• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin tolerance and maximum daily dose

aunty establishment

Bluelight Crew
Hi all. I have a question about heroin tolerance that spurred from a conversation I overheard on public transport yesterday (they were talking loudly!) The two guys were comparing their daily heroin use and one noted that his habit cost him $1500 a day, while the other said his habit was about $700 a day. From my limited knowledge of heroin prices in Australia, I'm guessing it's about $300 a gram. This means that the guy with the larger habit is injecting 5 grams a day, which seems impossible to me (and counters what I read on erowid).

Is it possible to consume this much heroin daily, or were these guys just dicksizing? Thanks for helping out a curious non-user.

well, obviously i have NO idea if they were dicksizing..i can only speak of myself and others i jhave known that have had wicked habits..i was up to 2 grams a day, a little more than that for a stretch, and others i know slam down damn near a gram per SHOT..sounds crazy, but its true..

its POSSIBLE that your peers are telling the truth..i mean, there are some very WEALTHY druggies out there...celebs, movie stars, rock stars etc etc all are known to have some hardcore habits, $10K a week and up...

ive always wondered about guys liie JERRY GARCIa and ANTHON KIEDIS habits..i mean, they had lots of money, with access to whatever they wanted..lord only knows how bad their habits were..

^^^ Anthony Keitis never had much money when he was a heroin addict. The Red Hot Chili Peppers werent big at all then. Now I hear rumors of Paris Hilton liking the dope.. now theres a person who could have a nasty habit and then some with her capital.

i read a report about switzerland, the heroin matinenance program done by the government there.

no links sorry

but it found most addicts stopped increasing their dose at 2 grams of pure pharm. grade heroin a day, i think

usually peoples' tolerances level off at some point. if you use your dope wisely you can keep your tolerance at a managable level. i've never met anyone doing more than 2g's a day and that's alot. maybe those guys get shitty dope, who knows.

Yes, everything I've seen indicates that 2g of pure is about the maximum. From what I know of the #4 available in Australia, purity is generally pretty good, so my guess is they were dicksizing or I'm out of touch on the cost of gear here (don't want this to be a prices thread though).

habits...

It is more than possible,especially with adulterated heroin. Personally I had a 4g. habit [Colombian,approximately 70% pure].I have known plenty of people here in New York who shot a gram at a time [10 N.Y. bags in a cooker] and junkies usually bang at least 5 or 6 times a day to maintain.

As for "pure" heroin,at a point studies have shown that use leveled off but it is subjective.that talk you heard could be true.

gee whiz, i could only imagine what type of habit someone like PARIS HILTOn could have..she is a millionaire now, and stands to inherit $150 million at age 21...

i read a small BIO on some dude from NEW JERSEY..he had his own million dollar buzness, and got involved with crack cocaine..he said he would go thru thousands of dollars worth of crack per day, and within a few years had spent millions..

guess anything is possible when DOPE=HUGE SUMS OF MONEY come together..

i dunno about tolerance LEVELING off either..it seemed me and the guy i knew shooting a couple grams per day would have loved to buy more, but simply couldnt afford it...as for PURITY, this is such an IFFY topic to me..from all accounts, dope i was slamming and jamming was around 60%, sometimes better, sometimes worse..

leveling off...

Actually there is a point where it levels off...it is just different for each person.

Money+Drug=Potential Bad Scene

I think that most great lovers of drugs should pray not to come into any sizeable money while their using. As that situation has the likely potential to turn into a crazy race between which will run out first--your money or your sanity--and the competition is scary-fierce.

I've noticed that bottoming out by spending every last penny on drugs is a great way to see just how fucked up your relationship with drugs really is. There's nothing worse than instead of spending your last money on that bus ticket to the Catskills to see your grandmother, you get ripped off outside Port Authority and then try to figure out how your gonna get up there (hitch-hike, sneak on a bus {that was the winner}, or jack an old lady) with the most hollow and morose feeling of humiliation imaginable.

Without that safety check, it's quite easy to drive right over the cliff.

Last edited:
I have a better way...

or do what I used to do...In Port Authority just go the respective bus departure gate [not looking scraggly of course] and tell the dispatcher [or driver if there is no dispatcher] some hard luck story...it never failed.

I was never that smooth. I walked around behind the busses in that "bus area," and when the driver was standing by the door taking tickets, I would walk around the back of the bus and get on (that was the old PA configuration)--I haven't been there in years.

Aaah...

Been there, done that. Sadly I still enjoy the scenery of that shithole. I now commute daily. I live in the South Bronx but for the last couple of months I have been staying in Central Jersey as I house hunt [a real drag]. In fact in 4 hours I will be on my way to the city and another day of drudgery...

Maybe you and the wife should think about California...sounds like you would blend right in. But then again, you can take the boy out of the South Bronx...

Tongue said:
well, obviously i have NO idea if they were dicksizing..i can only speak of myself and others i jhave known that have had wicked habits..i was up to 2 grams a day, a little more than that for a stretch, and others i know slam down damn near a gram per SHOT..sounds crazy, but its true..

its POSSIBLE that your peers are telling the truth..i mean, there are some very WEALTHY druggies out there...celebs, movie stars, rock stars etc etc all are known to have some hardcore habits, $10K a week and up...

ive always wondered about guys liie JERRY GARCIa and ANTHON KIEDIS habits..i mean, they had lots of money, with access to whatever they wanted..lord only knows how bad their habits were..

He did say public transportation. 8)

I'd say $1500 a day is excessive. If someone made that much money, they wouldn't be riding public trans., cause the amount to fund that and keep going is very large. That's a millionaires amount in heroin a year alone. Or maybe it was a newfound thing for the last couple of days from a sold car or something?

I don't know anyone that's spending that much a day. Maybe weekly, but they get that back selling.

habits...

It depends on how much you pay etc. but habits can conceivably cost any amount. At its peak mine was roughly 800 bucks a day.

In terms of moving to California I would love it [so would my wife as a matter of fact] but I work union construction and I will not make the same wage anywhere else in the country.

aunty establishment said:
From my limited knowledge of heroin prices in Australia, I'm guessing it's about $300 a gram. This means that the guy with the larger habit is injecting 5 grams a day, which seems impossible to me (and counters what I read on erowid).

Actually its around 400-420 a g in Brisbane and Melbourne. How do these people stay alive 8)???

Hmm ... 1,500 dollars a day?
1,500 x 365 days: 547,500. Half a million on smack.

I doubt it. They were either dicksizing, or they're really huge dealers - but huge dealers usually don't talk about heroin outloud, let alone on public transports.

i just moved to california from jersey, too.
the only thing i DON'T like about california is the dope.