Heroin/Opioid MEGA-Thread: Junkies check-in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago marked 1 year since I relapsed on heroin after being a few days shy of 18 months away.

I never would have guessed how costly that would turn out to be.

Hey yos.

I haven't check in awhile so I thought I might (also, I stalk Carl, so it seemed appropriate to post where he posted ;) )

I ran out of dope yesterday and was down to only 4 mg of subs with no money to get more until Thursday afternoon. I was in hell.

plz no incriminating talk!

So I should have enough to last me until I get the subs, but I have a DT on Thursday afternoon that I will have to get clean pee for. It's an easy test to switch samples with though, so I am not worried really.

Other than that...I'm going on month 4 of this relapse...this is the longest run I've had in awhile. I was clean 90 days before it. I'm not really seeing an end in sight either :\ though it is not that I don't want to.

Also, Carl, wanted to say congrats on your anniversary...it really warms this junkie's heart to hear about how happy your girl makes you :) <3

Last edited by a moderator:
^I stalk Carl too!!!hehehehehe!

*runs away and hides*

I just love his posts! Can't help it! hehehe =D

^ lol, carl is one of the most loveable BLers, IMO.

He had me from the time awhile back when he told me he LOLed at something I wrote.

Cause I am shallow and like people who think I'm funny :)

hah

kc - on the subject of china white, thats wat we call the purest, fine white powder over here (pretty rare unless u know the gangs)......we also call it fine china
i hav some very fond memories of it and some very awful memories of withdrawaling off it!

my latest news is, since i was having problems with suboxone:
-it wasnt holding me even at the highest dose
-it was so hideously expensive that i was looking at moving my horse from the 400-acre farm hes used to (i was ftm too sick to ride him anyway cos the subs werent holding me) to a 10-acre block
-it was starting to hav side effects on me like bipolar-like mood swings and suicidal ideations

for those reasons i reluctantly switched to methadone, which my counsellor and the doctors and counsellors at the clinic had bn recommending was best for me in the first place
i had shot ridiculous amounts of methadone in the past and found it to b unpleasant, making me particularly nauseous and just making me nod for ages with no rush

once i got past the fact that i was not sposed to b taking methadone to get high i hav found ive bn more stable than ive bn since i relapsed last yr
im currently in the stabilisation period, on a starting dose of 30mg and im back to living my life!
i no longer feel the desire to inject sterile water - its taken that away - and im no longer hanging out having to up my dose constantly

so it tastes disgusting and it comes with a nasty stigma wen it comes to doctors etc but so wat? i no longer feel like a fucked-up junkie and i no longer look at MMT as something to avoid
if u want to stop using and u just cant, and suboxone isnt for u, ffs give methadone a try.....its sure changed my life :)

Heroin addiction

alright ive been off heroin for 4 months now... and i just started drinking again... i was going to NA meetings and ive been catching a whole bunch of shit for it... its driving me fuckin crazy... and i want to kill everyone at meetings now

but other then that im great!

Yeah man i feels you on that like ive been sober for 8 mths and before that had 7 relapses and 1 in impatient rehab its hard and im on suboxone and i still get the urg but y recovery has been fucked up and ima bout to relapse but i have no connection over here i kno its newyork but trust me its hard

kc - on the subject of china white, thats wat we call the purest, fine white powder over here (pretty rare unless u know the gangs)......we also call it fine china
i hav some very fond memories of it and some very awful memories of withdrawaling off it!

my latest news is, since i was having problems with suboxone:
-it wasnt holding me even at the highest dose
-it was so hideously expensive that i was looking at moving my horse from the 400-acre farm hes used to (i was ftm too sick to ride him anyway cos the subs werent holding me) to a 10-acre block
-it was starting to hav side effects on me like bipolar-like mood swings and suicidal ideations

for those reasons i reluctantly switched to methadone, which my counsellor and the doctors and counsellors at the clinic had bn recommending was best for me in the first place
i had shot ridiculous amounts of methadone in the past and found it to b unpleasant, making me particularly nauseous and just making me nod for ages with no rush

once i got past the fact that i was not sposed to b taking methadone to get high i hav found ive bn more stable than ive bn since i relapsed last yr
im currently in the stabilisation period, on a starting dose of 30mg and im back to living my life!
i no longer feel the desire to inject sterile water - its taken that away - and im no longer hanging out having to up my dose constantly

so it tastes disgusting and it comes with a nasty stigma wen it comes to doctors etc but so wat? i no longer feel like a fucked-up junkie and i no longer look at MMT as something to avoid
if u want to stop using and u just cant, and suboxone isnt for u, ffs give methadone a try.....its sure changed my life :)

DW are you on methadone management right now? I didn't know you really had an opiate problem.

As for me... checking in. I made it about 60 hours cold turkey off heroin and was finally starting to feel better but then somebody called me, asking me to score for them, and offered me a bit for free. I just couldn't resist. Anyway I told him I am trying to stay clean and never to call me again and he respected my wishes.

I know just doing a little bit isn't going to reset my withdrawals but it will ensure another 24-48 hour period of misery, anxiety, and depression. Gah I'm so weak I should've just told him no :( :! But I secretly wanted it myself and it was pretty much free. Ugh. I really need to throw my phone into a fucking river or something and lock myself in my room.

DW are you on methadone management right now? I didn't know you really had an opiate problem.

opiates rnt my primary DOC - thats methamphetamine - but ive bn an opiate addict (opiate of choice being heroin although ive used morphine, oxy, street methadone, codeine, pod tea and homebake extensively too) off and on for the past 4-5 yrs

no thats not a long time compared to some junkies, it was more the frequency of my relapsing that led the detox nurses and my counsellors to suggest opioid maintenance

its my third day of MMT so im still stabilising but alls going well so far :)

I've never posted in here before because I've been clean for almost 15 months so haven't wanted to bother you all but I've been having a harder time normal these past few days dealing with the cravings from H...

My story (will try to keep it short): I've been a meth/coke user for a bit less than 6 years-- I had been using for about four years when I tried H. My best friend is a long term heroin addict and I had always wanted to try it but he would never let me try any of his stuff/talk to any of his dealers because he didn't want me to become an addict. I started dating one of his friends who was also a user and smoked black tar with him for the first time, fell completely in love with the drug and stopped using meth because to me the heroin high is so much better.... I broke up with him and started dating another guy who was also an occasional heroin user (how people use heroin occasionally I do not get at all). At that point I was using everyday and and he was didn't mind, was actually slightly supportive of it becasue it made me easy for him to control, we dated for about a year and he was physically, emmotionally, and sexually abusive, but the heroin made me so out of it, sad, and I felt like shit about myself I just kept letting it happen and thinking things would change.

Meth has always made me function better as a human being in the beginning of my relapses and then fucked me over in the end, but not in the way heroin did... I failed all my classes, couldn't hold down a job, never paid my bills or had any money for anything, my parents spotted it super fast because my half brother is an almost 15 years heroin addict... I was completely unfunctional, and stealing from my parents and shoplifitng all the time. My moment of clarity was after stealing my father's credit card to purchase a plane ticket to LA (dry spell in SF) he met me at the aiport coming back. He was talking to a customs office and came over to tell me that if I didn't give him the drugs he would turn me into the police. I sort of nodded like "okay you have me" but I was not going to give that H up for anything so when he turned away for a second I sprinted and ran the fuck out of there, but when I turned around I realized he hadn't even walked out of the terminal to come get me.

I tried to detox and failed, me and my roommate were about to get kicked out of our apartment and become homeless, no one in my family would speak to me, I had no job no money wasn't in class. So I decided enough was enough and tried to detox. Failed miserably and my boyfriend dumped me during the first go. I kept trying and failing, wanted to kill myself and felt like my life was compeltely hopeless and unfixable. When I really knew that we were going to become homeless in the next week I gave up and came to my parents for help. They paid for rehab and I REALLY wanted to get off the drug and so I worked hard and dealt with my shit in rehab, got out, and haven't relapsed since.

I have intense cravings for the drug but what's always held me back is that I won't go to the streets to score H I'm too scared and I lost all my old connects. But a connect has come up, if I were to pusue it, and now I can't stop thinking about getting high again, the last few days it's all that crosses my mind and I'm really scared of going that path again, but these cravings are so intense I can't handle it anymore...

kratom for methadone wd

Well, hey there fellow opi-heads....

I had to sign in to add to this thread.

I'm so addicted that I went through detox, and came out looking for drugs. Now I'm using Kratom to control my jones a lil.

Last night, I dreamed I found a beautiful bag (about the size of a 5 lb bad of flour), and the bag was all sparklie and ecorated. I was trying to hide it under my clothes so no one could see it, but it was too heavy.

When I opened it, thinking it was drugs, it was shit.

Think on that dream for a while.

Hello, I'mnot DAve, but I'm a fuckin junkie.

