• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help this happened in just hours COCAINE TROUBLE PLZ LOOK AND HELP

Traintrack

Greenlighter
Hey check this out www.instagram.com/traintracks_/

I can't figure out how post a picture this old friend from high school I'm worried about and he couldn't stop bleeding from a syringe poke so he washed it with rubbing alcohol and water made sure it was sanitized then put prescription MUPIROCIN 2% ointment on it and a bandaid on it all in the brief time he applied pressure with cotton ball so it would not bleed to badly for the 15 seconds it took to do that. That bandaid got super red and needed to be changed after an hour or so, so he repeated the process fast forward 5 or 6 hours the bandaid is taken off and were shocked a blister it's popped not much fluid comes out and from the looks of it we know don't put alcohol on it just soap and water, more ointment and fresh bandaid, the small centimeter squared of surface of popped blister that appeared , doesn't hurt but looks like it could be from the cocaine eating the flesh away maybe alittle was a missed shot idk, how does this happen in 6 hours?

That round scar to the right of the red spot that appeared today is a scar from a healed abscess that it totally fine, it's the red spot that showed up after a pinprick and some cocaine injecred into a vein that bothers me....do missed Coke shots do that? Thanks for any insight

why dont you just go to the ER and get it checked out?
beats the hell out of guessing and you never know something more serious could be going on

docs at the ER are there to help they have no moral interest in what you do or dont do
just explain what happen so they can get to the bottom of your issue asap

trust me all that is nothing compared to you possibly losing a limb or having a serious infection

It does not seem to be infected , it happened so quickly, I have seen and dealt with infections , if it's infected I'll get on bactrim ASAP, I already applied antibiotic ointment to be safe that is prescription used for abscesses. I have a lot of experience I'm not to worried , I was just wondering if anyone had seen this with cocaine before and what happened. Thank you very much for your input

@deos68 if My friend needed antibiotics which is how infection is treated He not want to go to the hospital, he is takes medication that he needs and can't go to the hospital and say he injected drugs that would be a reason not for him to take controlled substances ,and he has never had a bad drug test and would not want to risk that at the hospital. Obviously if he wakes up and his whole arm is swollen and will Need iv antibiotics he would go to a public hospital. But he thinks and hopes it will be healing in the morning not worse. HE IS A PRO PIANIST CANT LOSE AND ARM.

@deos68 if My friend needed antibiotics which is how infection is treated He not want to go to the hospital, he is takes medication that he needs and can't go to the hospital and say he injected drugs that would be a reason not for him to take controlled substances ,and he has never had a bad drug test and would not want to risk that at the hospital. Obviously if he wakes up and his whole arm is swollen and will Need iv antibiotics he would go to a public hospital. But he thinks and hopes it will be healing in the morning not worse. HE IS A PRO PIANIST CANT LOSE AND ARM.

again the ER docs dont care what you do or dont do on your own personal time
they are not there to call the cops on you for drug use all they care about is helping and make sure no crazy shit happens to you
i went multiple times because i was having WD from alcohol all they did was treat me and send me on my way
never did of any of that affect me negatively medical record wise
i am also in medication that i had to jump through hurdles through to get
my past didnt hinder from me getting that medication either

and the fact we cant diagnose over the net there is no possible way to say you have this or that
IV use is a bitch and ill continue to keep saying no matter how many precautions you take there is always a chance shit can hit the fan

Alcohol withdral is unique, it's legal no one looks at you like a scum bag, so for sure hospital for that. If I think my friend has an infection I will tell him to go to a walk in Doctor clinic and have the doc let you know if oral antibiotics are good( which in most of the cases they are if you catch it early enough) and will work or if your fine and just have irritated skin with a blister. If he can't help you then you go to the hospital AND NOT PUBLIC ONES they treat you like shit, they judge my friend and they don't give much thought into there treatment because they have IMPORTANT people to work on not some drain on society which is how they will see it. Alcohol is totally different everyone drinks , and you are looked as a courageous and getting your life together. If you go in with an infection form iv use most of the docs and nurses treat you like shit, yeah there are some nice ones, but generally if you show up with problems from illegal drug use they do not treat you right. The way the see it the next time they see you you will need to be brought back to life from an overdose if the emts get there in time, or they expect you will be in jail soon even if you don't have a record, or they think they will see you in the hospital making some shit up to get drugs which wastes everyone's time, and lastly they will be putting a toe tag on you cause your dead. That's how a lot of docs view illegal users unfortunately i have seen it happen to people first hand. But they do want to help people stop drinking , they don't see alcoholics as committing crime and spreading diseases