Heroin/Opioid MEGA-Thread: Junkies check-in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
georgie - its early days
at first u do find it hard to enjoy anything anymore but the more u force urself to get out and about and push urself into doing things the better u will feel for it
seriously
the longest junk binge ive ever had was 3yrs 5-6x a day, usually homebake/morphine but sometimes heroin/oxy if i was lucky and after i quit i thought id never b happy again

then oneday i got out riding with some clean friends and i realised 'omg i feel happy'

so HANG IN THERE

ilikewater - the same cud apply to u

now wen i said that girls tend to hav deeper-set veins i was talking generally - i know some men with deep-set veins too ftm so bear in mind it was a generalisation

oh and nukka - no im definitely not using (although i experimented snorting a few lines of oxy wen i first went on suboxone to see whether it was BS that u cudnt get high while on it or not.....u can imagine my disappointment at the outcome)....it really is sterile water im 'addicted' to

today i just said to myself 'fuck it' and used my right wing (*stab stab*) and it seemed to register fine and the water went up (and i felt my little placebo rush) but the tracks r so hideous im literally boiling in these sweatshirts (better than ending up having a leg amputation like some ppl i know who slammed down there tho....)
as a competitive aspiring olympic show-jumper, i do not need to fuck up my leg circulation!

Christianne F.

Yikes, that reminds me of that scene in Christianne F where the dude hops over the stall and steals her rig and shoots in his neck in front of the old lady.

^^^^I must see this movie that you've spoken of-"Christianne F". I just wonder if I can find in my area???? (Oregon,USA).

Ilikewater- Time is the only thing that will help buddy. I'm on my 3'rd year of methadone and I know I'm not ready to come off yet because I will go right back to shooting dope and coke. Basically just take it day by day and keep yourself busy, that's the two best pieces of advice I can give you. Peace.

so, I have decided to take a break from dope...it really has done a number on my lungs during this last binge.

My birthday and a vacation is coming up in May, so I am going to stay clean until then, or so I hope.

^^^^I must see this movie that you've spoken of-"Christianne F". I just wonder if I can find in my area???? (Oregon,USA).

I have no idea where to buy it, I just downloaded it via torrent. It's a german film so I think it's the only way. Some scenes are on youtube as well.

edit - the torrent also has english subtitles, as the language is german.

so, I have decided to take a break from dope...it really has done a number on my lungs during this last binge.

My birthday and a vacation is coming up in May, so I am going to stay clean until then, or so I hope.

Best of luck kc!! I know you can stay clean. You've got a lot of love and support in here so use it :)
*hugs* <3

I agree with n3ophy7e, you can do it. It's just for a little while and when the time comes maybe you will realize that being sober is better than any drug.. I've heard it gets better and taking it 'a day at a time' helps : )

Thank you connolly and NW-baltiland for your advice.
I started to shoot suboxone, which I know is not good but it helps a little with the needle addiction part, but definitely doesn't get me high unless it's totally out of my system.
What is this about shooting water?

I started to shoot suboxone, which I know is not good but it helps a little with the needle addiction part, but definitely doesn't get me high unless it's totally out of my system.
What is this about shooting water?

never shoot suboxone as its full of binders and shit and also the naloxone in it will put u in withdrawal - im surprised u havnt bn suffering wds from shooting it! (or hav u bn off all opiates for awhile?)

shooting water is much better for ur veins - but it must b sterile water or even better, saline, if u can get it
i get little vials of sterile water at my local needle exchange
i wud think u shud b able to too

kc - thats excellent to hear (not about ur lungs - i can sympathise, im having trouble with my lungs atm.....ive got a chest infection and keep having mini attacks of asthma.....i dont dare snort anything atm....), about u going straight for awhile
hav u got any plans of action?
if not, PM me and i can suggest some!
plus u must let me know wen ur bday is so we can give u a celebration thread!

