• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin The Beginner's Guide

Why are you trying to cut down the amount of liquid? It's preferable to inject a more diluted solution than a concentrated one, better for your vascular health and contrary to popular belief the amount of water you use has no effect on the high. But to answer you question, we'd really have to know how much dope you're working with.

And you are right, heroin can look just like hcl. No it will not dissolve at all, you would have to add an acid such as citric or ascorbic, and a little heat.

BTW there are rarely any stupid questions when it comes to heroin. Knowledge = safety.

Last edited:
how much does half of a 8th weigh sry I no im silly but new to this ,they called t shirts were I com from how much do they way

Half an eighth (1/16) is 1.75 grams. I've heard this called a "teener" also, but only ever refering to meth or sometimes coke and crack. People sell dope in 1/16's?

Why are you trying to cut down the amount of liquid? It's preferable to inject a more diluted solution than a concentrated one, better for your vascular health and contrary to popular belief the amount of water you use has no effect on the high. But to answer you question, we'd really have to know how much dope you're working with.

And you are right, heroin can look just like hcl. No it will not dissolve at all, you would have to add an acid such as citric or ascorbic, and a little heat.

BTW there are rarely any stupid questions when it comes to heroin. Knowledge = safety.

I'm a long time IV user but I just started using 1mL syringes so I'm capable of using a lot less water. When I started IVing again after like an 8month break I didn't have any proper rigs and was using really large barrels for awhile. Before my break I was using hydro or oxymorphone so I'm not sure how little water heroin needs. I've also heard both sides of that argument, that you're better off using a dilluted solution with more water since it's less harsh on the veins, or you're better off with a less dilluted solution with less water because it'll be easier on the veins to inject less liquid. I don't know which is accurate. I've also gotten pretty bad aches and pains from iving so much water throughout the course of a day. I'm trying to find a good place to order all kinds of nice IV equipment online but am still trying to find a good site.

About the amount, I usually do 2-3 bags a shot. I obviously don't know the purity based on anything but speculation but assuming it's a full 0.1 bag of 100% pure heroin (I wish) how much water is needed?

well guys i tried some more of the dope i got and it turns out its just some bunk ass shit i guess. i mean i have a 50mg oxy tolerance but i had to snort a bag and a half (.15) of this shit to get the "high" and its not even as good to me as an oxy or hydro high. idk but i cant believe i wasted my money on this junk

About the amount, I usually do 2-3 bags a shot. I obviously don't know the purity based on anything but speculation but assuming it's a full 0.1 bag of 100% pure heroin (I wish) how much water is needed?
I see. I personally would use 40 units or at least 30, but it should go into 15-20 units depending on the cut.

This is my first post, and I found this guide very informative. If someone who hasn't bought heroin or opium ever before comes in possession of some how can they know it is real? The stuff smells faintly like cough medicine and is a black tar yet dry kind of goop. I've had little success mixing it with cannabis and am unsure how to go about trying this due to not knowing potency or how much to smoke for a first timer.

This is my first post, and I found this guide very informative. If someone who hasn't bought heroin or opium ever before comes in possession of some how can they know it is real? The stuff smells faintly like cough medicine and is a black tar yet dry kind of goop. I've had little success mixing it with cannabis and am unsure how to go about trying this due to not knowing potency or how much to smoke for a first timer.

There is no way to know short of having a lab on hand and doing a chemical test. The best bet is to take it to somebody experienced and ask them. We don't allow substance ID questions here because it's all speculation. Theres no way for us to know what you have.

And you mentioned mixing it with weed? That's not how you smoke heroin. It needs to be vaporized. You don't apply the flame directly to it or you'll just destroy it. Lacing weed with it is a total waste.

And after you've spent 16 hours in the bathtub with her trying to get a vein, the bath water now red with blood, your tears doing little to dilute the color, she becomes a very ugly bitch indeed.

Ash. <3

ah bathrooms. Love them. Even all bloody.

oh and i always use about 80-90 units , with salted water the more the better, especially when you are adding citric/ascorbic to your shot like we do here. Think of it as buffering , granted when shooting speedballs or coke one tends to want to use a little water as possible for a better rush (bad) but with heroin there is hardly a difference between dissolving in 0,5 ml or 0,9 ml

Half an eighth (1/16) is 1.75 grams. I've heard this called a "teener" also, but only ever refering to meth or sometimes coke and crack. People sell dope in 1/16's?

People sell 1/16ths here 1.75 grams. Half-eights they are known as, or "half a garden" as in a "garden gate". Quarter ounces are known as a "bottle of water".

Scales = josie

Tinfoil = jimmy

it is freebase heroin. Will not dissolve in water without an acid to salt it. We use citric acid, available in 100mg packets from needle exchanges. Vinegar 5% will not break it down. Lemon juice will work but contains or can contain fungus or bacteria.

