• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hashetone(QWACE)

Synthorganixxx

Greenlighter
Crazy thing happened today, I saw this stranger soaking his grinder in acetone in a mason jar, then filter it through a coffee filter into a second jar. Astounded, he did it three more times and combined them together on a pyrex dish left to sit in front of a fan. I happened to stroll past this stranger again a few hours later and on his dish was a gooey waxy substance the consistency of dabs.

Has anyone attempted said "hashetone"?

a stranger??? really....? this guy was out in public soaking his grinder in acetone, creating a substance illegal in most places, with an outlet and fan nearby...? do you just walk into strangers houses?

is this really what happened?

we don't swim on bluelight.

it is pretty obvious from your other post that you are talking about yourself anyways...

or you are just a man of extreme coincidence...

Im aware, been lurking for a while. Thats why I refrained from its use. Im just not a supporter of incriminating myself.

I don't think refraining from using the word "I" will provide you any legal protection were you to face any legal ramifications.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you looking for ways to improve your process or just seeing if anyone else has tried this before?

Tried and true method of cleaning your grinder and scoring an extra high out of the process.

I always used iso, though, and the end-product was never gooey.... so dry, in fact, that I'd have to scrape it free from whatever it dried out in with a razor blade. Goes well, but I rarely get more than what I would use to pack a bowl out of it.

I'm a kief fiend. That shit does not stay in my grinder long.

I would assume since the acetone is evaporated and reagent grade that it would be okay.

That's my assumption though, anyone have any further info?

acetone is actually a metabolic product in the body (but I believe only in traces), so I think very small amounts left in the dried extract shouldn't be very harmful.

I would assume since the acetone is evaporated and reagent grade that it would be okay.

That's my assumption though, anyone have any further info?

If by reagent grade you mean ACS grade - I wouldn't risk it. Molecular Biology or Cell Culture grade with no heavy metals residues in it perhaps. Use 99% ISO if you can get it. Easier to work with in my opinion.

Tom

[edit -work with it outside or in a fumehood, which I'm assuming you don't have access to]

yeah 2-Propanol (iso) is definately easier to use than acetone