In response to this I am currently being foreced to detox off methadone due a financial struggle, the detox is actually labeled "financial detox" and now the problem with this is, instead of doing 1mg a day or every other day i am forced to drop 10mgs a day! I was at 95 mgs for 8 months and am currently at 65mgs today. I will have some kratom shortly and hopefully in time to help with my methadone wd's but i wanted to ask how much kratom helped and if i will need more then 4 oz? or if i should get some other things as well, i do also have a prescription for kolonpins (1mg) 4x daily, and am only eating 3 a day to save up for once i get down to 15mgs or lower of my methadone detox. If anyone has any suggestions on how i can better prepare, i know i cant be fully prepared obviously but it cant hurt to take some precautions as i do truley want this to be the last wd i ever have and not have one relapse after taking my last dose of methadone. If you feel you have some helpfull insite or information please reach me on pidgin/aim at Hit A Blunt 420 or send me a msg on here.

Your plan sounds pretty good. The 10mg/day drop is brutal but its better than nothing. I have heard of people getting just straight up cut off their methadone program, regular dose one day, nothing the next.

thanks im just reading tho and gettin mad scared everyones saying worse wds they ever had is methadone, i had a feeling thatd be true, ive done H wds, oxy wds, and suboxon wds, but ive been sober on methadone the longest and i dont wanna fuck this up so im trying to be as prepared as i can be even though its pretty much impossible

Hey yos.

I haven't check in awhile so I thought I might (also, I stalk Carl, so it seemed appropriate to post where he posted ;) )

I ran out of dope yesterday and was down to only 4 mg of subs with no money to get more until Thursday afternoon. I was in hell.

plz no incriminating talk!

So I should have enough to last me until I get the subs, but I have a DT on Thursday afternoon that I will have to get clean pee for. It's an easy test to switch samples with though, so I am not worried really.

Other than that...I'm going on month 4 of this relapse...this is the longest run I've had in awhile. I was clean 90 days before it. I'm not really seeing an end in sight either :\ though it is not that I don't want to.

Also, Carl, wanted to say congrats on your anniversary...it really warms this junkie's heart to hear about how happy your girl makes you :) <3

^I stalk Carl too!!!hehehehehe!

*runs away and hides*

I just love his posts! Can't help it! hehehe =D

Haha thanks you two! <3 :D :eek: <-- They need a better embarassed face, one with just red cheeks. :)

How's things been going for both of you lately? Anything exciting on the horizon? I think you were going on vacation eventually right KC? Ever able to get your sub script? I don't know where I'd be without suboxone.

I'm doin' alright, kind of tempted now and then, so I just try and focus on the reasons to stay clean. My class was cancelled tonight and it seemed like an alright idea to go pickup, but my girls coming over tomorrow morning, which marks 1 year since we had our first date. <3 =D Didn't want to be out of it tomorrow, so definitely not getting anything.

I had never dated anyone more than 6 weeks and this girl was engaged when I first met her, so to actually be at this point feels really amazing! :D

^ lol, carl is one of the most loveable BLers, IMO.

He had me from the time awhile back when he told me he LOLed at something I wrote.

Cause I am shallow and like people who think I'm funny :)

hah

Haha, I actually remember that. I was looking for that post a couple weeks ago actually, just couldn't remember where it was. I thought it was on this thread, but reading all my old posts made me kind of sad.

^Hey carl! Glad to hear you are doing better! :)

I've been "alright" I guess. I'm not using...so i guess that counts as "ok" but i've been going through an absolutely UNBEARABLE depression. I'm still on suboxone and my doctor is a fucking asshole that always picks on me in front of everybody during group therapy. Even the other patients agree with me that he singles me out. He's a fucking prick!

Since getting sober and losing my apartment,money,car and pretty much everything i've been stuck living at my parents house...and when I say STUCK i mean LITERALLYI dont have a car anymore.I'm stuck here in the house constantly...none of my "old friends" come around to hang out or get me out of the house to even just hang out so basically i have no friends...i'm SOOO fucking lonley its ridiculous.I can't find a job and it makes it even harder without a car.I have the nitemares every night about relapsing.I nearly caved today but i had no way to my dealers house so it didn't happen. my parents are clueless about addiction and just dont have a clue about what i'm going through.it's really rough....and i'm really close to giving up.hell, i had more of life when i was a junkie than I do now...and thats sad.i just don't know how to change my life...its nearly impossible. i'm desperate for a change....or i'm just gonna slip back into my old habits. :(

i'm frightened of the local methadone clinic cuz when i went there last summer (during my first day of WD), i started puking and had a seizure and was taken to the ER in an ambulance.

that was a shitty-ass day.

that was when i was IV'ing H everyday hardcore..... now i'm dependent on codeine after i can't get DHC anymore.
i'm no longer getting crazy high/low and nodding off whenever i use. it's more of a personal comfort level for my opiate addiction.

i know i can't continue to do this forever..... i need some advice.
i really have serious issues committing to a maintenance program.... i dunno why. maybe, the same reason why i've never wanted to apply for social security/disability.

