• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin and Seroquel/Quetiapine

I agree. That's why I posted here. The guy who said you need 500mg if you're snorting it, is what I need for a few days. I couldn't believe it reading that and had to speak up. I have shot it 4 times and sniffed it thousands of times. There is little difference, you still get around 60% of the drug sniffing it, still get high on heroin and still become a junkie. The route of administration doesn't really matter but IV is a lot riskier. A subtle high from sniffing china white with no tolerance? Alright, that is SO wrong to say! I wouldn't dare sniff 200mg of 90% pure china white heroin even after 5 years. It's really not right to say that.

You're welcome to delete it or edit it yourself, but as far as I'm concerned it is a worthwhile discussion as to heroin potency. It serves a purpose, but if you want to delete it go ahead. Outside of circumstances that don't apply here, it's policy for users to delete their own posts in situations like this.

Spend enough time on drugs and/or BL and you pick up a few things ;)

Why would any opioid have an issue with quetiapine/other antipsychotics? I don't get it. They don't compete for any receptors.

I have no idea. I don't personally have any experience combining the two, and there aren't any contradictions in their use that jump out as obvious to me.

Just so the OP knows, 100mg of (pure) heroin is a heavy and potentially lethal dose for a new opiate user (if that is the case here). I used to sniff 10 milligrams of china white heroin measured with a milligram scale and it was a little too much to be comfortable regarding respiratory depression since I had only been using painkillers daily, mostly oxy's and hydromorphone, for a year back then. I had a naturally low tolerance when I first started, and a lot of people do. Anything more than 10 to 20 milligrams, sniffing close to pure dope could kill a new user in my opinion, especially if they were on a med like xanax too (or something as sedating as seroquel for that matter), which is often the case as people who even try heroin often have pre-existing problems.

Erowid lists a common insufflated dose with no tolerance as 5 to 40mg, and a strong IV dose as 8 to 15 milligrams for a non-tolerant user. I used daily for 5 years, and by the end of it I was still sniffing 50mg doses to get high. I am still quitting and since I haven't used in a couple weeks, despite my tolerance I'd start with 20mg personally if I got it again, and I'd sniff it in two lines 15 minutes apart just to be safe. I mean, it's fuckin heroin. I just thought I'd comment here because those are very high doses if the dope is anything good, and it is laced with so many things these days by street dealers that it is an enormous risk to use doses that high.

I used percocets when I was on seroquel, and they made me really anxious until I stopped using the antipsychotic (I'm not schizophrenic, I was prescribed it for very severe and frequent panic attacks by a doctor who lost his privilege of prescribing a benzo. Then I just stopped trusting doctors because I feel like a year of quetiapine fucked my head up for a while. I was pharmacy hopping and using a gram a day of the stuff (holy fuck, looking back on that!). Eventually a psychiatrist gave me some xanax and told me to stop taking the seroquel since I was constantly showing up at the ER in the hospital due to the panic attacks.

Even after 5 years of habitual use with very few opiate-free days, I would not sniff 300mg of heroin all at once, especially if I had been sick for a while. I think that would be really dangerous, although my H was chipped off a key. I'm just pointing this out as those are extremely dangerous doses to use with no tolerance, and if you have excellent quality heroin or something cut with a fentanyl analogue. A strong insufflated dose for a new user is listed on erowid as 20 to 60 milligrams and I would say that is to absolutely nod the fuck out - 300mg of pure diacetylmorphine could very easily OD a user with no tolerance so I felt the need to speak up here.

It sounds like if new users are sniffing 300 to 500 milligrams they are getting fucking garbage H. If I sniffed 350mg heroin, with a 5 year opiate addiction and I was very high that whole time, I would not just feel relaxed and a bit itchy. I would overdose because I know my limits with good quality heroin and that is WAY beyond them. If you got anything close to pure, you would be dead sniffing that amount in my opinion. Please be careful. I've never even snorted 100mg of the dope before in my life, never even once, and I have been consistently getting raw from the same excellent source. I am also very addicted - 2 weeks into withdrawal and I am still nearly bedridden from it and decided to get on suboxone for the next couple weeks. Honestly what kind of shit are people slinging these days.
Sorry i don't believe that after 5 years of daily use 50mg was enough to get you high