• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin use and withdrawal

JustAnotherJ

Greenlighter
What length of time must someone use heroin for the physical dependency to develop to the point where they would experience withdrawal. If I've been a heroin addict and have just been clean for awhile and very recently started using again (I'm talking like 3 days) if I get out now would I theoretically miss the physical Withdrawal portion? I can't see it happening within 3-4 days that I would receive full blown physical Withdrawal. I understand mental cravings will absolutely be there, but would the physical dependency already have developed? Honest answrs and opinions only please. I don't need scare tactics to get me off the shit, just honest answers. Thanks all :)

I have been a heavy oxy user for the last 2 years lately it's been upwards at 300 mg a day period recently for economic reasons I switched over to snorting heroin. I bought a small amount and what I thought equated to one dose of 30 mg of oxy I snorted it and 24 hours later I feel as if I never touched drugs at all very strange so I can tell you is one day is past so I'm feeling no withdrawal at all but if it was the case with oxy I would have been climbing the wall after 8 hours

3 days might be enough depending on how much you are using in those three days. Your tolerance will start out very small but you'd be surprised how fast it can ramp up once you've already been addicted.

Still remain very cautious because tolerance can go on unpredictable upward curve when starting to use again after having gotten sober from a lengthy addiction. OD's are common after restarting use, go slow, be safe.