• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Health Risk of Abstinence?

If you want scientific data, then no. There isn't any, and there is unlikely to ever be any. But if you base your entire worldview on nothing but scientific data then you're still blind to many things, especially when it comes to things taking place inside of you. But each to their own.

You'll find a hint of it in many relgions and esoteric philosophy though, and certain individuals of genius in recent history who were celibate or sexually restrictive.

Of course you could just try it? What will you lose by not busting for a couple of months? You have the rest of your life to fap and bone, what's a couple of months in the grand scheme of things really?

i don't 'base my entire worldview on nothing but scientific data'; common sense comes before it. this failed that test, so i ask for elaboration (data, reasoning, etc), and you appeal to religion and specific anecdotes (that probably don't do shit besides illuminating correlation). let's not spin this to mean anyone who thinks this idea is absurd, is close-minded / ignorant / "not on a high enough plane to get it".

why would i want to try this for experimental reasons? there's only so many prime fap-times in this life, and i'm not convinced to part with them for this 'advantage'. (this is compounded that, being a normal guy with a normal life, i've experienced times w/ VERY little fapping, and too much fapping. i know how too much/little fapping makes me feel and effects me, and too little (or too much) "kills my homeostatic aural vibes".

Well if you're not willing to even try it then you are being ignorant about it. Why should anyone extend any other judgement when the exact same type of scenario applies to psychedelics; people claim to have their minds opened, others disbelieve and ask for evidence, none is given, therefore it is just bullshit to those who've never experienced it and all spiritual mumbo-jumbo. "Common sense" only goes so far, and democratic group think is fine if you want to live in a mental box all your life.

"There's only so many fap times in this life". You're honestly going to complain over a few months of not fapping when you have many years left of doing so?

what if i stop fapping, adn then died 1wk into my experiment, what then?

like i said, i already know how i feel when i get further from "should fap", and have no desire to cultivate it because i'm pretty sure i already know what it is you're aiming for and don't think it a worthwhile trade.

what if i stop fapping, adn then died 1wk into my experiment, what then?

like i said, i already know how i feel when i get further from "should fap", and have no desire to cultivate it because i'm pretty sure i already know what it is you're aiming for and don't think it a worthwhile trade.

what about it? how many thousands of people do you think have died and never had sex? or never had sex, been raped, and then killed? count yourself lucky that you've had what you've had.. it has never been so easy.

how could you possibly know what to expect unless you had actually done it already? that's like having an idea of what a full on acid trip is like without having yet done it.. you can be pretty sure about your idea, but when it comes to it you really had no idea at all lol. also there's enough people around who have done the celibacy thing to reveal what one can expect, and that it's definitely not a trade off with no result!

I have heard that masturbation/release might lower incidence of prostate cancer in men. The figure was pretty significant. Was on radio but I've heard similar many times. I gather if doing reduces, not doing may correlate with, relatively, higher incidence.

I have had a lot less desire for sex... I just turned 30, too. It is sporadic. I kind of make myself masturbate anymore, sometimes, telling myself it is for maintenance/health, at least in part.

If you quit for a month or so, and then get back into it, steadily, you might find that your body starts pumping out the testosterone again and you'll feel better.

You become immortal, or at least pretty close to it, and end up invading and pillaging neighboring city states, sieging fortresses, destroying agriculture, enslaving thousands, committing extreme acts of ethnocentric violence, its not a pretty sight. Better to blow your wad and die young as Nature commands.

You'll be waiting a long time then.. it's all assumptions based on nothing more than hearsay/emotion. The medical profession has an interest in promoting the continual dissipation of energy in men; they are just an arm of the establishment, and a placcid docile population is easier to manage than one where people practice sexual restraint. More restained sexual energy = more mental energy (that can become physical energy too).

People are keen to repeat the mantra of "just do it" because they're people who could never go more than a week without busting a nut. They're just afraid of what others are doing because it might give them an upper hand. Same thing with people taking psychedelics.

Anyone who doubts it.. go a month without busting and see how you feel.

Truth.

Not orgasming for like a week, and I could probably break a man's solar plexus in one punch. Having many orgasms in a day, and I get a black eye in the tournament the next day :-/.

Last edited:
... The report also cited other studies to show that having sex even a few times a week may be associated with the following...

There may be a link between sexual repression and aggression, insensitivity, criminal behaviour, and a greater likelihood of killing and torturing enemies...

can we separate the concepts of orgasming from masturbation, and sex with another body/bodies?

Last edited: