• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Headaches from cannabis during opiate WD

Imanuel1993

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone has experience with marijuana during opi WD. Everytime i try to get to the 24 hour mark to take a sub with no dose on the way i smoke a lot and take diazepam even and during the weed comedown i get insane headaches that literally takes me out and i end up doing a shot =[
The other problem is im addicted to cannabis been smoking 5-10 times a day for 6 years opis 3 years now ughhh

Yup.... It makes my heart race, my head overwhelmed with a sensation I can not explain, condensing to pain in the center, and usually on hotter days throbbing and pounding with the raised heart beat I think it is due to rapid change in blood pressure, circulation, and heart rate. As far as solving it I do not know. 250 mg edibles sometimes help, but honestly only with minimal opiate dose WCS. Without sometimes it is not even noticeable, but if I am lucky it puts me to sleep.

Edit: That is a lot of smoke sessions.... 3-6 is more reasonable IMO and has been what I have started maintaining dabbing.

Are you in a medical area with medical access? If not is your supply stable? Indoor or outdoor? Flushed and dried properly so it does not sparkle and sting? Trimed, cured, and properly to bring out the taste without disturbing the resinous tricomb heads or squished to hardball state?

If medical is your bud/concentrate tested for potency? If so what THC/CBD/etc. alkaloid levels do you seek? Are you smoking bud, keif, hash, oil/wax/shatter, or a combo? Do you vape? Edibles/tinctures/rubs?

Also baby asprin or tylonal may help. Try the first then second. Not both and separate dosing them by 4 hours if you use it.

Last edited:
Yep Los Angeles California baby you know it medical as hell . I smoke top shelf shake mixed with mini nugs cause it's a cheap way to smoke all week (20$ for 1/8 ) and it's basically the same as top grade herb but the shake and mini nugs from the bottom of the jar at the dispensary it's worth it. I also get a half 1/8 of top top grade sativa big nug dank 25% THC. But don't forget this is all for the purpose of trying to smoke without headaches and feeling worse coming down on cannabis during opiate withdrawal .
Update : there was a point early in opiate addiction the first few times detoxing ever cannabis was extremely helpful without issues but wd gets worse over time , I think cannabinnoid receptors mimic opiate partially that's why you feel worse coming down on weed during wd. My 2 cents