• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Heroin use every other day and withdrawals

At a similar level of use to you, I was beginning to get withdrawals, I was becoming slightly physically addicted. I would have had to use less in order to prevent physical withdrawal symptoms.

What was your duration of use before you began to suffer withdrawals?

IF you use every other day for anything more than 2 weeks then you will begin to feel physical dependency. When I started off I eventually got to every other day, actually took me longer, like 4 or 5 months before that. Was I awfully sick the days I didn't use? No. But there was obviously something going on, I was content to lay in bed all day, often with a hollow, depressed feeling inside. I was becoming physically dependent on Opiates, that is not an issue of mental addiction, its physical dependence. I wish I had realized I could've stopped there and cut my losses, I can't even stress how much I wish that right now.

Don't think there is a chance you can do it every other day, because it'll catch up with you. There is only 2 ways that kind of use goes, you either start using daily and become a full blown addict or you stop using(maybe use less, that is the less likely scenario, though).

Thank you RTrain... it's obvious what route I want to take, I just hope I have the willpower to do so. I know I'm not ready to quit using opiates altogether, but hopefully I can begin to cut back significantly. I know I am only at the beginning of this and that it's not too late for me to get out of this on top (so to speak). Wish me luck.

the psychological is much harder. life is boring.

Well said stray cat.

What was your duration of use before you began to suffer withdrawals?

After a few months of using at the weekends typically, I began to use several days a week for several weeks, thereupon beginning to suffer physical withdrawals after about twenty-four hours of using.

After a few months of using at the weekends typically, I began to use several days a week for several weeks, thereupon beginning to suffer physical withdrawals after about twenty-four hours of using.

Ok so you were using even less frequently than I was. Well that's definitely disheartening... not looking forward to my first bout of withdrawals. Not trying to be a pussy or anything but I'm a bit nervous, I hope I can handle it and resist the urge to use more cause I'm quite worried about becoming fully addicted. Hopefully I end up not actaully having withdrawals at all, that would be nice.

Thank you RTrain... it's obvious what route I want to take, I just hope I have the willpower to do so. I know I'm not ready to quit using opiates altogether, but hopefully I can begin to cut back significantly. I know I am only at the beginning of this and that it's not too late for me to get out of this on top (so to speak). Wish me luck.

Well said stray cat.

Yeah you are definitely at a crucial point. From here on out, the mental addiction aspect just intensifies. However, once you become psychically dependent.. it's a huge hurtle all the sudden in your life. It changes things in a big way because, even if one wants to get sober, they keep using just to avoid being sick. The psychical aspect in combination with the mental addiction (which will just continue to grow) will turn your situation into something very different.

Withdrawals are rough and they get more and more severe the longer you use for. They add a whole new layer to addiction and when you're dope sick, you'll find yourself never feeling more desperate and that leads to you potentially doing things you never thought you'd do to get money.

So you'll not only have to deal with the intense psychological cravings and desire to use... but now you'll have an intense psychical imperative to use, which really does change things. Ask any addict who dabbled/chipped with opiates for a while.. once they finally got dependent and started going through withdrawals without dope.. they're life/addiction changed in a big way.

Mate if you think you can pick gear up and put it down willy nilly, your in the head bruv, I've seen the hardest of men on there knees from gear, I used for 15 years the only way is do it and do it flat out or don't do it at all, I hope you pick the latter before it gets to bad

Personally I've never done black tar I live in England, I used for 15yrs heroin ruined my life, your at the point where you can get out now while you can, the longer you leave it the harder it gets, I was on methadone with gear for years, I'd had enough missing most of my teeth had countless clots from injecting in the groin, in all serious mate fuck it off, if you have to have something roll a joint, I got off gear with buprenophine, I was on 2 Grams a day I went from that to 16mg of buprenophine I was sick as fuck for 4 days, you don't want thus life mate I've lost countless friends been hospitalized so many times my health is awful, I had to stop, please please take it from someone who genuinely knows stay away from it, I started at around 19 my dad and brothers found out chained me to a wall I went back to it tho, it's pure evil, good luck