there a bias towards this drug online that I don't know about or are the withdrawals that bad.

I'm sorry to hear of your struggle, has your doctor mentioned any other medications?
I went cold turkey off of Lyrica after a course from my doctor after surgery for 2 months with no problems. However, I was and am still on oxycodone and I've read they affect the same receptors in the brain.

You know what medicine might work that has no history or violent or mental side effects ever, that people have been using a very long time? Weed.

I agree with what you're saying. I just still live at home right now in a state where medical weed isn't even available. Except for a few very specific seizure disorders.

Why would he put you on that ?!?! He should have gave u a SSRI and an anti-anxiety for your problems!!!