Since getting sober and losing my apartment,money,car and pretty much everything i've been stuck living at my parents house...and when I say STUCK i mean LITERALLYI dont have a car anymore.I'm stuck here in the house constantly...none of my "old friends" come around to hang out or get me out of the house to even just hang out so basically i have no friends...i'm SOOO fucking lonley its ridiculous.I can't find a job and it makes it even harder without a car.I have the nitemares every night about relapsing.I nearly caved today but i had no way to my dealers house so it didn't happen. my parents are clueless about addiction and just dont have a clue about what i'm going through.it's really rough....and i'm really close to giving up.hell, i had more of life when i was a junkie than I do now...and thats sad.i just don't know how to change my life...its nearly impossible. i'm desperate for a change....or i'm just gonna slip back into my old habits. :(

Wow, you literally summed up my life at the moment with that post. I am literally in the same exact situation as you, except that I already caved in and am chipping weekly now. I fucked everything up as well in terms of apartment, car, money, friends, and now am back here living at my parents house. Stuck is a good way of putting it. I barely get out of the house, except to go to school twice a week and cannot find a job for the life of me. None of my old friends come around either, and when you said that you had more of a life before being a strung out junkie than now, you hit the nail on the head. For me, just being a heroin addict kept me occupied and gave me something to do everyday. I know, its sad and pathetic. After I got clean, life was just so empty and lonely and meaningless that I just couldn't take it anymore and recently started chipping again. We'll see how this turns out. Just don't give up like me, stick with it miss hollywood:)

Last edited:
^Hey carl! Glad to hear you are doing better! :)

I've been "alright" I guess. I'm not using...so i guess that counts as "ok" but i've been going through an absolutely UNBEARABLE depression. I'm still on suboxone and my doctor is a fucking asshole that always picks on me in front of everybody during group therapy. Even the other patients agree with me that he singles me out. He's a fucking prick!

Yeah this sums up how I feel too. Luckily I haven't lost my car/apt yet... and when I say "luckily" I mean it in the most literal sense of the word. It is pure dumb luck that I am not in the position of having to live with one of my parents. What part of the world do you call home Miss Hollywood?

Goddamnit this is the mmost DEPRESSING thread i've ever read!
I guess it makes plenty of sense being that this is TDS.......
whoops my bad, no offense guys....

wat id like to say that i always suggest to those who feel their lives r meaningless without heroin/watever opiate u use....GET A HOBBY

i know its hard wen ur depressed but just forcing urself to get out of bed and do something evryday that has meaning and u know u will enjoy once u get started, helps

of course ur depressed - ur suffering from PAWS, ur endorphin levels r low, low, low

heres wat ill share as far as my recoverys gone - being honest - since ive left detox
SHIT
i was on suboxone and it was not working, as ive said - i had to up my dose weekly.....even the highest doses werent holding me
and some side effects of suboxone r mood swings, nausea and depression.....esp in ppl with conditions like ADHD/bipolar/other problems to do with dopamine

for months i spent my days in bed, huddled up, crying....often sleeping......didnt want to see my friends or my horse, i was losing weight like nothing else and barely came on BL towards the end
it got so bad i was suicidal and starting to think about starting to self-harm (ive never done this before)
i constantly injected sterile water and still hav horrendous track marks up my arms, legs and even on my feet and hands
and half the time i was in withdrawal cos suboxone didnt hold me

but i still forced myself evryday to go for a walk thru the park with my bf (now fiance - he popped the question today!), my mums elderly pitbullX and my adolescent rottweiler, after dosing on my subs
evry time id come back from being hauled by that rottweiler, therefore moving at a fast pace and getting my heart pumping and muscles working, id come home, feeling better (until the next day)
i was too dopesick to ride sadly, cos if id bn able to id hav forced myself to ride maverick (my horse) - that really is a worthwhile hobby

