• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help w/ Meth - Vaporizing

Phil.McKeer

Bluelighter
On the rare occasion that I use meth, I usually snort it, but my fuck, does that shit burn a good deal for a long while. I have a slight phobia now about snorting it after a few experiences with the burn. I mean, I'm not against doing it, but I'll try to avoid it if possible.

Therefore, I acquired a glass dick the other day and I'm trying to use it. I've only vaporized meth a couple times - I've always considered it too fiendish an ROA for nearly all my life based on what I've seen - and due to having shunned it in such a manner, I am ignorant about it, and need to get some things straight (I was afraid to ask my plug so as not to look like a moron rookie lol).

If anyone who has experience smoking/vaporizing meth can chime in to help me answer these questions, it'd be appreciated. FYI, I'm using what is known as a "glass dick", a pipe specifically for meth (or "incense burner", lol) with the bulb at the end of a tube that has a single hole at the top of the bulb:

1. How do I know my "bowl" is "dust"? Is there a visual indicator or just keep going until it doesn't produce smoke/vapor anymore? I have never in my life gone from fresh bowl to dust bowl in my own meth pipe so I have no clue.

2. When first melting down the crystals, do I blow off the initial smoke? Everyone I've seen and talked to has done this but I don't see why...I just see a bunch of smoke being wasted...please explain this. People say its to burn off the cut/impurities but it tastes the same to me as the next rip, and the same as the 5th rip (and why would the cut/impurities always have a lower melting/vaporizing point than meth, 100% of the time? It's possible but doesn't seem probable). Granted, my sense of taste (and smell) are almost non-existent, so the first rip might taste like shit and I just can't tell the difference.

3. I still can't seem to get "foggers" like I've seen other people blow from a tiny bit of crystal. I'm using a bic lighter, do I need stronger flame? Should I rotate the bowl less? More? I already feel like I'm rotating it super fast (to keep the liquified crystal from staying in one spot and burning up - right?). And I've already loaded a ton (about 1/4 of a gram) in the bowl in order specifically to achieve this so it's not from a shortage of material in the bowl.

4. The material inside the bulb just keeps spreading and recrystallizing, spreading and recrystallizing. It stays a whitish/off-white color and is slowly going more off-white and towards yellowish as I keep taking rips from it. This is correct, yes?

5. What's the official verdict on holding in the rips? I like to ghost all my rips whether its tar or cannabis or whatever, but I hear and see everyone immediately exhale their rips w/ crystal. This seems wasteful to me, and the idea that the smoke recrystallizes in one's lungs is obviously an urban myth (it's certainly not recrystallizing in the pipe's stem), right? On the other hand, it is a cheap drug so waste is not that big a deal (seriously, this shit is cheap...wtf).

6. Everyone I know uses a wet, cool towel to wipe the bowl with after every hit - this is to cool it down, right? It also seems to serve the purpose of wiping the soot off the bowl so you can see what's happening inside. If anyone has discovered a better way to cool it down let me know.

7. Any other hints and tips you've figured out over the years would be great to know. For example, for the longest time I didn't know you could vaporize tar on a titanium nail-equipped bong. I went for a year using stupid low-tec foil & tooter before I discovered this fact (it is common sense - of course it will vaporize on a titanium or glass nail, but you know how it goes...you don't think of these things).

You can probably tell I've already taken a few rips by how this post is rambling on and on...anyways, help this stim rookie out, y'all. Thanks, my tweaky BL fellows.

PS - I know meth is dangerous. I have seen people in the lowest rock bottom of their lives because of meth (surprisingly, even more people and deeper rock bottoms than I've seen caused by H or any other drug of abuse - H has killed my friends by OD, but never turned them into walking corpses who can't function in society and weigh under 100lbs while standing over 5'8" like some prisoner in Andersonville or Auschwitz). And just so y'all know, I only use meth on the rarest of occasions, when I need all-day energy for some unusually gargantuan task that requires exertion and concentration. Once that occasion is over I never crave nor seek meth again (this has been the pattern my entire adult life). These events occur rarely - last time I used meth was about two years ago (summer of 2015 for moving) and before that had been at least a year, perhaps longer. I'm not trying to rationalize drug use, just letting anyone who wanted to warn me (which is appreciated) know that I am cautious (while being aware that any amount of caution is insufficient when dealing with such powerful substances).

God, that's a wall of text. Sorry guys, I've already taken a few rips ^^

TL;DR = I need help, mostly with the questions numbered below, since I'm a newb at vaporizing crystal meth. Halp.

Last edited:
Damn guys, no one? I was a bit spun so I rambled quite a bit but...ita not as if it is completely unreadable...

Not sure how to answer all of these but here's some thoughts

1. It'll leave like whitish spots on the bowl as the meth is slowly vaporized. When these spots stop giving you vapor, they're beat. When you run out of spots, the bowl is beat. Lighting them is the best way to tell. If they don't start looking like little raindrops, they're beat

2 - I always just hit the first bit of smoke. As if the rest of the smoke is suddenly less bad for you...

3. It's a tough thing to master, how fast to twirl the bowl that is. I always went for a steady increase of smoke rather than a sudden flood of it into the pipe because that means you probably are burning it too fast

4. Yeah, and it's actually one of the craziest things you'll ever see. Smoking meth is quite an experience, especially when you're already on meth

5. Idk, I held it in about what I'd do with weed smoke. Not too long where barely any comes out, but long enough to get a good feel of it. Probably about 4-5 seconds

6. That's really the only practical way to cool it down. And to get the soot off. Which does let you see what's going on. You're 100% right here

7. If you ever don't have an actual glass pipe, you can use a light bulb. Just make sure you rinse out the inside pretty good (preferably with salt water) so you get a somewhat clean base to smoke it off of.

honestly, the two most important things are keeping the flame a steady and consistent distance away from the meth, and making sure the liquid is sliding around in the bowl so it doesn't all burn up

if you do both of those things properly, everything else will fall into place

Thanks guys! Both that link and subotai's advice were exactly what I needed, aside from good old trial and error. I'll be tracked out pro style before you can say "obsessive compulsive"...

That thread was the first I read on bl and it should be compulsory reading for people looking for meth info.

Howdy, just started smoking two months ago, still haven't gotten it all perfected (then again, as you get high the urge to stare deeply into that little glass bulb for hours will only confuse you more). Figure you got some pointers, but to add:
Recently got a smallish torch, and holy bejebus is that better than a Bic and worth the extra few dollars. Besides being hotter and more focused, it's not as sooty; together, that means you won't need to wipe the bowl constantly.

When I started, I'd get obsessed trying to see shards or puddles (to see how much was left) through the soot and white re-crystals. The torch'll liquify fast without blocking the view with soot, and a quick pass around the bowl will "deice" it. IOW, no moist towlettes needed (also no reason to cool the bowl if you'll hit it again anyway).

Discoloration seems to happen with excessive heat. Not sure the exact source yet, but some good torch work will leave a very clean bowl--when I couldn't see clearly and saw reflections as crystals, I'd just blast the bowl longer with a Bic, making everything worse.

Rotating the bowl seems helpful on a first pass to uniformly melt and join disparate small shards, so they can reform as one big puddle, and cool as a wide, uniform-thickness mat. Flicking it fast won't help with that. Depending on shard/dust ratio, a brief around-the-bowl close lighter can melt the smaller bits; you will see and can ignore some vapor whisps. Let it all settle, then direct heat (slowly tilt bowl or lighter) until you see vapor evolve, then pull the lighter further away underneath the bowl, letting it slowly fill. Once your shards are liquid, it only takes a bit of heat to keep it at a simmer, so don't scorch it or your thumbs.

One last before I try again (really, not spun yet): sooty is bad, and candles are very sooty, but if you've got time, they're a lot easier than using up lighters and juggling with wet wipes. Plus it was kind of relaxing to have a candle lit to just work the bowl over, with a small flash light to really watch the phase changes and get practice.