CG - has the suboxone helped ur cravings in any way? u can also PM me if u like, as ive bn thru many suboxone detoxes and am now sitting comfortably on 21mg....only 3 months off heroin yet no cravings or withdrawals
i feel ( without trying to sound like a know-it-all) ive got sufficient experience to answer any questions u or anyone else may hav on it
gd on u for giving it a go mate - its hard to adjust to first till u find the right dose IME.....but it disrupts ur life fuckloads less than heroin, and if ur anything like me, itll help with the usual depression u suffer after giving up heroin
much luck

im having trouble affording my subs lately as my horse just had to hav the vet out due to a condition in his legs called mud fever (makes them lame) so he had to hav steroids, plus he needed to b sedated and operated on to hav a chipped tooth that was infected removed
plus i hav a young rottweiler to feed, and 3 horses to feed - one a broodmare, one a sporting horse and one a growing foal (all expensive feed)

im paying more per month than i actually get - pauls helping out as much as he can but were both on benefits
neither of us is ready for a job
my counsellor says im definitely not ready to come off opioid maintenance and im afraid inevitably im going to hav to go on methadone

i fucking hate methadone - it gives me headaches, makes me itchier than most opiates, i cant sleep on it and it makes me sweat like a pig....plus it makes me drowsy and depressed if i take it too often but without the high that comes from most 'drowsy' opiates (i went thru a period of shooting done - 'marsing it' for awhile a couple of yrs back)
fuck i hope i can keep scraping the money up to pay for my treatment

^^The whole nalaxone thing being in Suboxone is just a scare tactic to try and keep people from shooting it. In reality, buprenorphine itself has a higher affinity than nalaxone does so it's really quite pointless to have it in there. So, if you shoot your subs and you aren't dependent on any full-agonists, you won't go into withdrawal. If you shoot your subs and you ARE dependent on a full-agonist (like heroin), then the buprenorphine will put you into precipitated withdrawals, not the naloxone :)

however

Shooting subs is an incredibly stupid idea. It is probably the most dangerous pill out there to shoot, if you miss a shot you are most likely fucked without medical attention. That doesn't mean I wasn't stupid enough to try it a few times, but each time I never noticed any sort of high and I spent the next few days worrying that my arm was going to fall off. Not worth it.

Shooting subs is an incredibly stupid idea. It is probably the most dangerous pill out there to shoot, if you miss a shot you are most likely fucked without medical attention. That doesn't mean I wasn't stupid enough to try it a few times, but each time I never noticed any sort of high and I spent the next few days worrying that my arm was going to fall off. Not worth it.

this is the more important thing i was trying to get across

today i got asked if i wanted to work as a volunteer part-time at the needle exchange since one of the guys there knows me quite well and knows i know a fair bit about harm reduction

my first thought was 'fuck imagine how many freebies i cud come home with!' then i looked down at my arms and i remembered the time i met this ex-dealer whos now going out with my friend at the exchange and he slipped me a gram of meth (which i luckily flushed)

i also remembered how maverick, milly and bolly all depend on me and i just....dont hav the time or the mental space to take on a job, volunteer or non-volunteer atm

speaking of bolly, i cant go to the horse of the yr show sadly - my counsellor at the clinic said as long as i was injecting (even water) she wasnt going to give me takeaways unless mum was going to b there...she said shed hav to meet ange and millie (the chicks going down with me originally) and find out their history with drugs first to b totally confident and then one of them wud hav to dole out the subs to me

so millies going to show bolly - so sad cos its me that bollys built up the relationship with and millies competing on horseback anyway!

oh well, my one consellation is that wen i went to pick up my injecting gear today, i took part in a survey where i had to answer all these questions about my drug use, IV use, whether id had hep B/C, whether id ever bn on the methadone program etc then give 3 blood samples
so i got extra free fits and syringes, a cannabis culture mag and a voucher toward a pack of ciggies or something at the supermarket
made my day

its looking like we really rnt going to b able to afford suboxone for much longer
has anyone here actually come off methadone successfully......and stayed off other opiates while being on it? does it stop post-opiate withdrawal depression in the same way suboxone does? is it true that it lowers ur seizure threshold?
better find out a bit about the shit if im going to hav to end up on it :\

Holy mother of fuck withdrawals suck ass. I hate these hot and cold flashes that im getting right now. I was freezing 10 minutes ago and now im litterally dripping sweat. Gross. The worse is yet to come since im barely 24 hours off yet. Gonna have to get some codeine tomorrow or something.

By the way for anyone here who has tried clonidine can it stop the hot/cold flashes without making you feel like your freezing?

I feel ya man. Get some ebnzos if you dont already. I made it through withdrawal with just multivitamins. The exact day i was starting to feel a lot better and thru the worst, I am finally able to find a kpin connect...I'm saving them for the future in case i'm in withdrawal again.

I feel ya man. Get some ebnzos if you dont already. I made it through withdrawal with just multivitamins. The exact day i was starting to feel a lot better and thru the worst, I am finally able to find a kpin connect...I'm saving them for the future in case i'm in withdrawal again.

I have loads of clonazepam as i have a script for 4-6mg's a day so ya that helps. Ive taken 12mg's today so far and im feeling pretty relaxed. I also have gabapentin which helps quite abit especially since that mixed with the k-pins make ya pretty dopey.

I prefer temazepam to clonazepam for withdrawal purposes though. Valium works well too since it has more muscle relaxant properties then clonazepam.

Too bad benzos do little for the hot and cold flashes :p.

I have no idea where to buy it, I just downloaded it via torrent. It's a german film so I think it's the only way. Some scenes are on youtube as well.

edit - the torrent also has english subtitles, as the language is german.

^^^IF I'm not out of line Georgie, could you tell me what "torrent" you used to download the film?? I'm only familiar with Limewire, and I think(?) that only downloads music? Forgive my ignorance, AND, if this is a rule violation(i.e. asking this question in this forum). Point me in the right direction please??
Your help is greatly appreciated!
If you haven't seen "Union Square Park", a newer Docu-drama about 4 young couples, who while strung out and living on the streets, a cameraman follows them around EVERYWHERE, including to cop, to fix(very graphic!) etc., all the while they are trying hopelessly to get into a rehab/methadone clinic. or whatever. Shows the real struggles of not only the dope game, but the ordeals they all go thru too...especially the couples, when say one of the chicks decides to hook to get their next fix, and her b-friends having to deal with it. Shit like that. Set in NY city, it's very real and up to date!

Peace, and thanks again!

Holy mother of fuck withdrawals suck ass. I hate these hot and cold flashes that im getting right now. I was freezing 10 minutes ago and now im litterally dripping sweat. Gross. The worse is yet to come since im barely 24 hours off yet. Gonna have to get some codeine tomorrow or something.

By the way for anyone here who has tried clonidine can it stop the hot/cold flashes without making you feel like your freezing?

^^^ I personally think that clonidine is a wonderdrug, when it comes to w/d. In fact, I take it on the regular, just for panic episodes, as it's got a very calming effect, even being a blood pressure med. If you have some, I would take them to at least help you out with part of the misery I know you are feeling. However, it can also make you feel really dizzy, and I wouldn't take alot, "just because", ya know? I think it's like 0.1mg 3 x day? Plus, if you are already taking 'pins(clonazapam?), then I'd be even more careful. Hell, with what you have, even some of the detoxes I've been to don't/won't give out that good of meds! In some ways you are lucky.
I realize as well as anyone though, if it's not an opiate(good luck on getting some codiene), it's all just bullshit we feel at times too, but imagine NOT having the relief that you actually do and/or are getting from what little help you have!

Hang in there. It's been over 24hrs now, yes? Every minute seems an hour, but if you are determined, and I sense that you are, you WILL get through this.
Just don;t beat yourself up if you slip, for relief's sake...jump right back on the wagon!
Best wishes !!!!