now im on methadone im starting to feel well - i rode today and evryday since i took my first dose i hav bn up and about!
im still a litttle dopesick but as anyone on MMT will know (or maybe thats the policy just over here) theyre not allowed to start u at any higher than 40mg during the first 4 days (stabilisation period)
as im on a relatively high dose of valium for my weight, even with the high dose of suboxone id swapped to methadone from, i was only given 30mg in case of overdose, esp as its easter and no doctors were around for the 4th day at the clinic

im not so dopesick its ruining my life - its mainly during the night i start to get the ache in my back and legs and by the time i arrive at the clinic my nose and eyes r runny and im yawning with huge pupils

the main thing im trying to say is force urself to get out there and do something whether u like it or not and b aware that suboxone (if ur on it) has those side effects in some ppl, therefore making it unsuitable for many ppl

i wud never go on subs for maintenance again - detox yes, maintenance, no
methadone may b more hellish to come off but it makes me feel more stable
but then our bodies all work diffrently i guess so im not out to say blame it all on the subs!

choose hobbies that help create endorphins naturally - for me, thats playing with and walking my big puppy (and walking the old pittie), i also enjoy playing guitar (and singing along creates endorphins!), going hunting (although my cousin has my guns at the family hunting lodge 4hrs away atm!), and of course spending time with maverick just brushing him, cuddling him and riding him

also, if u hav a partner, sex helps create endorphins
if u dont hav a partner we all hav hands..... ;)

anyway....just some suggestions
gd luck to u all - and ur doing well, many of u, u shud b proud of urselves

carl- wen u read back over ur old posts rather than being depressed by them, try to think wat i think 'look how far ive come'
u deserve a pat on the back

I've never posted in here before because I've been clean for almost 15 months so haven't wanted to bother you all but I've been having a harder time normal these past few days dealing with the cravings from H...

My story (will try to keep it short): I've been a meth/coke user for a bit less than 6 years-- I had been using for about four years when I tried H. My best friend is a long term heroin addict and I had always wanted to try it but he would never let me try any of his stuff/talk to any of his dealers because he didn't want me to become an addict. I started dating one of his friends who was also a user and smoked black tar with him for the first time, fell completely in love with the drug and stopped using meth because to me the heroin high is so much better.... I broke up with him and started dating another guy who was also an occasional heroin user (how people use heroin occasionally I do not get at all). At that point I was using everyday and and he was didn't mind, was actually slightly supportive of it becasue it made me easy for him to control, we dated for about a year and he was physically, emmotionally, and sexually abusive, but the heroin made me so out of it, sad, and I felt like shit about myself I just kept letting it happen and thinking things would change.

Meth has always made me function better as a human being in the beginning of my relapses and then fucked me over in the end, but not in the way heroin did... I failed all my classes, couldn't hold down a job, never paid my bills or had any money for anything, my parents spotted it super fast because my half brother is an almost 15 years heroin addict... I was completely unfunctional, and stealing from my parents and shoplifitng all the time. My moment of clarity was after stealing my father's credit card to purchase a plane ticket to LA (dry spell in SF) he met me at the aiport coming back. He was talking to a customs office and came over to tell me that if I didn't give him the drugs he would turn me into the police. I sort of nodded like "okay you have me" but I was not going to give that H up for anything so when he turned away for a second I sprinted and ran the fuck out of there, but when I turned around I realized he hadn't even walked out of the terminal to come get me.

I tried to detox and failed, me and my roommate were about to get kicked out of our apartment and become homeless, no one in my family would speak to me, I had no job no money wasn't in class. So I decided enough was enough and tried to detox. Failed miserably and my boyfriend dumped me during the first go. I kept trying and failing, wanted to kill myself and felt like my life was compeltely hopeless and unfixable. When I really knew that we were going to become homeless in the next week I gave up and came to my parents for help. They paid for rehab and I REALLY wanted to get off the drug and so I worked hard and dealt with my shit in rehab, got out, and haven't relapsed since.

I have intense cravings for the drug but what's always held me back is that I won't go to the streets to score H I'm too scared and I lost all my old connects. But a connect has come up, if I were to pusue it, and now I can't stop thinking about getting high again, the last few days it's all that crosses my mind and I'm really scared of going that path again, but these cravings are so intense I can't handle it anymore...

^^Girl, If you're still sober(?), you already know the answer to this puzzle, as fucked-up as it is, and you learned it in treatment. Get your ass to a meeting!!
Not to mention, from what I've learned in all of the fine establishments I've been in, you are already in relapse. Relapse begins with the thought.

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.