• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Helping Wife with fent wd

Anthony6621

Bluelighter
My wife has been trying to kick this fent habit we got into. I’m next. She went 100 hours then took a 8mg strip and went into bad PWD. After all the comfort meds we could not get her to relax so she took 3 pressed ms. Does the clock restart? Can she take more subs now? I was sad to see PWD after 100 hours she was doing great. I should have helped her resist the strip for longer. She was using a lot but tapered down drastically. She’s still fighting but what advice on the strips? Forget about them or wait more days?

What I have thought is to use Kratom and go 5-6 days then a strip. I have always failed because 3-4 days is not enough for sub.

Thanks for the help.

I had the same issue, 96 hours would go by, take a piece of sub and immediately be thrown into the hellscape that is precipitated withdrawal.

I finally realized I was fucked. I was so sick and tired of the bullshit that I decided I was gonna cold turkey my way out (the only considerable clean times I’ve had in the past came after cold turkey kicks) My only relief was some cannabis (legal here, but does that reallly matter when you’re shoving as much fent as you can into your veins? Likely not)

It was the worst withdrawals I could remember ever having. It was about two solid weeks of acute withdrawal. Do I recommend going this route? Probably not. You gotta be a special kind of asshole (like myself) to atleast not try to hunt down some Xanax, clonidine, etc etc.

Im a few months down the road from that now and haven’t used a single opiate/opioid since. I still puff on some flower and live resin occasionally but have to keep toeing the line.

Fucking with fent just got to be too dangerous and for some reason, I’m not ready to die.

I hope you find the info you’re looking for and I hope everything works out for y’all.

Stay good folks.
Always, fair winds and following seas

I had the same issue, 96 hours would go by, take a piece of sub and immediately be thrown into the hellscape that is precipitated withdrawal.

I finally realized I was fucked. I was so sick and tired of the bullshit that I decided I was gonna cold turkey my way out (the only considerable clean times I’ve had in the past came after cold turkey kicks) My only relief was some cannabis (legal here, but does that reallly matter when you’re shoving as much fent as you can into your veins? Likely not)

It was the worst withdrawals I could remember ever having. It was about two solid weeks of acute withdrawal. Do I recommend going this route? Probably not. You gotta be a special kind of asshole (like myself) to atleast not try to hunt down some Xanax, clonidine, etc etc.

Im a few months down the road from that now and haven’t used a single opiate/opioid since. I still puff on some flower and live resin occasionally but have to keep toeing the line.

Fucking with fent just got to be too dangerous and for some reason, I’m not ready to die.

I hope you find the info you’re looking for and I hope everything works out for y’all.

Stay good folks.
Cold Turkey isn't for everyone and most won't be able to handle it but I gotta tell ya.....most people don't relapse or go back to " that life " because what they just went through was so awful and traumatic that every time they think of using again they say " no no no....no f'in way. I absolutely cannot go through that again ".

People that use a ton of comfort meds have it a little easier during the acute WD's but they didn't really suffer and their mind tricks them back into using again once they feel better. They don't have any memories of just how bad WD can be when they have benzos and lyrica and soma and codeine and all the other comfort meds to soften the blow. WD was easier, yeah. But they don't have any real memories stored up during the process to actually scare the hell out of them to never pick up again.

People have to quit however they can and with whatever resources they have but from reading BL for as long as I have I have found that the people that walked through hell, stayed there for a week or two, and then emerged from the other side are more successful than the ones that that tried to make it as easy as they could. The CT people have a real strong motivation to stay clean. Some get clean and actually have PTSD from the whole experience. Obviously PTSD from WD isn't good and it's not really for everyone but being scared, and mindful, of what they went through is a strong motivator to keep yourself in check. A couple of my friends did it this way ( CT ) and it worked. A little weed here and there, a glass of wine once in awhile, a little kratom here and there and they still have managed to stay off the " hard " stuff for more than 2 years. By hard I mean crack, heroin ( fentanyl ) and meth.

I also did it CT almost 3 years ago and I am still clean as well. Shit sucked. I was Miserable. Anxious. Depressed. Pissed off. Unmotivated. Couldn't eat. Hated the world. But it passed. And every time I think of picking up because it won't be a problem now because I'm better that's just my mind fucking with me and then I really remember. And say no fucking way am I ever going through that again. Who am I kidding? I'm not better. I'm just not using. But my mind wants to trick me into using but I trick it back. Ain't no way I am going through that shit again for a high that won't be nearly as good as my mind is trying to convince me it will be.

Stay strong people and get off however you can. But don't make it so easy on yourself that you don't make any bad memories that you can fall back on to help you in your journey. There is nothing wrong in being scared to use again. We are all human and many of us are weak when it comes to drugs. So use comfort meds to get over the worst of it but don't stay on them for too long and when you feel like shit try and keep that thought in mind if you get bad cravings while you are in WD.

Cold Turkey isn't for everyone and most won't be able to handle it but I gotta tell ya.....most people don't relapse or go back to " that life " because what they just went through was so awful and traumatic that every time they think of using again they say " no no no....no f'in way. I absolutely cannot go through that again ".

People that use a ton of comfort meds have it a little easier during the acute WD's but they didn't really suffer and their mind tricks them back into using again once they feel better. They don't have any memories of just how bad WD can be when they have benzos and lyrica and soma and codeine and all the other comfort meds to soften the blow. WD was easier, yeah. But they don't have any real memories stored up during the process to actually scare the hell out of them to never pick up again.

People have to quit however they can and with whatever resources they have but from reading BL for as long as I have I have found that the people that walked through hell, stayed there for a week or two, and then emerged from the other side are more successful than the ones that that tried to make it as easy as they could. The CT people have a real strong motivation to stay clean. Some get clean and actually have PTSD from the whole experience. Obviously PTSD from WD isn't good and it's not really for everyone but being scared, and mindful, of what they went through is a strong motivator to keep yourself in check. A couple of my friends did it this way ( CT ) and it worked. A little weed here and there, a glass of wine once in awhile, a little kratom here and there and they still have managed to stay off the " hard " stuff for more than 2 years. By hard I mean crack, heroin ( fentanyl ) and meth.

I also did it CT almost 3 years ago and I am still clean as well. Shit sucked. I was Miserable. Anxious. Depressed. Pissed off. Unmotivated. Couldn't eat. Hated the world. But it passed. And every time I think of picking up because it won't be a problem now because I'm better that's just my mind fucking with me and then I really remember. And say no fucking way am I ever going through that again. Who am I kidding? I'm not better. I'm just not using. But my mind wants to trick me into using but I trick it back. Ain't no way I am going through that shit again for a high that won't be nearly as good as my mind is trying to convince me it will be.

Stay strong people and get off however you can. But don't make it so easy on yourself that you don't make any bad memories that you can fall back on to help you in your journey. There is nothing wrong in being scared to use again. We are all human and many of us are weak when it comes to drugs. So use comfort meds to get over the worst of it but don't stay on them for too long and when you feel like shit try and keep that thought in mind if you get bad cravings while you are in WD.

Yep. Every time I ever used comfort meds to get out, back when heroin was still prevalent my clean times would last a few weeks to maybe a month or so and I’d go right back to being a gutter junkie. On and off over 17 years.
I started to realize the more it hurt getting clean, the longer my clean times lasted. My longest stretch made it over 2 years. Then I got hurt and started using again like an asshole.
Today I’m still very much in pain from that accident. But it’s a daily reminder for me to not be an idiot. And the pain the last cold turkey caused is still fresh in my mind, once again.

Nothing sucks more than paying for a party you already had, but whether anyone wants to admit it or not, in the end, there’s only one way out of this life alive if you truly want no shackles in your life.

Stay good people

Last edited:
Hey Anthony, I think this might be of interest to you: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16681181/
I vouch for the validity of these claims because I myself have used this substance in minute doses to decrease the impact of wd by approximately 80 to 90%, in some cases feeling just some restlessness, rls and insomnia and that's about it. It really works and there are a lot of studies that have proven this.

