• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

heroin taper

Greenlighter
ive gone 2 days without heroin im in super bad withdrawls if i have a small fix just to feel better will it put me back in square 1 or will it make this detox easier in other words can a taper my heroin use to get off ?

It won't put you to square 1.

A very small fix may be helpful. The withdrawal will come back, but not as hard.

Be very very very careful here. This is how OD's happen. You need barely 1/10 of what you did 2 days ago. Do not IV.

Best is to ride it out if you can.

That would be a good time to have a 2m.g. suboxone strip. That one strip would probably pull you through the worst. I'm with you. I did it a few months ago. At it's worst I found it to be almost like an old acid trip, I felt that removed. You have to get used to feeling like shit. For me it's the insomnia that is the worst aspect.

ive gone 2 days without heroin im in super bad withdrawls if i have a small fix just to feel better will it put me back in square 1 or will it make this detox easier in other words can a taper my heroin use to get off ?

I know your pain man. :(

I'm not sure exactly how bad it would be to have a small fix, cause honestly you're already doing better than I generally would. I'd usually cave and just get on by about 2 days if it was possible.

I do wanna wish you luck tough. I don't think anyone who hasn't experienced it can really know how hard heroin withdrawal is. :(

physically it won't put you back at square one, but it will draw out your rattle.

psychologically, if i scored while i was rattling then i was done, its a huge thing to build yourself up to try and quit (if that's why you're doing a cluck) and then actually sustain it for more than 24 hours. i never scored on a rattle then carried it on after. if you can get some loperamide, or even codeiene or dhc or something, that doesn't have the same meaning, that may be better for smoothing it out. also benzos or pregabs, but just be careful cos its all horrendously addictive.

Oh man, the first days of H withdrawal are horrid. Its a good feeling when you are over that initial RLS from hell acute phase. Once the dry heaves are done and you are holding down food you know you are on the mend.

I always found this the hardest time. Most of the fear is gone, and you are well enough to take your time and scheme something up (getting money, using secretely if others are involved, etc). And easy to trick yourself into thinking you can use a bit.

Just keep at it. Because really as long as you don't fuck up, you will never have to feel what you just felt again. A cycle I am sure you have been through countless times. And advice I wish I had listened to many times.

I got clean for a few years between 2011-2015. Started using again because I was driving through that area of melbourne every day, started once a week, then every morning as a treat.

The minute you use again you do set yourself back to almost square one. once you're a few years out you will think oh one shot won't hurt. And no, it probably won't. but that one shot turns into one shot every day, then one each morning before work and one when you get home - just coz you can afford it - but then you lose your job, because even though you had enough cash for smack you didn't fix your car and it blew up.

I managed my first detox cold turkey after a hardcore trip at a doof on some NBOMe and had no withdrawals, felt all high on life and turned it all around. 3yrs clean wasn't bad. Now im the best part of 6 months clean but on methadone. tried for years with suboxone and even though i wasn't always in 'wd' i could never sleep properly, or eat properly - felt like shit all the time. preferred to spit my dose and sell my takeaways just to use a point a day instead.
45mg methadone has held me and made me able to live my life normally again - to eat, and sleep without sweating all the fucking time or waking up every 25 minutes.

Good Luck mate. The dragon is a hard beast to vanquish.