• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

HELP! recrystallize MDMA from distilled water

KaiserSoze51

Greenlighter
Hi guys! Please I need some help! I ve got 20g of MDMA dissolved in distilled water. is there any chance to recrystallize it?

Could bain-marie work fine? I was thinking to use just a small quantity of that solution on a common ceramic plate placed on a little pot... I looked on other topics and found something similar but nothing that really helps!

I dont want necessarily clean. I just want to measure it out when party time!!

any suggestion is really appreciated!

Thanks!

kAiSeR

You could measure it by volume, divide 20g by the amount of liquid volume to give approximate dosages.

I'm not sure..
I would just go with a graduated cylinder and measure, you can find them in hobbie/craft shops...
From what I read crystallization from water isn't really feasible.
Are you trying to get it to a powder for a reagent test?
Because otherwise there isn't much of a point.
Hope that helps...

bain-marie or double boiler will work excellently to remove extra water

MDMA is heat stable so even an open flame will work.

Look up drying out ketamine vials. Essentially the same concept except you have MDMA water not k.

Or the double boiling methods... I'd avoid the microwave, but it could work.

Edit : the oven can be tricky where double boiling done property is 110 degrees f.

Microwaves will work fine too. There is no mystical property of radio waves that causes compounds to degrade. They are, in effect, ovens selective for heating water or other radio-opaque solvents.

MDMA and ketamine are both very heat stable (the last step of ketamine synthesis involves a rearrangement conducted in hot decalin at 200C) so you need not worry about the heating method, use whatever you have handy.

Microwaves will work fine too. There is no mystical property of radio waves that causes compounds to degrade. They are, in effect, ovens selective for heating water or other radio-opaque solvents.

MDMA and ketamine are both very heat stable (the last step of ketamine synthesis involves a rearrangement conducted in hot decalin at 200C) so you need not worry about the heating method, use whatever you have handy.

With Ketamine I always used a normal frypan and always had great yeld. About MDMA I was a bit worried to lose too much of it. do you know what % of powder and crystals can I have after boiling (I know depends on the quality and cut but lets say it s good quality)? And how will look like? Powdery or crystals?

With Ketamine I always used a normal frypan and always had great yeld. About MDMA I was a bit worried to lose too much of it. do you know what % of powder and crystals can I have after boiling (I know depends on the quality and cut but lets say it s good quality)? And how will look like? Powdery or crystals?

There are far too many variables to say with any certainty. Just do it. Powder or small crystals or large crystals, it doesn't matter, you'll still have mdma where a gram is a gram is a gram. I think getting in depth anymore than that falls into synthesis type talk..

This isn't synthesis..... He isn't even freebasing it. It will look like goo that becomes powder as you dry it. To get large crystals it requires a slow undisturbed evaporated of a solvent to grow crystals. You can dissolve in alcohol or something possibly naptha (not sure on solubility and I am very likely wrong) and let it evaporate, which could give you chunks if more pure mdma with most the cuts formed separate allowing you to separate it a tiny bit possibly giving you some pure chunks and powder with more cut if it's cut. While this is true it is probably not enough of a difference for you to choose to regrow crystals.... Maybe one or two out of ten or twenty four gun, but no reason to rush destroying a good thing.

^

I never said microwave...
I never said you did...

Last edited: