View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help - I dont respond to AMT??

ItsLloydM8

Greenlighter
I recently ordered some AMT pellets from a trusted vendor who I have used for all my other RCs. So far all have delivered as I would have expected.

The AMT pellets are dosed at 33mg - I have taken one orally in the past but with zero effects.

I secondly plugged 2 pills at 33mg rectally yet still no success.

I have now ordered AMT Freebase powder after feeling disappointed with the lack of results from the pellets.

The only drugs I take are Sertraline 150mg (Zoloft) and occasionally Diazepam periodically at a dosage of around 10mg - 40mg. I stress this is occasionally.

I have used 5-MeO-Dalt and I love it. No issues there.

Any suggestions as to why I'm not responding with AMT.

And any suggestions on best method of administration for the AMT Freebase?

Would really appreciate feedback as I'm hoping for some positive experiences with AMT.

Thanks everyone.

SSRIs dampen the effects of psychedelics and also pretty much block the effects of serotonin releasing agents like MDMA but also aMT.

And any suggestions on best method of administration for the AMT Freebase?

Oral works just fine. But not while on SSRIs ;)

Also aMT is a MAOI at higher doses, so don't do something stupid like taking 100mg+, it could lead to serotonin syndrome.

Ya, I was gonna say that I'm pretty sure SSRIs plus serotonin releasers= bad idea.

Taking aMT while you are on SSRI therpay is strongly contraindicated and like others have pointed out, will (depending on dose) either strongly dampen the effects of the aMT, making it mostly a waste, or put you at risk for serotonin syndrome or hypertensive crisis (from too much norepinephrine, esp. if you have a SNRI).

You shouldn't take aMT at all until you are off the SSRIs for at least two weeks. It's not safe.

Thank for all the replies that's very helpful.

I will be weening my way off the Zoloft, down to 100mg per and then down to 50mg until they are ceased. I will keep the AMT on stand by for now until the SSRI have long gone.

What about RC's such as Methoxphenidine which I had taken orally and really noticed strong effects from that. It was a little worrisome at the time, but I got used to it eventually and once I had sobered up after a few hours, reflecting back, at least what I remember was an experience like no other! And in retrospect, thoroughly enjoyable now I can recognize it's effects - I took a small dose of this orally. I would NOT recommended snorted, I was convinced my nose was about to fall off.

Also 5-MeO-DALT I seem to respond to quite well. The trip is mildly pleasant, warm, and the world becomes complete clarity - colours are vibrant and pure, sounds are crystal clear, films, media and video becomes completely engaged and there is a feeling of connectedness with all surrounds.

The short duration, and fairly mild trip, with next to no bad come down or after effects makes it perfect in my opinion. Again, I have used pellets and also powder bombed - both producing satisfying results.

I'm glad I have found the forum, thank you for the replies. And now I have a LOT of reading to do... :)

Any further input guys?

Ya, I was gonna say that I'm pretty sure SSRIs plus serotonin releasers= bad idea.

i was on venlaflaxine 225mg a day for over 2 years......i tried rolling on MDMA cruystals several times and took a gram each time all together to try and roll and had NO effecr whatsoever......dont take a gram of MD its ridiculous but i thought i needed that to get a buzz due to my meds and found out that all serotonin illegal substances dont work when on SSRI's at all......FACT......so a montha go i stopped my SSRI's due to lack of them working anyways which casued sevier brain zaps....bleedin awful but after 2 weeks of not taking them i took sum MDMA and rolled sooooo hard it was amazing.....and since rolling that night my depression seems to have been lifted and my mood is much happier and less sad depressed, so went out last weekend and rolled again adn feel even happier now....so wierd how SSRI's block MDxx chems and similar receptor effecting chems

when you arent on SSRI's anymore give it a month or so or couple weeks at least and try again and im sure you will roll awesum!!!!!!!!! BTW what is AMT like any other substance is it similar to ie E., MDMA/MDEA/MDA, 2CB/2CI , ACID Or something similar going to get some pellets next week and try them cant wait the pellets are 30mg btw what dose would you say i wil need to have a great trip/roll and what effects shall i expect? will music flow through my bnody and make it cum like MDMAa does ( so to speak ) anyone whos dun E knows what i mean by that :) and will i get mad trials like acid and 2cx chems? cant wait and just wait til your well enough to come off your meds then try rolling again or not see how you feel !
peace and safe/happy ravin :)

So I came off the SSRI's completely and gave it about 4+ weeks before trying a single aMT pellet again.

Now that's what I'm talking about, I like aMT. Kind of reminds me of a long lasting 5-Meo-Dalt but without the body 'warmth'. Granted, it was a pleasant experience but in a descriptively different way.

I intend to re-dose again at 33mg, fully observe and track the effects. Then next time we'll see about increasing the dose.

At 33mg (The dose of the pellets supplied) I felt in control at all times, but could also sit back at times and enjoy the experience.

We'll see how higher incremental doses compare.

Thanks all.

High doses of aMT are inadvisable. Plenty of people get away with it but some don't. If you wish to push the dosage on a psychedelic drug I would advise against doing so on either aMT or on any NBOMe or NBOMe related compound. If you wish to push the dosage, I recomend investing in both Al-Lad & LSz (if you can get LSz!) or acquiring the good old reliable LSD. I have no experience with mescaline, but I wouldn't be surprised if it can also be taken in large doses relatively safely, compared to aMT. DMT & Ayuascha might also produce a considerably more powerful effect, if that's what you're looking for, but unfortunately, some fatalities on Ayuascha have occured in recent years.

If you do decide to push the dose on aMT, please be very careful & incremement very slowly.

Indeed, a few experienced bluelighters apparently overdosed on this ( >= 100 mg iirc) and had to be hospitalized. So yes please be careful and choose other compounds for the extra mile.

yeah, 100mg plus got some of EADD's people into trouble & doses of up to a gram have certainly killed.

The worst thing that can happen on a massive dose of LSD is one hell of a freak out. The worst thing that can happen on a massive dose of aMT is death.

AMT is not one to be messed with... I remember when I was in my friend's car and it was broad daylight and I was staring at the goddess in the sky and all I could say was "rrrrrraaaaaacccccchhhhhheeeeeellllllll iiiiiiiiii hhhhhhhaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee ttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiisssssssmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaa (my jaw was bouncing up and down that much that is exactly how it came out, it was like I was shivering and had the chattering teeth) and she was so freaked she almost took me to the hospital but luckily I snapped out of it and started becoming more coherent... that was roughly 100mg over the course of 24 hours through various ROAs... I tried all but plugging... and it was freebase so I smoked some too... well tried to anyway. It hit me which surprised me because of how I smoked it but seriously... Be careful with AMT. AMT is the tryptamine version of amphetamine. Literally.

alpha-methyltryptamine = AMT
alpha-methylphenethylamine = amphetamine

It used to be my favorite but I've decided its just too dangerous and unpredictable... 4-subs are so much better and far less toxic... Yeah AMT is euphoric... but the bodyload... that bodyload is shit man. And it gets worse the higher you dose until you find yourself in the hospital with the doctors telling you that all they can find is its a psychedelic stimulant and that basically your heart is just going to keep going up and up until you die. True story. Double IV ativan saved my life.

Still to this day don't know if that was AMT or 5-MeO-AMT that shady Japanese place sent me... but I ended up in the ER either way. Pulse was 210-220, bp 195/97... they had no idea if ativan would work but it did... they discharged me the next day.

Don't fuck around with releasers man... If they would have given me Zyprexa instead like they usually do in psychedelic ODs they probably would have killed me...

Last edited: