• NMI Moderators: M!$TER-ED | SoCalShordie

Help cold turkey suboxone

artista

Greenlighter
Joined
Nov 9, 2016
Messages
1
I'm having surgery in 7 days. I've been trying to taper with no success. In order to avoid opiate resistance, I think I need to stop cold turkey starting tomorrow. I will obviously be in horrible withdrawals. I really don't want to tell my doctor I'm on suboxone. After this, I want to quit. I've been managing at 2-3mg and will be jumping from there. Any thoughts or advice? Will I be in any danger during surgery? One week is enough time off sub, right? Thank you for your help and feedback!
 
Welcome artista - why not have a look at some of the conversations in our Recovery Support forums http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/268-Recovery-Support or start one of your own, as I can appreciate that things can be stressed and complicated enough anticipating surgery without this in on your plate as well. I have no personal experience with Suboxone, or how long you need to be away from it for it not to interfere with with subsequent OPI analgesia but plenty of our members have and will.

Welcome to Bluelight!
 
Top