• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help with subutex taper.

Damoxy

Greenlighter
Hi guys.
Bit of an intro.
I was addicted to oxy and heroin for 18 months.
I've been on subutex for 2 month, started at 6 mg and I'm now down to 4 mg.
As I'm in the UK I have to have daily pick ups. I see my prescriber tomorrow and it's up to me how much to drop by. I just don't know how much to drop by. I don't want to feel bad but want to be off reasonably quick (another 3/4 months tops)
Any advice?
Also how good is lofexidine?
Thanks in advance

Hi again :)

i tried lofexadine first, it was horrible for me as I had some reaction, it did help with withdrawals tho. They start you on four, then add four everyday until you reach 16 tabs, then reduce by four each day, it helped withdrawal by 70 per cent, then my tongue swelled up on day three an I had to swap to subs. I didn't really want subs u see so tried lofex first. But glad I switched now.

I cant believe my dosage of subs compared to yours, I'm on 10mg daily, I also don't want to be on them long. My key worker recommended reducing by 0.4mg daily so u don't feel it as much :) it's worth trying.

also with lofexidine it can lower ur blood pressure so they will have to keep an eye on you first few days, ask for some promethazine too to help u sleep xx

Thanks love for the info. I think I'm getting some benzos when the time to jump comes. Where in the UK are you. I'm a Yorkshire lad x

Hi, I just started on bupe 8mg today, I'm planning on doing a detox over 2 weeks. I've had to buy the tabs myself so I'm going in blind. In your experience is quick detox doable, or am I kidding myself ? Sorry to hijack your thread but seeing as your both on bupe I thought I'd ask.

Zeb

Hi zeb. Since my post I've dropped again with ZERO I'll effects. I know quite a bit but some other people on here are amazingly knowledgeable. But here's what I'd suggest.
Assuming you aren't withdrawing drop to 4 then 2.then try on 33% every few days or when you aren't feeling bad. I don't know how many you have but do some maths and you'll be ok. There are tons of info on this site. Search some and it'll cool. I wish you the best of luck and feel free to ask anything, I may be able to help. Take care

Cheers mate, I'm planning on keeping at 8mg until the weekend then drop to 4 so at least if I feel rough I haven't got work. Then I'll see how it goes, drooping by a third seems about right though. Thanks again mate, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Zeb

I'd drop quickly until 2mg then slow down. Hope all is good. Never give up giving up. You can do it. D