• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Heroin withdrawal is "just like having the flu"...right?

DXM indeed could make a game-changer if you dose it high enough. It's not physically dangerous, but it can become a real (therapeutic nevertheless) emotional mental rollercoaster, so be prepared.. and it potentiates opioids, so don't mix them!

Someone on bluelight told me he found it easier to quit heroin than stop smoking cigarettes. Is that true for anyone

Its apples and oranges.
Dope w/d is the worst thing I've ever experienced, not because of the physical pain, I can handle that, I think in most cases most people can halde the physical side of it, its miserable yeah, but its nothing you haven't experienced in life. Its that mental horribleness, it could be the most beautiful sunny day outside with the perfect temperature and a nice breeze and it would look to be like a gray February day. Nothing can give you joy during those first couple of days, NOTHING, I am a veteran, I have seen messed up stuff, I nearly lost a leg due to shrapnel from an IED, I would gladly do another tour in Afghanistan than go through that first month after quitting dope. Its that awful melancholy and just how terrible you feel mentally that makes the dope look so attractive. Frankly, during the days you feel physically sick, I didn't want dope because I had this physical reminder that this junk caused the legs and nose and eyes etc... Once that was gone and you're left with your demons running wild mentally, you just want the dope to stop it.

Cigarettes is different in that while unpleasant, you are functional. HOWEVER, I can CHIP with dope now, I have worked a system that has worked for the last 2 years-ish with me not getting sick and being functional, while getting high 2-4 times a month. If I were to have one cigarette I would be back to square one immediately. That's just me but I know others like that too.

Someone on bluelight told me he found it easier to quit heroin than stop smoking cigarettes. Is that true for anyone

its not for the reason u think, its because cigs are socially acceptable..its the same scenario with ma and caffeine..i stopped using heroin but cannot stay off of caffeine..this doesnt mean caffeine is more addictive than heroin..lol..just different factors at play, legality, etc etc

The physical part, which is the easy part, is probably only marginallu worse than the worst case of the flu with a couple added nasties. The psychological part is the real bitch though. Most of us, deprived of dope or even in moments of a high degree of willpower, can stomach the physicality IME, it's what comes after, the anhedonia, the PAWS, that makes getting off dope so difficult and so prone to spectacularly fucking up your equilibrium.

and that is precisely while I will never touch heroin, as much as I want too.

Here is how you do it. Get off opiates Scott free. First off I'm not a doctor, so before you try this, talk to your doctor first. (Had to say that,lol)
You must obtain the following:
10 klonopin 2mgs.
40 200mg seroquels
20 .1mg clonidine
40 to 800mg gabapentin
20 modafinil (for after the 10 days)

So this is how it works, you sleep for 10 days. You have to put yourself in a sleep coma of sorts. You will wake up here and there thru out this process as long as you follow my directions. Drink plenty of fluids and eat when you wake then immediately take your next dose of meds. Seroquel is a dopamine antagonist and serotonin antagonist and knocks u the fuck out especially when you take klonopin with it. The gabapentin is for rls and helps calm ur nervous system down. Clonidine helps with sweats, and other physiological issues. You will mostly be asleep.

Day 1 to 10 (morning):
Take 1 2mg klonopin
Take 2 200mg seroquels
Take 2 gabapentin 800mgs
Take 1 clonidine

Day 1 to 10 (Evening)
Take 1 2mg klonopin
Take 2 200mg seroquels
Take 2 800mg Gabapentin
Take 1 clonidine

After day 10 of sleeping (REM), with a dopamine antagonist your body will feel close to a 100%. You should cease the klonopin now as it's a benzo and you dont want to go down that road, trust me. Modafinil in the mornings or before work it acts a dopamine reuptake inhibitor and gives you energy, and mental clarity (its classified as a stimulant, but it's different and does not cause any down feelings or withdrawal). Continue to take clonidine and gabapentin as needed, but you should be ok. This shit has worked for me and some of my dumb ass friends.

If the flu consists of restless legs paranoia and anxiety then yeah

Opiate withdrawal is the time it takes your body to learn to make its own happiness and painkiinnng chemicals again. In the interim, you feel pain and misery like never before, plus the flu symptoms*10

Opiate withdrawal is the time it takes your body to learn to make its own happiness and painkiinnng chemicals again. In the interim, you feel pain and misery like never before, plus the flu symptoms*10

But when does your body start making the feel good , happiness, and pain killing chemicals again?
because I freaking went a year just on willpower and no can do man!!

I am trying to get a handle on my Norco " Habit", and As stated above the after party is what really sucks for me.
No energy at all
No motivation at all
the stomach Issues
Sweats cold/Hot
and lack of sleep,
all suck!!
I hope a long tapper helps to get me to a place to jump off, and can handle the rest, till I am comfortable on the other side?? I wanted to write Happy but I am past needing that I will take comfortable!!
the chronic pain is the tumbling block ??

Morpine withdrawal is no joke man. The dehydration component makes it literally dangerous depending on dose to withdraw from without medical assistance. Some people feint and have to be hospitalized with an IV water drip. Oxy can make you sick as a dog but there doesn't seem to be such a dehydraton factor to cutting yourself off cold turkey. This day in age honestly--save your dignity and just switch to suboxone if you're trying to get off heroin. Just. Don't. Do. It. To. Yourself. (heroin withdrawal)

I'd imagine the withdrawals from opiates are FAR worse for IV users versus people who just snort dope instransally.

I think people use the flu comparison just to give an idea how shitty and sick it can feel but of course the symptoms are bot exactly the same even if many of them are comparable.

The physical aspect of opiate withdrawal sucks, but the emotional desolation that happens from a long-term/intense addiction is absolutely awful and is the really difficult part. It feels like everything is horrible forever, it's truly a soul-crushing experience. So no, it's definitely not "just like the flu". It shares some similarities but I would take the flu any time over opiate withdrawal. At least with the flu you just feel terrible physically, have a fever, etc... then it passes and you're fine (unless you're already very weak or really unlucky). You're not trying to convince yourself that you will ever get better, you're not wrestling with the knowledge that you could make it go away, very temporarily. You're not feeling like you despise yourself for putting yourself through this.

They're really very different. Though if you have to tell someone something about why you're in such bad shape, who you don't want to know that you're withdrawing, the flu is your best bet.

Very well said, the flu has Thermaflu,chicken soup,and rest. Withdrawals have “ just One”!! Will help so much :confused:
And yes the lack of energy and positive thinking is a total drag.