• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Has anyone ever fainted or blacked out on shrooms?

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I mentioned a story where I saw some guy pass out on shrooms and rolled down a mountain in another thread, it made me remember the time it happened to me.

I was in Amsterdam 10 years ago celebrating my 21st birthday. This was back when tourists could still smoke weed and buy shrooms (anyone from NL that can clarify the laws now?).

Anyways I bought a big box of shrooms. I don't remember how much I took, they were fresh. I have grown shrooms in the past so I am familiar with how much weight fresh shrooms dry out to. One of the caps was fat and as big as my palm. I estimate I ate the equivalent of 7-10g of shrooms. I believe they were a Colombian variety.

When I was peaking I had one of the coolest true hallucinations I've ever had. I was rolling a joint in a coffeeshop and the joint literally turned into a butterfly and flew away. Definitely the strongest shrooms trip I've ever had and the only hallucination like that I've ever had on shrooms

Anyways we were there for a concert/festival that had a crazy light show. About 15 minutes into the concert I wake up on the floor with a group of people staring down at me like I had just fucking died.

According to my sister I "fainted" and fell backwards onto this poor couple and scared the shit out of everyone. I don't know how long I was out for... But my trip went south really quick after that and had to leave the festival.

Anyways has anyone ever fainted/blacked out from shrooms before? The shrooms I took were definitely cubensis.

I've taken shrooms probably 50+ times after this, in lower doses, and never experienced it again. Haven't taken shrooms in 3 years though because I just don't care for them anymore and prefer other chemicals to trip with.

Cubes aren't legal in Amsterdam anymore but they're still allowed to sell Truffles.

I've never blacked out on shrooms but the first time I tripped on them one of the people in our group managed to fall asleep. They woke up very confused and it took a long time to convince them that they weren't going to die. Waking up in the middle of the peak while everyone in the room is peaking would freak anyone out I think. They didn't remember taking them. Same person also got stuck in time, thought it was 12:58am for several hours. :)

I've blacked/passed out on some other substances randomly over the years. I fell out like you did from 1mg of Xanax once. Not really sure what happened and chalked it up to sleep deprivation, lack of food, and a head injury. Cannabis has caused near black outs for me several times which I think are just the result of my sugar dropping due to lack of food. I lost several hours of an afternoon on DXM the last time I took it. Other than the DXM I've always figured it was because I hadn't been taking good care of myself. When you haven't been eating right and throw drugs into the mix the body has a funny way of shutting down.

cubes and other shroom strains are still sold under the counter near the red light district but you have to know what your talking about and ask them in dutch.

On 10 g dry my mate blacked out in a pool of vomit of very potent subs so thats like 15-20 g dry cubensis. Sometimes you have too much and your brain just gets overloaded by stimulus overload and blacks out shutting down.

Cubes aren't legal in Amsterdam anymore but they're still allowed to sell Truffles.
cubes and other shroom strains are still sold under the counter near the red light district but you have to know what your talking about and ask them in dutch.

This was 10+ years ago in some random "smart shop" I think they called it. They had like 10 different strains of shrooms in plain view in a refridgerator behind the counter, also had peyote and some other stuff there. They looked like cubes for sure.

I told the guy I was going to a light show and asked which strain he suggested. He kinda had this malicious grin and handed me a box. I don't remember what they were. "Colombian" comes to mind, but that may have just been one I saw not the one I got.

On 10 g dry my mate blacked out in a pool of vomit of very potent subs so thats like 15-20 g dry cubensis. Sometimes you have too much and your brain just gets overloaded by stimulus overload and blacks out shutting down.
That's probably what happened because I felt fine until the show. The lightshow was REALLY intense, in a small room packed full of people. I also get anxious in environments like that - may have played a part.

I mentioned a story where I saw some guy pass out on shrooms and rolled down a mountain in another thread, it made me remember the time it happened to me.

I was in Amsterdam 10 years ago celebrating my 21st birthday. This was back when tourists could still smoke weed and buy shrooms (anyone from NL that can clarify the laws now?).

Anyways I bought a big box of shrooms. I don't remember how much I took, they were fresh. I have grown shrooms in the past so I am familiar with how much weight fresh shrooms dry out to. One of the caps was fat and as big as my palm. I estimate I ate the equivalent of 7-10g of shrooms. I believe they were a Colombian variety.

When I was peaking I had one of the coolest true hallucinations I've ever had. I was rolling a joint in a coffeeshop and the joint literally turned into a butterfly and flew away. Definitely the strongest shrooms trip I've ever had and the only hallucination like that I've ever had on shrooms

Anyways we were there for a concert/festival that had a crazy light show. About 15 minutes into the concert I wake up on the floor with a group of people staring down at me like I had just fucking died.

According to my sister I "fainted" and fell backwards onto this poor couple and scared the shit out of everyone. I don't know how long I was out for... But my trip went south really quick after that and had to leave the festival.

Anyways has anyone ever fainted/blacked out from shrooms before? The shrooms I took were definitely cubensis.

I've taken shrooms probably 50+ times after this, in lower doses, and never experienced it again. Haven't taken shrooms in 3 years though because I just don't care for them anymore and prefer other chemicals to trip with.
I once blacked out while on Liberty Caps. I always assumed there was a dodgy one in there, as my friend picked them though, maybe not? I came round pretty quickly after

I fainted on psilocybin once at a large music festival, but I think it was due to 100 degree temperatures and dehydration more than the drug itself. I've taken psilocybin more times than I can even remember and it only occurred in that one instance...

I've always taken home grown, in heroic doses (5g), and at least a hundred times, in combination with cannabis or ayahuasca, and have never fainted.

One time I was SUPER tired after work and not sleeping for 24hs or something, and decided to dose before napping (WHY? I dont know.)

I woke up like an hour later IN the trip. Was like "wtf have I done. I wanna sleep."

Rumbly ride. I had to meditate on that one, I was really forced to trip in a way. It was kinda OK at the end tho. Felt really good after.

But to answer the question, Maybe if I had taken 7-10gs!!! I would have fainted too, cause thats a very heroic dose, and can definitly DEMOLISH a man.

I've nearly fainted a couple of times in the days after high dose shrooms. Standing up too fast etc, I guess that's the same thing? I felt like they lowered my blood pressure or something. Noticed it with frequent DMT use as well. When holding in big hits of cannabis I'd get that whippet feeling.

I've nearly fainted a couple of times in the days after high dose shrooms. Standing up too fast etc, I guess that's the same thing? I felt like they lowered my blood pressure or something. Noticed it with frequent DMT use as well. When holding in big hits of cannabis I'd get that whippet feeling.
Same thing bro stood up to take a piss and blacked out not for long but still blacked out

Same thing bro stood up to take a piss and blacked out not for long but still blacked out

Interesting. Honestly sometimes I'd get pretty crazy visuals sometimes. Started to become a bit worrisome when it was happening regularly though. And I felt it was connected to weird headaches in the center of my head that I got when I was using DMT almost everyday(inb4 pineal gland opening). Weed definitely made it more frequent, I almost fell into tables and stuff a few times when dabbing, but always managed to either kneel or fall back onto chair.

I probably have naturally lowish blood pressure. When I was a kid something similar would happen when I stood up after playing video games a long time, but without any visuals.

Now that I think about it, I think I've come across someone reporting the same thing after shrooms on reddit or something. I think a survey may have went around with this question on it. A few years ago

My pal had it happen to him a few times when dabbing also. I've had it on shrooms once and during my high school days we did them weekly. The only other time I had it was when I was on crank and then it happened a few times only when it was a day off from them and always when I stood up quickly must be blood pressure like you said, mate.

My pal had it happen to him a few times when dabbing also. I've had it on shrooms once and during my high school days we did them weekly. The only other time I had it was when I was on crank and then it happened a few times only when it was a day off from them and always when I stood up quickly must be blood pressure like you said, mate.

Standing up too quickly after a couple of dabs has almost ended up with me falling flat on my face on a couple of occasions. Needless to say, I'm much more careful when I stand after smoking dabs. I also try to make sure I'm properly hydrated. I believe its called orthostatic hypotension.

Standing up too quickly after a couple of dabs has almost ended up with me falling flat on my face on a couple of occasions. Needless to say, I'm much more careful when I stand after smoking dabs. I also try to make sure I'm properly hydrated. I believe its called orthostatic hypotension.
Hydration must be why I would have blackouts after going heavy on crank. That stuff dehydrates anyway I would try to keep hydrated but don't think big gulps of coke from seven-eleven was the proper drink for it. It is scary when it happens I always feel this pressure in my head first sometimes I would sit down and stop it once like you I fell flat and broke my nose in front of my dear mom how she must have reacted. On dab I never get it but they fuck me I never did it in the UK but once I was back in the states fuck me I took a big hit fucked me up never thought one hit could do that damage the states have got it right with weed and its spin-offs.

I have had 2 seizures (that I'm aware of...) and both times were when I'd taken a moderate dose of shrooms (maybe 3 grams - both times were over a decade ago).
The first time I was in my early 20's and everyone I was with drank shroom tea, towards the peak everything just went full on colours...that is to say my consciousness became nothing but a field of colours and when that faded away and my senses returned everyone was standing over me looking horrified. They all said I passed out and started to shake like crazy.
When I came to I was stone cold sober and not tripping at all though everyone else certainly still was!
The next time was many years later and I was by myself tripping on probably roughly the same amount of shrooms and I decided to go upstairs from my basement to get a drink...half way up the stairs I lost consciousness and when I came to it felt like I'd been beaten from head to toe though there was no bruising and I was still half way up the stairs....I managed to slowly make my way back down stairs and crawl onto the couch - just totally exhausted and every muscle in my body felt sore.. just played there in silence for hours.
I assume both of those incidents were seizures based on the effect but from my point of view I just lost consciousness and then felt sore all over and extremely exhausted suddenly.
I've only taken shrooms once since then at a festival and had no problems. Also, I'm VERY experienced with psychedelics and this has never happened on anything except actual psylocibin shrooms.
I have also read of other people "swooning" from shrooms on the internet...I'm glad the OP brought this topic up because its rarely discussed amongst mushroom enthusiasts.

it's dose dependent and it occurs with any psychedelic substance when dosed too high.

after you hit your maximum psychedelic resonance, the effect of additional intensity (i.e. the overdose) is always blackout or whiteout, occasionally with somnambulism (wandering unconscious).

on long lasting psychedelics like mushrooms or acid, if you take too much, you may experience a series of blackouts with or without mindless wandering. Some people like it. Some think it is the essence of ego loss (it is not).

I have experienced it on salvia, cannabis and lsd when mixed with cannabis.
re-integrating after it is like waking from a dream - and that can be spectacular! or not

Nope but I did have one very odd reaction one time...

I had a 1.75g of some cubes and ate like 1.5g worth that night with just a pinch left in the corner. Fully tripped for a good 6-8hrs then got home and while I was smoking with some buddies decided to eat the rest.

Within 20min I noticed this very odd yet very noticeable sensation of numbness on my left hand pinky finger. This sensation over the next 10mins completely overtook my body as I freaked out not knowing what to do. I tried throwing up to no avail.

Once it came on my entire body was this dissociated numb mess and I had the craziest auditory hallucinations of aliens screaming in my ear like they were mad at me. I was hunched over like an old man and couldn’t get out of it. I laid for the next 6hours listening to these aliens seriously bitch me out, any time I’d get comfortable the alien voice would scream and wake me up.

Fun stuff.

-GC

I fainted several times on shrooms particularly with cannabis. This is one of the reason I prefer LSD which doesn't give me this even with a good amount of cannabis.

Yes, on about 10g of dry mushrooms + extracted harmala

I was walking in a street; felt uneasy and confused for just a few seconds; and came back to my senses lying on my back with two guys asking me if I was okay.
From the number of people in that street and the fact that only two were standing over me, I must only have been out for a couple of seconds.
Maybe 20 seconds after standing back up, I felt extremely refreshed and uplifted.
I've always stayed home for high doses after that time, because being out in the street would be asking for an accident to happen.

With both mushrooms and 4aco-dmt Ive had quite scary brain zap type sensations accompanied by a short lapse of consciousness. This has only happened when I was on kratom or physically not in the best shape for tripping. Mushrooms where discovered to contain beta-carbolines so I think interactions should be taken more seriously with higher doses. In saying that, I have no issues with Mushrooms combined with MDMA.