• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Heavy breathing

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
Ok so all the time I breathe heavily when I'm sitting down, standing up, walking i breathe even heavily.

When I bend over to put my socks on it's really heavy and it's hard because my gut is so big.

Should I be concerned and go to a dr?

Could this be drug related ?

Shortness of breath ( especially since you are overweight ) is common in smokers, asthmatics, and people that are generally out of shape. You should see a DR. and he can check for a condition known as COPD. They usually treat it with inhalers and quitting smoking ( if you do ) is a big must.

It isn't drug related unless you smoke a boatload of weed everyday but I guess nicotine is a drug too so yeah....it could be drug related.

Shortness of breath ( especially since you are overweight ) is common in smokers, asthmatics, and people that are generally out of shape. You should see a DR. and he can check for a condition known as COPD. They usually treat it with inhalers and quitting smoking ( if you do ) is a big must.

It isn't drug related unless you smoke a boatload of weed everyday but I guess nicotine is a drug too so yeah....it could be drug related.
No I don't smoke

I would go to a doctor but then again doctors are free where I live

go to a doctor.

this thursday i ended up in an ambulance and 7 hours in a & e because i didn't take sufficient note of respiratory distress. i'd been experiencing it intermittently for months. spent the whole day trying to avoid a trip to hospital but my symptoms didn't resolve.

being overweight definitely won't help but you want to make sure there isn't something more sinister. get a chest x ray, spirometer, blood tests, anything else your doc thinks is relevant.

12 stone for someone who is 37 years old would not be considered overweight unless you are 4 ft 10 or something ?

How tall are you?

Ok so all the time I breathe heavily when I'm sitting down, standing up, walking i breathe even heavily.

When I bend over to put my socks on it's really heavy and it's hard because my gut is so big.

Should I be concerned and go to a dr?

Could this be drug related ?
Have you measured your blood pressure? Most overweight people have high blood pressure. It might cause the symptoms you're describing. High blood pressure can be easily treated and the medication usually works well. Also you're hitting the age where the sings of high blood pressure start show up. I'm currently on BP medication myself and i'm very happy with it. I'm taking an ACE-inhibitor (enalapril) and a beta-blocker (bisoprolol).

when we are born we breath with the muscles in the stomach.

you can see this just by watching a new born baby.

as we get older we start to puff our chest out and breath using the chest.

then again as we get into our old age our rib cage hardens and we can no longer use our chest to breath

so we breath using the neck.

you can see this in a lot of old people they get a wheezy breath and they run out of breath all of the time.

the best solution to this is to just keep using the stomach.

the way to train this is to put your hands on your belly and when you breath in push the belly out (like exaggerate it)

then as you breath out push your hand into the belly to help push the air out.

do this for 10 too 15 min per day and soon you will be doing it naturally again.

this will increase the amount of oxygen in your blood and also massage your organs stopping them from sticking together

and going paper thin as you get older.

may not be your only prob but I know not many people really understand the importance of diaphragm breathing.

its used for free divers and swimmers all the time as it just gives them more oxygen as there is more room for the lungs to move

down than there is for the chest to move out.

Have you measured your blood pressure? Most overweight people have high blood pressure. It might cause the symptoms you're describing. High blood pressure can be easily treated and the medication usually works well. Also you're hitting the age where the sings of high blood pressure start show up. I'm currently on BP medication myself and i'm very happy with it. I'm taking an ACE-inhibitor (enalapril) and a beta-blocker (bisoprolol).
No I don't have high blood pressure

to be honest your a poly user and there is no real way to tell what did it specified.

I damaged my lungs with aqua regia when I was working gold and platinum.

they never truly healed and this was 20 years ago.

now I smoke one month out of 3 or 4 and then only a 25g pouch.

this is still too much and I feel it by the end of the month.

If you think withdrawals are bad try dyeing from lack of breath.