• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help ease my mind please. Suboxone and Klonopin.

Good to hear.
Hope you continue to feel better.

You got it- prayers going up for you.

❤️

So, once the Klonopin kicks in at night I get really heavy eyes and feel tired. No other effects, no slow breathing.

So I got worried last night since I was very drowsy. Been deep sleeping. That’s basically the only problem right now.

Feel pretty good today. Wake up in pain, but it immediately goes away once I get my first 2mg dose.

Clonazepam can be rough stuff when it comes to anxiety, you should normaly be fine.

Clonazepam can be rough stuff when it comes to anxiety, you should normaly be fine.

What do you mean?

Anyway, I felt good until around 2:00pm - started feeling weird and let it escalate to almost full blown anxiety. Took my 5:00 dose and felt a little better, but it got worse and worse.

I took a mile long walk and nothing.

Got home, watches some TV and took my evening dose. Feeling a little better. Chalk it up as a bad day?

Really felt the Klonopin last night.

This is is a real tough transition - I don’t know why.

Should 6mg be enough for a 60mg MSER detox? Is the morphine out of my system? Should I even feel it at all?

Ok, so looking back on this, I switched right from MSContin to Suboxone - I think the morphine in my system was making me tired. Lasted about a week. Thanks to all of you for helping me through this.

Suboxone is stronger than people give it credit for. Even if it is only a partial agonist. There have been times where I've gone from quality dope and then back on suboxone, expecting to be in withdrawals for days, only to need to take a long intense nap once back on the subs. Buprenorphine is roughly 40x more potent than morphine. Usually not recreational-wise, but the sedation sure can get heavy on suboxone. That MSContin may have not been holding you & since you went so long without subs, you basically got it all out of your body and those first doses back on subs were actually stronger than the MSContin. Sounds weird, I know, since MS is a full agonist, but it's still very possible. Especially combined with a benzo. 2mg of buprenorphine is roughly equivalent of 60mg of Morphine. If the morphine had still been in your system making your tired, then the suboxone would have given you precipitated withdrawals. Glad you're okay. I know this post is old, but I didn't see many people pointing out this perspective.