• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Heroin use in region at highest level ever

They judge the % of heroin users by people seekin treatment most of the time cuz its too hard to determine that shit by real numbers, there aint no poll of every drug user to ask you feel me.
But that stat will be skewed because treatment is generally expensive and more available to the affluent, and therefore primarily white people.

I guess y'all forgot before Frank Lukas, all the heroin was from that "French Connection" and bein as how racist the mob was and shit I'd say most of that went to white people.
i would have thought that the mob frowned upon selling to whites, feeling that selling to blacks and profiting from them, was a good way to keep the African Americans "in their place".

i would have thought that the mob frowned upon selling to whites, feeling that selling to blacks and profiting from them, was a good way to keep the African Americans "in their place".

Most Sicilian's definitely don't consider themselves as white, so I could see them sellin to whites no problem. Obviously I have no proof of this, but seems like they wouldn't give a shit about sellin to white people, just other Sicilian's and Italian's.

Aw memphis, stop hatin on me cuz you didnt get the DC mod spot.

you try doin some research of your own guy, cuz you askin me for sources on the majority of dope users bein white is like askin for sources on is the sky really blue.

They judge the % of heroin users by people seekin treatment most of the time cuz its too hard to determine that shit by real numbers, there aint no poll of every drug user to ask you feel me.

Heres one example:

And obviously you dont know all that much about this shit cuz you think that just becuz the drugs sold in the hood means thats the folks doin it. The huge majority of drug users in this country is white, it aint no diferent for dope yo. Why you buggin out over this shit like you mad or somethin.

wtf are you talking about? DC mod spot? uh, you got an internet forum mod position, congrats.

wtf would i do the research? its your arguement...

my point is....yeah drugs are sold in the hood....who would get them first black folks in the hood or white folks traveling from the burbs...its not fucking rocket science (although im sure you can do rocket sceince too because your a DC mod) i have seen your post in DITM and they all seem to come off the top of your head with no research or proof at all....not just this post but many others.

htf you gonna tell me to do research on your own arguement? i dont know how old you are or what your level of education is but the fact is none of that matters because this issue is purely common sense. i do understand that the media prolly down plays the heroin being a white issue in america but to go as far as to say the majority of users are white is just ridiculous. its common fucking sense, not to mention the treasure trove of information pointing to the fact that people like nicky barnes, kenneth mcgriff, frank lucas and little melvin out of baltimore all got rich by selling heroin to their own people. they didnt import it and say no to the blacks and wait for rich white folks to come buy it up...i mean to me, its just common sense to assume that for every white boy that came to cop dope in harlem there were 20 other black boys...its just....i cant stress it enough COMMON FUCKING SENSE. i guess common sense doesnt come easy to a wigger out of jersey but in most other areas its just....welll FUCKING COMMON. so continue looking like a fucking moron while bringing up pointless things like DC mod positions because its making you look so good atm.

as someone already said....these stats you speak of for treatment comes from the fact that most poor blacks dont have the money for treatment

also the mob (which controlled most of the H trade in almost every northern city) would not sell to whites because they KNEW it would affect their own people/ area, so it just didnt happen that much.

i wasnt trying to start an internet fight, i was trying to see where you got your info from, and from the looks of it i was right, you dream this shit up and just let it spew onto a computer screen with no sign of proof anywhere....

you try doin some research of your own guy, cuz you askin me for sources on the majority of dope users bein white is like askin for sources on is the sky really blue.

Heres one example:

And obviously you dont know all that much about this shit cuz you think that just becuz the drugs sold in the hood means thats the folks doin it. The huge majority of drug users in this country is white, it aint no diferent for dope yo. Why you buggin out over this shit like you mad or somethin.

obviously not BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT PRODUCED ONE FUCKING SOURCE THAT SUPPORTS YOUR ARGUEMENT.

also the mob (which controlled most of the H trade in almost every northern city) would not sell to whites because they KNEW it would affect their own people/ area, so it just didnt happen that much.

Did you not read any of the shit I put up? Just cuz she ain't put it up don't mean that shit ain't a valid point.

And yo I want to see some stats for that, how you know the mob ain't sell to whites? And back in the day Sicilians and white people like Irish people had their own neighborhoods/parts of neighborhoods, bein as how they hated each other I don't see why a Sicilian would give a fuck if some Irish dude was strung out on dope.

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/drugfact/minorities/index.html

The 2006 National Survey on Drug Use and Health showed that the highest rate of current (past month) illicit drug use was among American Indian/Alaska Natives (13.7%), followed by blacks/African Americans (9.8%), persons reporting two or more races (8.9%), whites (8.5%), Native Hawaiian/other Pacific Islanders (7.5%), and Hispanics (6.9%). The lowest rate of current illicit drug use was among Asians (3.6%).

http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/NHSDA/Ethnic/ethn1007.htm

Given the socioeconomic disparities among racial/ethnic subgroups, it is not surprising that many minority subgroups have a greater prevalence of substance abuse than individuals in the total U.S. population (NIDA, 1994). Living in relatively unhealthful situations, as evidenced by high levels of poverty and illiteracy, substantially increases vulnerability to substance abuse. The prevalence of substance abuse is also generally higher in urban areas than in suburban or rural areas (SAMHSA, 1993, 1995b, 1995c). Minorities, particularly blacks and Hispanics, may have a higher prevalence of substance abuse than other Americans because the minorities are disproportionately concentrated in central cities.

Did you not read any of the shit I put up? Just cuz she ain't put it up don't mean that shit ain't a valid point.

And yo I want to see some stats for that, how you know the mob ain't sell to whites? And back in the day Sicilians and white people like Irish people had their own neighborhoods/parts of neighborhoods, bein as how they hated each other I don't see why a Sicilian would give a fuck if some Irish dude was strung out on dope.

frank lucas got his heroin from the sicilians before he got his own connection

Haha how fuckin classic. These "heroin is invading your neighborhood" stories never get old to me no matter how many I read.

Yeah it's not surprising even if the media likes to run stories about how they're *shocked* that people outside of cities use H/dope even your average straight A students from middle class/upper middle class families. 8)

I grew up in an area that was outside of a major east coast city and H/dope was cheap, strong, and easily available if you hypothetically wanted it. I never used it but I've only used opiates in pill form. Of course you can find H/dope anywhere even hypothetically in the middle of nowhere and rural areas.

I knew people decades ago who would go into the city to cop and friends of mine who are older who were into coke/opiates when they were younger said how it was like that then decades ago in the 60s and 70s.

http://www.ukcia.org/research/cunion/cu20.htm

Not that that's an official government source, but it makes the point. I didn't read the whole page, but seems like it's sayin pretty much what she said. I guess y'all forgot before Frank Lukas, all the heroin was from that "French Connection" and bein as how racist the mob was and shit I'd say most of that went to white people.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/drugs/buyers/socialhistory.html#ixzz1MdWRtZpk

It says spread from black Jazz musicians, to the hipster and Beatniks by the 1950's....mostly which were white.

yea i saw what you put up but that doesnt really mean shit. what it says is that the government started paying attention to it when it came into the white areas...NO ONE KEPT TRACK OF THE BLACK CONSUMPTION OF HEROIN, because im sorry but NO ONE CARED.

the arguement isnt about wether the mafia sold heroin to whites. the aregument is that heroin is used more widely by whites than blacks, which in my opinion is absurd, and i would love to see some articles that point to this fact.

thats saying that blacks, which are reported to be more prone to substance abuse due to a number of factors are less likely to consume heroin than whites who most likely have to travel god knows how far to obtain heroin.

if the arguement was that whites are most likely to abuse prescription pain killers than blacks then i would agree but to say whites use ANY kind of illicit chemical more than blacks is absurd. take it for what its worth, i simply say its absurd and funny anyone would even attempt to argue that

frank lucas got his heroin from the sicilians before he got his own connection

What does that have to do with the mafia not selling to white people? You said that shit like it was fact with no back up when you bitchin at her for the same shit

Dea sources now say blacks control 40% of the heroin traffic
http://books.google.com/books?id=1t...v=onepage&q=mafia heroin white people&f=false

^That's 1978, looks like ol Nicky Barnes and Frank Lukas and them weren't really movin that much cause wasn't that past their hay day?

yea i saw what you put up but that doesnt really mean shit. what it says is that the government started paying attention to it when it came into the white areas...NO ONE KEPT TRACK OF THE BLACK CONSUMPTION OF HEROIN, because im sorry but NO ONE CARED.
Come on yo fuck outta here just cause you racist don't mean no body was payin attention, did you not see the part about the 1940's when it was black people? At least post some facts if you gon be mad she ain't post no facts. I ain't even tryna start a arguement with you you just bein hypocritical as a mufucker

Heres one example:

just realized this was you Lacey, but honestly, c'mon, you honestly think more whites than blacks use heroin? thats fine if you do, i just want to know how you came to that realization.

What does that have to do with the mafia not selling to white people? You said that shit like it was fact with no back up when you bitchin at her for the same shit

http://books.google.com/books?id=1t...v=onepage&q=mafia heroin white people&f=false

^That's 1978, looks like ol Nicky Barnes and Frank Lukas and them weren't really movin that much cause wasn't that past their hay day?

Come on yo fuck outta here just cause you racist don't mean no body was payin attention, did you not see the part about the 1940's when it was black people? At least post some facts if you gon be mad she ain't post no facts. I ain't even tryna start a arguement with you you just bein hypocritical as a mufucker

dude, STFU, this had nothing to do with you. for some reason you felt you had to throw yourself into something you had nothing to do with.

You felt the need to bust up in a thread I started, about fuckin Pittsburgh even, bein a racist hater so fuck outta here you was fine goin back and forth with me when you thought you was winnin, don't be a lil bitch and try to stop now.

You felt the need to bust up in a thread I started, about fuckin Pittsburgh even, bein a racist hater so fuck outta here you was fine goin back and forth with me when you thought you was winnin, don't be a lil bitch and try to stop now.

deal with it.....

%)

It's cool, I'm fine with rollin' up in arguements that ain't mine and winnin em.

%)%)

^Cuz I'm double fuckin cool.

lame arguments are lame.

It is an interesting thing to look at historically.

I would like to see a graph plotting the time periods of:
legal opiates vs when it was made illegal
evaluating addiction rates prior to war, compared to just after (WWI,II Nam + Iraq + Afghanistan)

Man who the fuck cares. No one will ever know the exact amount of dope that's bein consumed or what race is doin it. And to keep it on topic, I seen more dope in the A right now than ever before. Straight fuckin drop. There's way higher demand since the OCs went out.

just realized this was you Lacey, but honestly, c'mon, you honestly think more whites than blacks use heroin? thats fine if you do, i just want to know how you came to that realization.

Becuz WHITES USE MORE HEROIN THAN BLACKS yo!

You want to look at the fuckin percent of heroin users that are white, and that are black, and the percent of white users is higher.

We aint talkin about the percentage of the black population that is heroin users, vs the percentage of the white population. We talkin about the percent of HEROIN USERS, divided up by race. And the highest percent is white folks. This is like standard common knowledge.You actin like i just came up in here talkin some random-ass, absolutely crazy shit that there aint no way of knowing, somethin that is just pulled outa my ass instead of somethin that is common knowledge and has been for a long time.

I posted that shit already. 47% of heroin users are white. 20-somethin percent are black. Theres your facts. Quit actin like the shit I said was on the level of the "obama wasnt born in the US" clowns. I said some legitimate, verifiable shit. Put it to you like this, i aint NEVER heard in my life that there is more black users of D than white users. Not once. But you actin like the shit I said is the other way around , like your whole life you been hearin that black folks is the main consumers of heroin and Im talkin some crazy opposite-day shit.

I get it, you think its crazy, but you crazy for ignorin the shit I posted to verify it and actin like im pullin shit out my ass instead of just quotin facts.

Might be facts that you dont know, but its still facts. Just cuz you never heard em before dont make em untrue yo :\

Anyways....You already PM'ed me about it so if u wanna keep talkin lets do it in there instead of keep messin up the thread about it.

BTW tho, this is a public forum yo. Brix n Stax can post all he want, it aint like he aint allowed to comment on the shit me or U said yo. I seen you do it before in Other Drugs and shit like that, people just talkin about somethin and you see some shit u disagreed with and u jumped in too, thats how a forum works, everybody can post cuz the shits public, it aint like we was in a private conversation that he was eavesdroppin on and puttin in his unwanted 2 cents, hes just respondin to the thread like any of us was so dont be hatin on him just for doin how people do on a message board.