• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Has anyone sucessfully used tramadol for kratom withdrawal?

Tramadol is the weakest one of hem all and it has this horrible unique dry mouth with a weird stim feeling it vageyl reminded me of meat anyways still an opioid but if much rather have codeine

The weird stim feeling will last for a few weeks and what it is, is tramadol produces serotonin in the brain which is what anti-depressants try to do. Some doctors can prescribe tramadol as a short term fix if people are sad.

I think the way it works for pain relief is by mimicking endorphins in the body which is the body?s natural pain killer and I think codiene produces endorphins in the body rather than mimicking

Nobody can give you any tipps if you do not mention your daily doses. Kratom withdrawal is pretty relaxed as long as you keep it under 12g a day.

Using Tramadol for Kratom WD sounds like using Meth for a Ritalin WD to me.

Therapeutic doses of Loperamide (~2-6mg or 1-3 pills) and L-Theanine helped a lot during the first week of Kratom WD for me. No other opioids/opiates needed. From the second week on it was just mental. Don't betray yourself into another addiction ...

I have to bump this thread. I could not go on with my plan untill now that I finished work. I am a teacher and get a full month and a half free that will serve me extremely well on my road o recovery. I am currently on day 3. I used 75mg of pregabalin each evening and 37.5 mg of tramadol on day 1, 75mg of tramadol day 2, 112.5 mg today and I plan on using the same amount tomorrow. So far I feel almost OK. I purposely let myself feel some discomfort and dont jump on the comfort meds as soon as I get some RLS, which is the worst symptom. I managed to sleep through each night for which I am very greatful. I can atleast be of some use to my wife and daughter throughout the day. I plan to start a fast tramadol taper on day 6. I will probably keep using the pregabalin for another couple days and taper that also. I know for most experienced opiate users kratom WD is a walk in the park. For a working father of a 6 year old daughter it is a nightmare. I feel ashamed, useless and in a lot of emotional pain.

I agree that tramadol is a bad choice. Imodium dude... get some from any pharmacy. Take 6 in the morning, 6 in the evening, next day 5 in the morning, 5 in the evening. So on an so forth. Its a nice gradual comedown.

I PMd so if you could answer that when I get around to it that would be great.

I keep being told by experienced posters and mods here that Immodium doesn't work for Kratom WD, but I don't think what you experienced is placebo so the proof is in the pudding.

Is it safe to take those dosages of Immodium though?

And wouldn't that prolong WD since technically Immodium is kind of an opioid isn't it?

Its day 6. The RLS is almost completely gone. I did take about 25mg tramadol in the morning, which is a step down. Some L-theanine right now. I wish I had a pair of tits because I know I would be getting massive support right now - I know the mechanics of bluelight so I am not disappointed or surprised.

I feel like I got hit by a train. Some mood swings and extreme lazyness. Im gonna have to order takeout because I am in no mood to cook.

Anyway - tramadol and lyrica have been a lifesaver. I am not out of the woods yet and the people who claim that tramadol will just prolong WD are mistaken, atleast in my experience. Anyone reading this, do not be afraid, but start lowering the dose of tramadol as soon as you see the restlesness going away. You will know when its time. Do not get hooked on tramadol afterwards.

Love, Trig