Meth is generally got a bit of msm in it where I live. Its easy to get rid off but at the cost of a small amount of gear. Acetone wash done properly is better for larger stashes but a waste if time on a few points .

I dont get a lot anymore. When I do and the gear does a snap crackle pop when heated, thats chopper and easiest way to not inhale it is heat on very low delicate flame till it puddles and the very first smoke just blow out the pipe gently.

Msm burns first and at lower temp.

Then let puddle solidify again. Thats your gear .

When youre done with a toke let it re solidify before going again. Its a good way to figure out how much is left

Btw i just use a bic. I had a torch lighter but in the end its all bullshit really. Just dont overcook it and pay attention to what youre doing. Stop heating it long before you finish your toke.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am fairly new, just obsessed--so new that all the supply I've seen probably came in on the same truck. Haven't seen any snap/crackle/pop yet.

And Bics are perfectly worthy lighters, but after that first six weeks of trying to figure things out and juggling and screaming at the wind, this torch for three extra dollars was fuckin amazing. (Not as good for stealth on the noise front, not as pocket friendly, possibly incriminating.)

Lol. I dunno what setting you have your session in but if you have a private bathroom just run a tap or flush the loo to cover lighter noise and turn the fan off after.

Candles are a pain in the arse but doable.

I suggest get a spare pipe and call it Justin Case. Put it away and dont use it unless you smash ol faithful.

Clean it after youre done regularly with magic eraser (a white foam pad thats used to scrub scuff marks off things) by tearing a little piece off and using a cotton tip.

Every now and then give a proper wash with hot water and dishwasher and air dry. Dont bother trying to hurry up the drying.

If you get bad staining that you cant remove hold it over a jet lighter or gas hotplate and burn the living shit out of it and dont put it down straight away, wait 5 min then it can cool down on a ceramic surface. Obv dont do the mouth bit where you hold it.

If you clean it regularly and gently it will last ages.

But yeah keep a spare. These things break and its annoying.

Also buy a keychain led torch light. If the crystals are transparent and look uniform in texture its likely to be good. Chopped gear looks like bits with opaqueness and looks like cubes stuck together back into a crystal. Size doesnt mean everything for crystals only (not you know, cock size which is). Depends on if you get the last bit or first bit of a batch.

I know the whole stealth at home thing is ridiculous, but I have family here that will wonder what I keep lighting at 2am; and the new torch, while awesome, makes a crack and a sound like a pressure hose, also a weird thing to use in the house in the middle of the night.

Also realized you folks in Not America use "torch" for flashlight. So yeah, my new favorite fire-maker is a "jet" lighter, only bigger than you usually see lighting cigarettes (seems way too hot for weed, I don't know why they sell these metal-cutting monsters in head shops).

And fellow n00bs, beware the LED torch/flashlight, cause if your bowl is clouded and sooted, the lights look just like pristine shards reflected inside, consuming full hours of staring if you're already spun, and eventually scorching everything trying to melt those last stubborn mini-shards. Still essential, though, for me.

Bonus discovery: abandoning a befouled pipe in your hot car for a few weeks seems to "dry out" both the inner and outer bowl coatings, which you can then restore with a mild abrasive.

Feel free to check-in/put me on ignore next week, when I'm sure I'll have new amazing insights into the best way to comb your carpet for shard dust.

Bwahahaha you guys are awesome. Thanks for these insights!

The stuff I have is completely crystalline, looks like quartz almost. Not quite clear but only slightly opaque.

And I gotta say...i don't really like how it feels when I'm spun. God bless the energy it gives me, allowing me to tackle the gargantuan task before me, but I much prefer Adderral as far as stimulant "euphoria" is concerned. For me meth is somewhat even dysphoric - my muscles are perma-clenched in an involuntary manner and i sweat like a damn pig even at 70f.

But every tool has it's purpose. It's probably a blessing that I don't enjoy this...

Well OK, Mr. Elitist Meth User, I'll have you know this is pretty clear crystaline stuff from the fine technicians enslaved to Mexican Cartels, thank you very much (side note: how much actual Sudo-Fed shake'n'bake batches do you think actually get made, in the US at least? Honestly no idea, but I've always been a little skeptical, just from price point).

