• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Help with my Taper Strategy

Rehabicable

Bluelighter
Okay so here's the situation; I relapsed about two months ago on heroin my DOC and have been using basically daily for 3-4 weeks (don't know exactly all the deets) smoking about 4-6 points a day. Doesn't sound like much to most however was clean for 9ish months prior to this and the heroin I've been smoking is VERY high quality, so I am expecting a hefty detox in my future. Basically I need to stop the heroin usage now due to the fact I am on parole and have an upcoming urinalysis but I need to keep my job and I am in a halfway house so I can't afford to take 4-5 days off work and just detox at home, which is what I usually do, ( have cold turkey'd countless times and have experience), I usually like to just take a week and get the worst stuff out of the way but due to all this I can't this time.

SO I have acquired 32mg in suboxone and plan on doing an accelerated taper over this week to lessen the severity and then take next weekend, stop the subs by Saturday, and sit through a hopefully mild enough detox that I can still manage to go to work by monday.

How should I do this taper over next6 days w 32mg of subs? If I had to decide myself right now I would do 10mg, 8, 6, 4, 2 then 2 on friday. I don't know how uncomfortable I will be tapering that quickly but I know that 8-10 right now keeps me quite normal, and could probably take 6 tomorrow and just feel a little shitty. Please help w suggestions/experience w anything similar. Thanks

EDIT: I realize this is probably in the wrong forum I just put it here cause im trying to get clean again but I guess asking for dosing advice should be in OD or BDD.. my bad, hope it will get moved please forgive me I'm still green.

Last edited: