• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Help me get into weed again

DaftPunkFan

Bluelighter
I smoked weed for a year and never once had a bad experience. However, one time I smoked and I had a severe panic attack, and its caused some pretty bad anxiety problems for me. I got this incredibly uncomfortable sensation that the room was flipping vertically, and I felt like I was falling over. I couldn't tell where the ground was. I smoked straight Indica nugs that time. Because of that experience, I wasn't able to smoke afterwards due to anxiety problems, so I quit. Its been about 4 months.

What I'm wondering is should I maybe try to get a hold of some weed that is mostly Sativa and see if I can enjoy weed again? Would I experience extreme anxiety on Sativa, or does that mostly occur from Indica weed? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

do you feel that the panic attack was directly caused by the fact that it was of the indica variety... had you not smoked indica before? could it have possible been the environment or someone there who you weren't comfortable with? i just find it crazy that you have smoked for over a year without any problems but then this one time comes up that makes you actually quit.

If the drug is causing you to have anxiety attacks why are you determined to try it again. To me that makes no sense. You probably will continue to have these side effects. Weed isn't for everyone, and maybe you are one of these people who is just isn't for. Try another drug or don't do drugs at all. They really aren't a necessity.

do you feel that the panic attack was directly caused by the fact that it was of the indica variety... had you not smoked indica before? could it have possible been the environment or someone there who you weren't comfortable with? i just find it crazy that you have smoked for over a year without any problems but then this one time comes up that makes you actually quit.

I've smoked several different types of weed, but this one in particular really fucked with me for some reason. I never paid any attention to the types of weed until I smoked this stuff, because it was such a bad experience. I want to be able to smoke weed again because I remember all the good times I had.

when I used to smoke canabis I preferred smoking hash because the high was more mellow and I could control my anxiety/paranoia alot better.

Whereas with skunk I'd be a paranoid, anxious mess. I think skunk is just too strong these days.

Dude if you wana try then try, weed won't kill you.

Just start slow, see how you feel from a puff or two from a bowl before you start trying to rip a bong again. Try smoking small amounts that go up incrementally each session rather then trying to slowly get baked the first time back.

I will say though, I wouldn't try even a little if you go into it nervous and anxious about it. As long as you can get past that, you can judge if you'll freak-out before risking actually doing it.

You want to smoke a Indica strain, preferably one with a high CBD, its another cannabinoid that's more present in Indicas, pretty much it calms you down and helps with anxiety.

Sativa's have close to no CBD, or a low amount so you get that anxiety, that's why some people freak out on a decent Sativa.

On the other hand, i fucking love Sativa.

Indica made a friend of mine throw up a lot. Sativas can sometimes be a little bit trippy and give you visuals when you close your eyes. Maybe you should vape as well.

It is kinda hard to find diff strains, well unless you have some really good connections.

Ive had pot I didn't particulary enjoy, mainly strong hydroponic strains.. I generally prefer outdoor grown stuff most of the time..

Anxiety generally comes with more powerful erb, which while is great sometimes should be used in moderation.. find a strain you are comfortable with and smoke smaller amounts

Anxiety generally comes with more powerful erb, which while is great sometimes should be used in moderation.. find a strain you are comfortable with and smoke smaller amounts

I think that's definitely more important than what type of strain it is. I'd guess that it wasn't really the fact that this was a pure indica that made you trip out so much as the fact that it was probably really strong bud. Set and setting also have a lot to do with how the drug affects you, so make sure you're in a comfortable place (literally and mentally) if you're going to have another try.

I smoked for 6 years then one day it started to make me anxious and paranoid... i stopped for 2 years, and now i can smoke with no problems... but i think the anxiety and paranoia was not only due to weed use..

I smoked for 6 years then one day it started to make me anxious and paranoid... i stopped for 2 years, and now i can smoke with no problems... but i think the anxiety and paranoia was not only due to weed use..

im in the same situation only i havent started smokin again but will be in 'dam in a few weeks after nearly 5 years clean.

So what else was your anxiety/paranoia caused from?

I smoke everyday and only once had a panic attack, I even fainted. The next day I smoked again, same batch, and I'm fine ever since, still an everyday smoker. So try a small amount and see what happens, the worst that can happen is a panic attack.

I've never been able to go back to weed with the same blasé attitude ever since, like you OP, I had an awful panic attack brought about by it (though, like phat and hooter it wasn't the sole cause).
It's caused me to experience really uncomfortable anxiety each and every time I've smoked it.
It was much worse when I was on Antidepressants that work on Norepinephrine compared to just Serotonin, but large doses still brought about nasty anxiety.

You may be able to go back to it, you may not be able to... See what happens I guess.
Start small is my advice.

there is nothing that we can say to make you like pot. there is no reason to force it. only advice i can offer would be to smoke low quality and maybe roll joints as opposed to bong rips.

You want to smoke a Indica strain, preferably one with a high CBD, its another cannabinoid that's more present in Indicas, pretty much it calms you down and helps with anxiety.

Sativa's have close to no CBD, or a low amount so you get that anxiety, that's why some people freak out on a decent Sativa.

Alright, so anxiety wise, I'm better off smoking Indica? What I smoked was what bighooter was describing, Indica skunk nugs, and it made me a paranoid mess.

I guess I'm still confused, because I've heard people describe both of them as a better one to go with. I do think that starting off slowly is a safe bet though, thanks.

If you do not fear yourself, your true self, weed causes zero paranoia. Tie up all loose ends in your life, clear your mind, and don't take the high so seriously. If you honestly cannot feel euphoric, or at least introspective when you smoke, you simply shouldn't. Maybe you are already happy now...in the sober minestate.

Alright, so anxiety wise, I'm better off smoking Indica? What I smoked was what bighooter was describing, Indica skunk nugs, and it made me a paranoid mess.

I guess I'm still confused, because I've heard people describe both of them as a better one to go with. I do think that starting off slowly is a safe bet though, thanks.

Well yes, but it sounds like you just don't agree with the powerful stuff. Try a medium potency Indica, that might just be the key for you.

It also couldn't help trying different types of consuming weed, you might feel way better if you ate it, vaped it or made tea with it.

I'd recommend a medium strength Sativa, take it slowly, have baby cones or tiny pinches at a time. If that doesn't work and you still want to keep on blazing, try tea or in food. Vaporizers are too expensive to buy then decide you don't want to smoke anymore.

Good luck mate!

If you do not fear yourself, your true self, weed causes zero paranoia. Tie up all loose ends in your life, clear your mind, and don't take the high so seriously. If you honestly cannot feel euphoric, or at least introspective when you smoke, you simply shouldn't. Maybe you are already happy now...in the sober minestate.

you couldnt be more right.

thats why i got messed up bigtime because I had all the teenage angst and didnt know who i truly was that combined with weed which turnt me into a mess.

Well yes, but it sounds like you just don't agree with the powerful stuff. Try a medium potency Indica, that might just be the key for you.

It also couldn't help trying different types of consuming weed, you might feel way better if you ate it, vaped it or made tea with it.

I'd recommend a medium strength Sativa, take it slowly, have baby cones or tiny pinches at a time. If that doesn't work and you still want to keep on blazing, try tea or in food. Vaporizers are too expensive to buy then decide you don't want to smoke anymore.

Good luck mate!
Ok thank you very much. I am going to try a relatively medium strength Sativa from a club, and see if that does the trick. If I smoke it out of a pipe. do you suggest maybe 2-3 hits or so to begin with? I'm definitely going to take it slowly while I'm getting back into it. Also, I do have access to a vape, so maybe I will give that a go as well.
Thank you very much everyone for your helpful advice. Keep it coming.