Anyway, I garbled somewhere else about how this stuff doesn't seem to give me much euphoria at all, yet you'd swear other users are creaming their jeans (and yes, before I decided to try again, I made sure to be clean, rested, fed, no booze or add-ons). But likewise, comedowns have been mild, compared to my first experiences with nasty pinkish speed. And yet, after combing through the carpets after being up for three days, I know it's "working". (I also know it's working because I keep buying it).

ETA: Oh, but also, I even stay a pleasant temperature without sweats. I do get cramps at the end of a binge, jaw rarely involved, thankfully. Noticeable increase in acne. See, this stuff really is fascinating, for not being pleasant in any way. I'll go have a late-morning load and then come back with a treatise on the things it did to my bowels.

If the bowl is getting covered in soot youre holding the flame too close man.

Just leave a candle under a bookshelf, plenty of clearance, and watch how much soot appears above it. Yeah, candles are dirtier than butane, but a soft butane flame will leave plenty of soot on anything vaguely above it--especially if you have a high yellow flame. So those long grill lighters are great for your fingers, but those big sloppy flames are nasty with soot.

It's more about HOW LONG the bowl is over flame. For a newbie, constantly hiding and nervous in the dark (or parking lot), in the wind, juggling a tiny flashlight, pipe, wipe, and two lighters (to keep from frying your thumb), making no sound, it's tricky to get that shard nicely melted, and the unrelenting breeze will carry the soot of your many attempts to stay lit for four seconds all over that pipe, till you try to wipe it to see and burn your other thumb, drop everything, search for shards in the grass. Oh, and your dog and cat want to help, make a huge amount of noise.

This IS rocket-science level stuff here. "Gently heat a solid till you see fumes, inhale" misses all the glorious nuance and artistry involved.

Meth hcl vapor ("smoke") appears to havr zero order absorption rates in the human redpiratory system, meaning that holding it in longer won't give you a stronger high like it would if you were smokind herb or, especially, crack cocaine. Smoking metamphetamine vapors reportedly very bad for the lungs as the vapor often recrystallizes on your lungs and heavy users often start coughing up quarter gram shards after a while.

On other thing, bic lighters are fine but hold their flame 2 to 3 inches below for best results. Doing do actually applies the hottest flame area to the bulb and produces minimal smut on the bulb afterwards.

Smoking ice is for losers and is not a sustainable lifestyle choice, though there is some evidence according to Iranian zoroasttiand that ephredrine was the original (and forbidden for human consumption) fruit of immortality. Evolution comes along, we figure out how to trash the benzylic hydroxyl group of ephrdrine, and bam we've got 10x stronger than ephedrine methamphetamine being used the world over.

appears to havr zero order absorption rates in the human redpiratory system, meaning that holding it in longer won't give you a stronger high like it would if you were smokind herb or, especially, crack cocaine.

Yeah, no. Or maybe, never seen any lung absorption kinetics, but then holding in the smoke would make MORE sense. Zero-order kinetics occur when the substrate conc. is much greater than the max velocity, like with alcohol. Alcohol has no half-life, because you consume grams at a time, and your liver works max capacity clearing it in a linear way, same rate no matter how many beers you had.

"the vapor often recrystallizes on your lungs" yes, thank you "brain on drugs" marketing. C'mon, your lungs are moist and warm, nothing is crystallizing. Bad for lungs anyway, I'm sure.

"bic lighters are fine but hold their flame 2 to 3 inches below for best results
" thanks, not trying to be an ass, but not applicable in breezes, with fresh shards, or weak lighters. I'm beginning to think lighters are something different in Australia.

"
Smoking ice is for losers and is not a sustainable lifestyle choice"
. Hey, we agree on something!

Anyone else get an insanely persistent runny nose as a side effect? 100mg diphenhydramine failed to dry it up. That is a first for me. Diphe is always my go-to for this purpose.