• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hello, alcoholic here ?

angelsanonymous

Greenlighter
Helloo! Sortof early stage alcoholic here. Got some questions. Recently started drinkin during the day n im wonderin A) the severity of things and B) what things mean and if theyre normal???? Such as getting hot, sweaty, shaky, and a lil anxious after only 12 hrs since last drink. Is that normal stage 1 withdrawal? Also, i usually breath shallow and suuuuper slow when i wake up in the mornings (i binge drink at night). What does that mean? Mild/moderate alcohol poisoning or withdrawal or what? Anyway hi im new thanks for readin n replies~?

-angelsanonymous

Hi angels, I'm going to move your thread to SL (Sober Living). Don't let the name of the forum fool you--you do not have to be sober to benefit from the support. The symptoms you are relating sound pretty serious and I think you would do well to have medical help in detoxing from alcohol. Have you ever tried to quit before?

Helloo! Sortof early stage alcoholic here. Got some questions. Recently started drinkin during the day n im wonderin A) the severity of things and B) what things mean and if theyre normal???? Such as getting hot, sweaty, shaky, and a lil anxious after only 12 hrs since last drink. Is that normal stage 1 withdrawal? Also, i usually breath shallow and suuuuper slow when i wake up in the mornings (i binge drink at night). What does that mean? Mild/moderate alcohol poisoning or withdrawal or what? Anyway hi im new thanks for readin n replies~

-angelsanonymous

Welcome. I am a late-stage alcoholic trying desperately to recover. I had about 10 mos. sobriety and blew it over the holidays. I have a little over a month now that I've regained my precarious footing. But yes, to answer your question, the symptoms you listed are indeed symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. They only get worse over time, so if you can manage to curtail your drinking (not necessarily stop) you will only benefit. Right now, it sounds like your symptoms are relatively mild, but when they get worse, they get dangerous and should be medically supervised. It's to your benefit to not let it get to those later stages which involves some really scary stuff like auditory, visual and tactile hallucinations, seizures, possibly the DTs, etc.

Helloo! Sortof early stage alcoholic here. Got some questions. Recently started drinkin during the day n im wonderin A) the severity of things and B) what things mean and if theyre normal???? Such as getting hot, sweaty, shaky, and a lil anxious after only 12 hrs since last drink. Is that normal stage 1 withdrawal? Also, i usually breath shallow and suuuuper slow when i wake up in the mornings (i binge drink at night). What does that mean? Mild/moderate alcohol poisoning or withdrawal or what? Anyway hi im new thanks for readin n replies~��

-angelsanonymous

Welcome to BL angelsanonymous! You definitely are dependent upon alcohol OP, although whether you're an alcoholic really is neither here nor neither as far as I'm concern (that is for you to decide about yourself for yourself).

The symptoms you mentioned (getting hot, shaky, anxious) are the early stages of acute alcohol withdrawal. The shallow and super slow breathing you mention could be a number of things, but if you consume a significant amount of alcohol throughout the day, particularly just before bedtime, then it could likely be the result of alcohol overconsumption (poisoning as you put it).

What are your goals regarding the booze? Are you trying to figure out a way to get off it, do you want to figure out a way to stay on it, what's going on?