I started iv'ING 6 months ago, but I've been clean for the last 2 until a couple days ago so my tolerance is low, and I'm cautious. I made a shot earlier, maybe .1, noticed cotton was still dark after 50cc, had to get back to work to stored it in sterile bag. 3 hours later, I went to get another shot and 6 shots later, it's still dark. Used a piece of cotton off swab, thicker then I would norm use. H was pretty good. But I'm super confused.....I don't know if I should throw those shots away....thanks, hope I did this posting thing right....first time.

There is a common belief that trying heroin once will lead to addiction. Heroin is one of the most addictive substances. However, a single dose will not always result in dependency. The National Institute of Health estimates that approximately 23 percent of people who use heroin will become dependent upon the substance. Research has showed that the route of administration influences the level of dependency (Barrio et al., 2011). Although the most common route of administration for this drug is intravenous (IV), heroin can also be administered orally, intramuscularly, subcutaneously, or rectally. Inhalation and intranasal are additional administration routes. The onset of the effects of the drug occurs most quickly when administered intravenously. When heroin is injected directly into the bloodstream, more of the drug is available since it does not go through the process of metabolism. This leads to stronger effects of the substance and possibly a higher level of dependence. Many factors such as genetics, or an individual’s tendency toward impulsivity may increase the risk of developing dependence. Although evidence shows that this myth is not completely true, heroin is a highly addictive substance that can have a major negative effect on several aspects of your life. Before you decide to experiment with this drug, please consider the possible risks and consequences. Trying heroin is ill advised.

No posts in over a year? Do ppl remember this thread exists? Great resource, but couldnt find this via megathreads or stickied links at top of forum. consider making this thread easier to find?

No posts in over a year? Do ppl remember this thread exists? Great resource, but couldnt find this via megathreads or stickied links at top of forum. consider making this thread easier to find?
YES!! Let's get this rolling again! So CA. here, and mainly we have tar in the area. Lately there's a rumor that people are cutting with fentanyl and there have been many more deaths / OD's. I'd like more info on that. Any so CA. / west coasters out there who have heard this?
Has anyone heard about this? :?

Haven't heard anything about the West Coast, but I've heard of some fent-laced or cut dope from Philly lately. It's been making me more cautious about the bags I buy - I've heard that the unstamped ones are the ones to watch out for. I just got some tonight that were fat, unstamped bags. I've got a bit of a tolerance, and I was cautious about using it, but it's pretty darned strong. One bag was sufficient for me (insuffilated, I don't know how to IV. I've had others shoot me up before, but I never learned to do it myself - probably a good thing.)

I like this thread a lot and it's very informative! A few comments: first, I can't believe the poster who said (way back on the first page I believe) that he didn't believe people switched from oxy to heroin due to wanting to save money - that's EXACTLY what happened to me. I was in pain management for a long time due to multiple physical issues: 5 herniated discs in my lower back, crippling migraines, and carpal tunnel syndrome on my right hand that required surgery (had surgery on my back as well.) Due to these issues, I was prescribed Percocets. Eventually they stopped prescribing for me and I bought them on websites or through people I knew, and eventually I realized heroin would be cheaper. The "socially unacceptable" thing held me back for a bit, but I caved. And then I swore I would never use needles, and guess what...I did. However, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've done that, and frankly I was a bit disappointed with the results. I think my expectations were too high, or the stuff just wasn't that great. Guess I should count myself lucky, then. I think snorting it is perfectly fine so I'm willing to stick with that ROA. And it's not something that I obtain too often. I have a job and stuff going on in my life other than drugs, so I'm not a lost cause yet (lol.)

Sorry for rambling. I've got insomnia tonight and I had to get up really early this morning anyway for work so once I realized I couldn't sleep I thought I'd just fuck it and stay up, maybe catch a nap after work, so I've been reading the forums and I just wanted to praise this particular thread for having excellent harm reduction information!

YES!! Let's get this rolling again! So CA. here, and mainly we have tar in the area. Lately there's a rumor that people are cutting with fentanyl and there have been many more deaths / OD's. I'd like more info on that. Any so CA. / west coasters out there who have heard this?
Has anyone heard about this? :?

Fent is everywhere now! considering it is a penny for a dose, that you can sell for $20, It is everywhere. It is killing people, It is getting people into worse WDs than any other opiate/opiod. It is fucked. And considering that you have tar, which often comes from mexico, It would be dumb not to assume that It was fentanyl-containing. Even If you go slow at first- there could be a "hot-spot" in the batch and you could OD taking the same amount of substance, visually. That is why I only get from People I trust, If you have a connect in or around Asia you can get some real good pure diacetylmorph. Other people around The USA have good, pure diacetylmorph - BUT it is becoming increasingly more fent-based out there - ULTIMATELY, fent only last a short time, so you should be able to tell if someone does have definitely only fent in their shit by the effects, assuming you survive the unknown dose.