• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Has anyone ever tried vaporizing heroin using a high-quality vaporizer?

shyness-is-nice

Bluelighter
Naturally, I searched. My bad if this has been covered - point me to the right keywords or screenname to search for, if that's the case.

Many serious marijuana users own high-quality vaporization devices that allow one to set the temperature rather precisely. The devices that come to mind are the Volcano by Storz + Bickel, and devices using heat guns with digital temperature readouts, such as the Vripmaster by Vriptech.

Has anyone ever used such a device with heroin? Would such an experiment be advisable, presuming, of course, that your heroin is cut for 'smoking'?

I own both devices and I'm quite curious. I've never had a reliable heroin hookup (and at the moment I'm not doing opiates anyway), but I was just wondering, if the day came...?

I've always wanted to try smoking dope through a meth pipe, the thought of anything going to waste has always stopped me though.

i've never smoked dope, but seems like a methpipe would do the trick. How would it waste?

shyness-is-nice said:
Naturally, I searched. My bad if this has been covered - point me to the right keywords or screenname to search for, if that's the case.

Many serious marijuana users own high-quality vaporization devices that allow one to set the temperature rather precisely. The devices that come to mind are the Volcano by Storz + Bickel, and devices using heat guns with digital temperature readouts, such as the Vripmaster by Vriptech.

Has anyone ever used such a device with heroin? Would such an experiment be advisable, presuming, of course, that your heroin is cut for 'smoking'?

I own both devices and I'm quite curious. I've never had a reliable heroin hookup (and at the moment I'm not doing opiates anyway), but I was just wondering, if the day came...?

the volcano is fking beautiful. grats on such a nice piece. sorry, cant answer your question though.

thats a crazy idea. The volcanoe fills up that big bag with vapors. Imagine holding like a bottle full of inhalable h.

seems like it could be dangerous if u had no tolerance.....especially with a street opiate like heroin where u have no idea of purity.

bZoP said:
thats a crazy idea. The volcanoe fills up that big bag with vapors. Imagine holding like a bottle full of inhalable h.

ya, thats the genius thing ;x. except usually for weed lol. but if set to the right temp, i have no idea why it wouldnt work for h. not saying its safe, esp if one doesnt have tolerance, but i dont understand why it wouldnt work.

That is some crazy shit I've never thought about. If I could get my hands on smokeable H then I would have probably already tried this. The problem comes in when you factor in the idiots who would be throwing in multiple bags of smack without knowning the purity and inhaling all of them with one breath.

Synto_ said:
That is some crazy shit I've never thought about. If I could get my hands on smokeable H then I would have probably already tried this. The problem comes in when you factor in the idiots who would be throwing in multiple bags of smack without knowning the purity and inhaling all of them with one breath.

ya well thats not a responsible drug user's problem. if ur not an idiot this has to work, provided that the h is heated to the point it needs to be.

For the last couple of weeks I've been rubbing the edge of the card I use to make lines with up against a small nug before putting it in the vaporizer. I've put small amounts of H as well (I've got a Vapor Brothers [pencil sharpener-esque box with glass whip] model) on top of some marijuana and ripped it. The times I've put more on the buds, I did feel more HIT when I vaped the bowl, but I wasn't sure if it was placebo or just the feeling of the MJ combining with the H I had already railed.

I'll try it today, using more than I have before. I can spare a partial bag in the name of science.

`bLow? said:
ya well thats not a responsible drug user's problem. if ur not an idiot this has to work, provided that the h is heated to the point it needs to be.

Oh yeah, word. It should definitely work. I'm just not going to go as far as to say that the majority of drug users are responsible. I'd even say they are definitely in the minority. Good thing that the majority of us that own temperature adjustable vaporizers probably account for a percentage of the responsible users. Anyways, I guess the point should be made that before anyone with access to smokeable heroin and a temp-adjustable vaporizer try this, they bump a small bit beforehand or use another method to test the purity of the product and be very very careful. I'm almost drooling thinking about this. You could get so faded so fast, and the onset would be excellent. I'm adding this to the list of things I must do before I die.

Last edited:
villian said:
At what temperature does heroin vaporize?

a quick google search didnt reveal anything so ill have to try again tonight when i have more time. the only flaw is if the vape's heating element doesnt get hot enough to vape the heroin, but i assume it does, since people vape it with a lighter and tin foil ;x...but ill try to find out.

An optimum temperature to volatalize heroin (free base) is 250 degrees Celcius.

Have fun...be careful (about dosages).

villian said:
If anything...the Volcano won't get hot enough. I'm not how hot the heatguns can get...

My Steinel heat gun goes up to 1100 deg F (593 deg C), so that method should work.

I have heard that Storz + Bickel also make an adaptor that allows one of their oven bag balloons to be filled using a heat gun, instead of the aluminum 'Volcano' base, but I've never seen the adaptor for sale at the website. Vriptech also briefly offered similar-looking technology called 'Valloons', but they didn't get around to posting a full explanation of what a Valloon was or how their device worked before they stopped selling it because of an apparent patent violation, possibly having to do with Storz + Bickel's device.

Definitely curious if anyone has any reports. If anyone wants to send me some free heroin, I'll try it out. ;) (In a couple months or something, that is, but that's another story.)

+1 for safety reminders about dosages. :)

^That's a great question. I would try it if I ever came across opium.

I have vaporized crack out of curiosity. Unsurprisingly, I found it worthless.

shyness-is-nice said:
^That's a great question. I would try it if I ever came across opium.

I have vaporized crack out of curiosity. Unsurprisingly, I found it worthless.

That's because crack requires a direct flame to become active. That's why people smoke meth out of glass dick's, and crack out of a straight shooter with brillo/copper wire.

^Uh huh. Crack is definitely not meant to be used in a fancypants vaporizer.

(I got effects from smoking it, felt that I understood what the deal was... though who ever really knows if we're right about such things... anyway, I was like, well this is fine, but not for me.)

Anyway, back on topic, interested to hear reports of using heroin in well-calibrated vaporizers. And interested to hear the adventures of Landrover.

soundphaRm said:
An optimum temperature to volatalize heroin (free base) is 250 degrees Celcius.

Have fun...be careful (about dosages).

The Storz & Bickel FAQ says that the Volcano is controlled so that temperatures >230* C cannot be achieved. Maybe some other form of heroin could be used?

I smoked opium in a lightbulb works pretty well , only purified/smokeable opium of course .