• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help! I injected with the tourniquet still tied to my arm very tight

get high

Bluelighter
Ok so I didn't realize my tourniquet aka a shoe lace was tied to my arm very very tight when I injected a FULL syringe of H, I barely felt anything and when I pulled out the needle blood sprayed out of it. Niw there's a huge red bump and it's big. This was the best vein I have in my arm, and I'm new to shooting. What will happen!?! Will my vein be destroyed!??! It's literally the ONLY vein I've successfully been able to shoot up in. This is literally the best vein to use. So I don't know what to do :( Someone said my vein will burst and be ruined. Is this true? I'm so sad. I'm new to shooting, and the second time I tried I shot into my artery, my hand got 10 times as big as usual. My whole arm swolled up. That's why I'm so scared to shoot up anywhere now except that one vein, because I know it's not an artery. What's going to happen to this vein?!!?! Is it going to be destroyed?!?

Please use paragraphs ,not only is this a good way to burst a vein but you won't get a proper rush either.

More or less I believe your main problem would be the blood coming back out as you take the needle off your arm , chances are that blood that comes out had most of the drug in it

OP I never pull the needle out of my vein with the tourniquet still tight on my arm.. that's not smart for one you can fuck up your shot, lose some of the dope when the blood starts coming out in large amounts because its tied off still and the dope is going to still be in that part of your bloodstream if you just shot it, and two, it just isn't good to do period.. There are plenty of good veins to use in most peoples arms too, that is until they ruin them all from IV drug use.. I have been an IV drug user for going on 6 years and have shot many, many different types of drugs, mostly opioids and stimulants, and my process every time I shoot is to rotate sites.. try not to use the same spot over and over again, tie off on my upper arm around my bicep usually with a belt, inject into my vein of choice, register and pull back on the plunger make sure I am in vein, push the plunger, take the tourniquet off, and enjoy. if you look you will find that there are plenty of good veins to hit, and in my 6 years I have never once hit an artery, I have missed parts of my shot before and that sucks too, but definitely rotate IV sites where you shoot, and definitely loosen the tourniquet before pulling the needle out! Be safe!

One time in detox about 10 years ago, I joined a discussion about human anatomy. Not surprisingly, most of their answers were wrong. I asked all the people if they could tell me some basic differences between arteries and veins and I couldn't get one correct answer. I asked myself, "Am I a member of such a group?" I felt quite stupid.

I would suggest that you look up the Cephalic vein on Wikipedia. Take a look at those pictures. Also, get ahold of the book, "Gray's Anatomy." I used those pictures. Today, I am clean and if I have any surgical procedure, the doctors and nurses have a difficult time sinking an IV into me.

And the best thing for you, my friend, you already know. Peace and safety.