• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Help with IV cannula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerdurd3n7

Bluelighter
Does anyone know of anyone in Victoria (qualified or not) that can place a cannula in, what can be at times, difficult veins?
My carer is going away for a few days in a couple of weeks and she has problems with placing an IV line. With my condition i have issues hitting a vein. Any help will be appreciated.
Happy to pay for your time.
Cheers

Nobody is going to respond here as this is kind of bordering on inappropriate. You don't want some random stranger coming into your home and putting a medical device into your body. I understand that you might be desperate for a way to IV your drugs recreationally but this isn't really the avenue to look for this on.

I suggest you ask a friend in your real life for help or just ditch the idea altogether.

If it was just 'recreational' i wouldnt have a problem. This is about harm minimization. Last time my carer went away i absolutely butchered myself.
As for some 'random' coming into my house, etc. Im not asking them to do surgery, its a pretty straightforward procedure that ive had done hundreds of times. What I'm trying to say is, its pretty easy to tell if someone knows what they are doing. The risk of someone helping me is lower than if i was to try myself.
As for askimg friends, well i dont have any that can help.
I thank you for your concern, i appreciate what ur saying and understand where you're coming from but i disagree. Im dying and this is the only way i can keep my pain in check without landing in hospital (dont get me started on my local hospital).
Cheers

Sorry your caregiver is going away somewhere. You don't qualify for a replacement when the current one takes a vacation ? Are you in Hospice?

Maybe I am misunderstanding but you seem to be looking for someone on an internet forum to come and help you IV painkillers. I am truly sorry about your medical condition but maybe you better have a talk with your caregiver before they go away and have them set something up for you.

It's not a good idea at all. Having an open infection portal of entry into your bloodstream over for over few days is a lot (A LOT) riskier than getting separate injections. What you're planning to do is the easiest way to get infected with sepsis dude. Don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.