My wife made it even after the precipitated withdrawal! She was doing good then lost all faith and momentum after the precipitated withdrawal. But she hung in thru 48 hours of pwd symptoms.

One thing I/we have learned is that if you have done this for a while and over 7-10 a day. Do not do suboxone . Get it out of your mentality. If you went 7 days maybe consider not doing the subs all together. Burmese method is another story slot of people use it su especially but if you cold turkey or slight comfort meds do not consider subs. In 1.5 weeks It’s my turn .

Beware of the subs they have caused a lot of failed attempts in my experience well after so many inductions it gets harder and harder.

Have a good night

I know this is about hard drugs, but I have to say I still have what could almost be flashbacks to the last time I went on a hard drinking binge. Yes I know that I am now allergic to alcohol, but any time I wonder if my liver has healed, I remember not just throwing up in front of my doctor and my dad, but I remember thinking I was truly going to die. The pain and nausea from a long binge was something I had sort of gotten use too. But that last one, even though I was hospitalized for a couple of days and given, Ativan and morphine and IV fluids, those couple of hours(yes I know that is nothing) were so bad,I at times couldn't breathe properly or think anything close to a coherent thought. I thought I was going to die. I wished I were dead. I could only breathe through my mouth. I had been through alcohol bad ŵithdrawals well over 100 times with nothing to help, but this one different, till this day it stays in my mind and scares me. Even though I gone over 100 times, usually for around 5 days with no meds to ease the misery. Those few hours were so bad I think I would have died if not hospitalized and that horrible memory has stuck in my head and for years and a few mini relapses and I found out I became allergic to and now hate alcohol. I was told nearly 8 years ago I needed a liver transplant or I would be dead. That miserable experience I am grateful for.

she jumped on subs after 9 days. She didn’t like or couldn’t take the kratom. On Friday I have 9 days off so it’s my turn. I will be beyond blessed if by 9 days im able to work. Wether on subs or not. I will have to see what works better for me. I want the kratom to be my better but I will be sooo happy if I come out on subs . Definitely will not play with the devil on this one anymore. Lesson fucking learned

she jumped on subs after 9 days. She didn’t like or couldn’t take the kratom. On Friday I have 9 days off so it’s my turn. I will be beyond blessed if by 9 days im able to work. Wether on subs or not. I will have to see what works better for me. I want the kratom to be my better but I will be sooo happy if I come out on subs . Definitely will not play with the devil on this one anymore. Lesson fucking learned

Stay positive bro. It can be tough, this I know but it’s totally worth it.
It took 12-14 days before I could do anything physical, work wise. I was a total slug for those two weeks. But everyone is different. And if you can induct on subs by then, you should be able to get back to work.

I hope everything works out for you and the wife

Good luck on your detox bro. Wishing nothing but success for you and sending ya positive vibes.

Stay strong friend,

yeah man, sadly that’ll reset the clock back to day 1. with fent, i’ve noticed i just do better to not even try to use subs unless i’m on day 5 && up, due to this issue. methadone is a way better route to recovery when it comes to fentanyl and fent analogues, imo. i used kratom from day 4+, and i could always tell that fent was still in my system for the first 4 days due to the kratom hardly having an effect and not breaking through, since it’s so lipophilic. try to get her some cozy meds like gabapentin, clonidine, maybe a small amount of benzos to take. she can do it & you guys got this :)

Errrm...alcohol IS the hardest drug in terms of toxicity.
That it is , i'm still hungover from 2 days ago. Awful toxic drug imo.

Street fent can stay in your system up to 10 days so be very careful. When i relapsed i had to go back on methadone the wd's were soo bad(and i hate methadone). Then i micro-dosed to subs then to morphine then quit.

Street fent can stay in your system up to 10 days so be very careful
No need to tell me this as I never ever plan on taking fent. I'm in maintenance, where I was initially given morphine, and now switched to Polamidon IV (Levomethadone) and couldn't be happier. One single shot in the morning and I'm high until midnight lol...

Last edited:
Fentanyl is much more toxic
Nope it isn't. Fentanyl is an opioid and opioids have been shown to have no toxic potential at all (neither neuro-, cyto-, nor genotoxic). The only harm that opioids cause is addiction and that's it. Ofc you can die if you take too much, but that is not toxicity, that is death caused by depressing that part of the CNS which is responsible for breathing.

Street fentanyl is toxic , you don't know what analogue you're getting or what's mixed in

Nope it isn't. Fentanyl is an opioid and opioids have been shown to have no toxic potential at all (neither neuro-, cyto-, nor genotoxic). The only harm that opioids cause is addiction and that's it. Ofc you can die if you take too much, but that is not toxicity, that is death caused by depressing that part of the CNS which is responsible for breathing.
hate to burst your bubble, but that is absolutely not the case. like most drugs of abuse, opioids cause honest to god excitotoxic brain damage as well:

Street fentanyl is toxic , you don't know what analogue you're getting or what's mixed in
I wasn't talking about cut drugs. I'm talking about pure opioid substances and not street drugs mixed with rat poison or xylazine that cause systemic infections upon injection and god knows what damage to the nervous system and the brain...

hate to burst your bubble, but that is absolutely not the case. like most drugs of abuse, opioids cause honest to god excitotoxic brain damage as well:

Read the actual studies that OP linked in the reddit post and you'll see that the cell death resulting from the toxic actions of excitatory amino acids is so miniscule that it's negligible and not even worth mentioning. It's in fact comparable to the oxidative stress that caffeine causes. I mean, we don't even need studies to prove that. Just compare the intellectual capacity of your average meth addict with the average opioid addict and you'll see the difference. 15 years of opioid addiction hasn't changed my cognitive abilities at all, which most certainly wouldn't be the case if I had fried my brain with meth or alcohol. Or take a look at all the notable historical individuals who happened to be Opium addicts and yet produced works of marvel (Paracelsus' medical books and discoveries for example, Frederic Chopin's works of musical genius, or Winston Churchill who although didn't produce anything notable was mentally sharp as a fox) that a materially degenerating brain wouldn't be able to produce. Thomas De Quincy's verbal intelligence alone is proof of that fact. Show me one meth fiend or heavy alcoholic who after decades of use can still talk in the most sophisticated manner. No matter the study, at the end of the day the practical examples that I'm seeing disprove the very notion that opioids damage the brain and if they do, the damage is so insignificant to not be worthy of entertaining any further thought.

Aside from these things, the actual methods of those studies themselves are problematic (I know, something that nobody actually seems to care about anymore. People just see the word "study" and are immediately convinced without actually looking into the details). The first study that OP linked (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2772392522000220) comes to its conclusions by using theoretical models and extrapolates from there on to its conclusions. That method is even worse and less reliable than using rats. The quality of this study would have been much better if the researchers would have actually studied the brain of opioid addicts before addiction, while addiction develops and during glial cell inflammation which occurs during wd. But this study as it stands, is as useful as all those climate studies that work exclusivly with computer models. Well, surprise: the world isn't a computer model and cannot be accurately simulated. Even less so with the human brain of which we understand approximately less than 10%.

The second study by Cross and Linker isn't talking about acute and/or chronic toxicity but (temporary) neuroplastic changes that occur due to the nature of substance addiction itself.
See that'S the problem. The OP of the reddit post probably knew that people these days don't read more than headlines anymore due to their shortened attention spans (dopamine damaged people due to excessive smartphone and app use like TikTok...so much for brain damage) and then used these studies in a manipulative way to suggest something about opioids which objectively isn't true. Or perhaps he didn't have any nefarious intentions and was himself one of those people who didn't read past the headline and thus became the victim of a false conclusion. Whatever the case may be, those studies either have a) used bad methods and therefore result in a bad study quality, or b) are actually saying and concluding something very different than what OP is saying and concluding.

Last edited: