• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Help in putting powder into vials for IM use

sidestyle

Bluelighter
Hello everyone!

I am planning on making up vials for IM use of ketamine and 3-meo-pcp.
I have read Captain Heroin's guide here on micron-filtering: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/481622-Micron-Filtering-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ
However, I still have some questions.

This is my plan:
I plan on using 20ml sterilized serum vials with rubber stoppers which allow for repeated use with needles.
I also plan on buying micron filters with 10ml syringes in order to fill those serum vials with the filtered drugs to ensure sterility.
For the ketamine, I will have a concentration of 100mg/ml in one vial for a total of 2g.
For the 3-meo-pcp, I will have a concentration of 10mg/ml for a total of 200mg per vial. My thoughts with this are that 10mg is a pretty high dose and 1ml is a good IM dose.

The part I am struggling with is figuring out what substance to use to dissolve the powder in. Would the best thing be a saline solution? Bacteriostatic water?
Any feedback and suggestions on what I am missing here in order to make these vials safely and effectively would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
Much love.

NOTE:
I already have experience IMing both ketamine and 3-meo-pcp. I just have both in powder form and would like to have it prepped for IM use without having to mix up shots every time. Especially with the 3-meo-pcp, which has such low doses, I think it would be best to be able to set up a larger vial to have accurate measuring.

Last edited:
Bacteriostatic water should work fine, as would saline solution. The only real difference is probably going to be whether the solution is isotonic (NS is, but drugs in NS solution may not necessarily be), this is something of a health concern if we're talking about large amounts particularly used intravenously, but for your purposes it's a push, either one should be fine, I'd probably go with the sterile bacteriostatic water for simplicity's sake. The tonicity of drugs in NS or H2O solution would be complicated to work out but again, for your purposes this is largely an academic question.

I have done some searching around and I haven't been able to find any sterile, sealed saline vials...could I use sodium chloride instead?
I would prefer that the vials have a long-ish shelf life.

UPDATE:
Upon further research, bacteriostatic water with benzyl alcohol was recommended to be the best option for shelf-life. I will be using this as my diluent.

Last edited:
You can get the bottles of 0.9% NS which are used for wound care, etc. I think at any pharmacy, or the solutions used for nebulizers (the little single dose plastic vial type things, like what you get at most needle exchanges), then transfer the solution with a syringe into a sterile vial.