• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Having to stop klonopin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Since I see a new doc who will be giving me suboxone I have to come off of klonopin. I take .25 three times a day and have been on this dose for like three months. In the next week I have to only take .25 once daily and by next Friday I see the doctor and I don?t know what hell do.

In the past I was yanked off three mg a day and had two grandmal seizures after 15 days off and taking 22 gabapentin to try to ease the withdrawals. They say it was because of the gabapentin is why I had the seizures and not the cold turkey.

So here I am today facing withdrawal again. I am not on a massive dose but still it?s noticeable. Can anyone help me in what they think I should do? I won?t ever abuse gabapentin again because of that fear I may die.

Do not do this yourself. I highly suggest to go and be honest with your doctor. Some doctors will agree to prescribe a lower amount of Suboxone while you are tapering off of benzos. But benzos withdrawal is definitely not something you want to mess with at home on your own, particularly considering the fact that you have had seizures before.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of opioid drugs were/are you using? Trying to think of any other courses of action.

I have no other choice. I don?t have doctors prescribing klonopin and I won?t go buy it off the streets. I was on one mg three times a day before my seizure. I stopped from March till June. I?ve been on about .5 a day for for months.

I know I?m probably going to have seizures but I just don?t have any more options.

If you think you're going to have a seizure, go to the hospital man. Benzo withdrawal can kill you, as I'm sure you are aware. And if you have a history of seizures that doesn't paint a pretty picture.