• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Has my extremely low ketamine dosage caused bladder problems?

phillycheese93

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

So I have been using liquid pharmaceutical ketamine for depression about .4mg per body weight, so about 30 mg via IM and sometime IV.

Within the past two weeks, I have used it 5 times total, no more than 30 mg per day. This is also the first time I have used ketamine, so only i've only used 150 mg total in my life.

I first noticed the unusual frequent urge to urinate upon waking up on Thursday (Thanksgiving day). I didn't think anything of it so I do 30 mg via IM. Since then, I've been having a frequent urge to urinate more often.

Now this seems extremely odd for having bladder problems, because I did not do any ketamine for 1.5 weeks before Thursday, with absolutely no bladder problems.

Last weekend I didn't use any ketamine. Instead, I used some heroin via IV from Friday to Monday for the first time in a long time. On Tuesday I had some extreme constipation, with lots of straining on my bowels, creating extremely bad hemorrhoids and non-stop pressure on my lower abdomen. Since then I have been straining very hard to get bowel movements, with very little success (I also have IBS).

So now I'm wondering, because I am still having non-stop extreme abdominal discomfort/pain and hemorrhoid induced constipation in my GI tract, is it the ketamine that is causing me to have frequent and urgent urges to urinate, or is it from the bowel pressure pressing against my bladder?

For the record, I don't have any signs of burning when I urinate or any unusual discoloration of urine.

I would really appreciate any input.

Thank you.

Well I watched drugs inc. about ketamine and apparently long term use can cause bladder/urinary tract damage but the people it showed were like heavy iv ketamine user for like 5+ years. I think it's just a coincidence.

Yeah. It might also be a UTI and abdominal pain from IBS/constipation and diarrhea. I took a stimulant laxative a couple days ago, and I had explosive diarrhea:!. Perhaps some fecal particles made their way into my urethra.

I just don't see how such low ketamine use could have caused any bladder problems, especially since I took a 1.5 week break and didn't have any problems during that time before doing my 5th dose of 30 mg. I mean people receive pharmacetical doses of 150 mg+ all in one sitting for surgery. Plus mine was from an unopened pharmaceutical vial, so I know it was pure and not cut with anything.

I also forgot to mention I recently got oxcarbazepine prescribed for a mood disorder, and one of the side effects is frequent urination. So yeah I think it could be a coincidence.