^^^ I personally think that clonidine is a wonderdrug, when it comes to w/d. In fact, I take it on the regular, just for panic episodes, as it's got a very calming effect, even being a blood pressure med. If you have some, I would take them to at least help you out with part of the misery I know you are feeling. However, it can also make you feel really dizzy, and I wouldn't take alot, "just because", ya know? I think it's like 0.1mg 3 x day? Plus, if you are already taking 'pins(clonazapam?), then I'd be even more careful. Hell, with what you have, even some of the detoxes I've been to don't/won't give out that good of meds! In some ways you are lucky.
I realize as well as anyone though, if it's not an opiate(good luck on getting some codiene), it's all just bullshit we feel at times too, but imagine NOT having the relief that you actually do and/or are getting from what little help you have!

Hang in there. It's been over 24hrs now, yes? Every minute seems an hour, but if you are determined, and I sense that you are, you WILL get through this.
Just don;t beat yourself up if you slip, for relief's sake...jump right back on the wagon!
Best wishes !!!!

Thanks for the advice. I think i'll skip the clonidine (ya i got abuncha pills from a friend ages ago) for now since im not feeling too bad today at all. Im still in a haze from the wack of clonazepam and gabapentin i took last night washed down with a beer. Uhh those alcohol cravings are coming back full force.

Im not trying to stay off im trying to make it till my next script. Which could be as early as saturday or as late as thursday.

Thanks man and ya i guess i am lucky. Im sure no detox is going to hand out 12mg's of clonazepam for someone in opiate withdrawals. Also i live in canada so i can get OTC codeine and do a extraction. But im bipolar so the less agittated i am the better since i get manic alot during withdrawals and self harm sometimes. It's alot easier to go through this when ya have a abunch of benzos and can sit and watch movies and listen to music all day.

I appreaciate the advice. Peace.

has anyone here actually come off methadone successfully......and stayed off other opiates while being on it? does it stop post-opiate withdrawal depression in the same way suboxone does? is it true that it lowers ur seizure threshold?
better find out a bit about the shit if im going to hav to end up on it :\

please please can someone give me some answers about this? theres got to b at least some of u whove bn thru methadone!
id appreciate any info i can get regarding the questions i asked - even if u know someone else whos on/bn on it

id rather the questions b answered here than b referred to a website too btw, as i find it hard to read long, complicated stretches of writing due to my ADHD

paranoid, IME clonidine does not help with hot/cold flashes in the least bit - it just stops ur BP going thru the roof
u shudnt get dizzy if ur going thru wd cos itll most likely just bring ur BP back to normal
however for some ppl it can cause headaches and nausea - im one of those ppl

best thing for the hot/cold flashes that i found during detox was epsom salt baths - that and paracetamol/tylenol/APAP (as it reduces fever)
if u can get paracetamol with codeine OTC in canada, buy some of that - u will find that helps
but try epsom salt baths too - adjusting the temperature accordingly
gd luck mate

ive seen union square - its well-done but i wudnt recommend it if ur fresh off the gear
as christopher said, its graphic

now ill repeat one more time, please someone give me some info on the questions i asked, as its looking more and more each day like its either go on MMT or sell maverick

i was really concerned wen a friend on MMT, todd, said that it lowers seizure threshold and its made him depressed the same way he gets with regular heroin PAWS
i know its hard to get off but i hav an iron will and a faith that my higher power will help me get off the shit
its the other stuff im worried about cos its obviously relevant to me wen im epileptic and weaning off valium

any info/stories wud b appreciated in this thread or by PM
thank u ahead of time

DW alot of opiates most in fact lower the seizure threshold some more then others. I know tramadol, propoxyphene and meperidine/pethidine are the worst offenders by far. But they are sort of atypical opioids.

Heroin and morphine do too but to a much lesser extent. As for methadone i couldnt find out how much it lowers the seizure threshold compared to other opioids. If im not too fucked with a hangover later on i'll try and get some more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.